Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by skyscanner
I inquired about the 10% off BA flights on the BA flyertalk page. I got a reply that it was a scam and the post was closed. Is this card really a scam?
A friend tested the BA discount this morning (using the link in the FoundersCard portal) it works. Test a Y and F fare.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
A friend tested the BA discount this morning (using the link in the FoundersCard portal) it works. Test a Y and F fare.
But probably not particularly useful unless renewed, since the T&Cs say: Discounts are valid for outbound travel through – October 30, 2016.

edit: But apparently you can book flights past that date and still get the discount.

Last edited by fordan; Oct 20, 2016 at 8:40 am
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:33 am

Diamond Card Questions

I have a question regarding the Diamond Card.
If I apply for Founders Card today approximately how long does it take for Caesers to upgrade your account?

Also if I get the upgrade late this year does it expire in Jan. 2017 or 2018?
Are they still offering the $100 dinner voucher with the upgrade also?

And my last question is if I sign up what is the least expensive option available today? is it still $395 for one year and $595 for two years with the initiation fee waived. Are there better deals available and should I choose to wait for one of these?

I am planning on signing up very soon. I appreciate any and all feedback and I will use the most helpful persons referral if they were kind enough to send me one.

Thank you,
Troy
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by irishjames23
I have a question regarding the Diamond Card.
If I apply for Founders Card today approximately how long does it take for Caesers to upgrade your account?

Also if I get the upgrade late this year does it expire in Jan. 2017 or 2018?
Are they still offering the $100 dinner voucher with the upgrade also?

And my last question is if I sign up what is the least expensive option available today? is it still $395 for one year and $595 for two years with the initiation fee waived. Are there better deals available and should I choose to wait for one of these?

I am planning on signing up very soon. I appreciate any and all feedback and I will use the most helpful persons referral if they were kind enough to send me one.
Quoted upgrade time is 4-6 weeks, that is the upgrade commitment from FoundersCard. But, some have had it happen in under 2 weeks.

Expiry is January 2017, until Caesars renews with FoundersCard (which happens in December 2016), and then it will extend to January 2018. [Not a guarantee, but has been the case for the past few years...]

$395 or $295x2 (prepaid) with waiver is the current offer (Private Message for code, if you desire.)
[Your renewal rate, will become $395 or $295 respectively. So, $295 is much better deal since you get the renewal of $295 "for life."]

$100 voucher for dinner is applicable, for every year your are Diamond (from Caesars).
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:39 am

Thanks for the help

Quoted upgrade time is 4-6 weeks, that is the upgrade commitment from FoundersCard. But, some have had it happen in under 2 weeks.

Expiry is January 2017, until Caesars renews with FoundersCard (which happens in December 2016), and then it will extend to January 2018. [Not a guarantee, but has been the case for the past few years...]

$395 or $295x2 (prepaid) with waiver is the current offer (Private Message for code, if you desire.)
[Your renewal rate, will become $395 or $295 respectively. So, $295 is much better deal since you get the renewal of $295 "for life."]

$100 voucher for dinner is applicable, for every year your are Diamond (from Caesars).
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Rumour has it that the rates will be going up on the 1st of November 2016. But, that has been said before. Perhaps, makes sense for someone who was planning to enroll in the next few weeks.

Personally, I still believe there will be discount/incentive periods even if the discounted rates increase. But, that is 100% my personal opinion.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
Rumour has it that the rates will be going up on the 1st of November 2016. But, that has been said before. Perhaps, makes sense for someone who was planning to enroll in the next few weeks.

Personally, I still believe there will be discount/incentive periods even if the discounted rates increase. But, that is 100% my personal opinion.
Well if that's the case, it's a good thing I locked in for 2 years.

That being said, we'll have to see if they renew the Caesars partnership since that's primarily what I use it for.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:03 am
Original Poster

As I mentioned upstream, rumour has it that rates increase 1 November 2016. They have said that before. So my confidence is 50%. What I do know for sure. Enrollment involves an initiation fee of $95 + $395 for 1 year or $295x2 prepaid for two years. I have been able to waive the $95 fee for the past 1+ years. I was told I can NOT waive the fee after 1 November.

I have been told they are discontinuing the waiver of initiation fees after 1 November 2016. I have no idea if this is global; but is definitely true for my referrals.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:10 am

As of Nov.1 still the same.
"Use my VIP Promo Code FCDON615 for an annual rate of $395 (vs. our standard rate of $595), valid through November 8, 2016."
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by donk7
As of Nov.1 still the same.
"Use my VIP Promo Code FCDON615 for an annual rate of $395 (vs. our standard rate of $595), valid through November 8, 2016."
Be sure to qualify with or without the $95 initiation fee.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Anyone else suspecting that with the creation of the "VIP Access" pass at Caesars properties for SPG Platinums and people who spend $10k on the TR Visa card that we're going to see the program change to offer that status vs Diamond?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by fordan
Anyone else suspecting that with the creation of the "VIP Access" pass at Caesars properties for SPG Platinums and people who spend $10k on the TR Visa card that we're going to see the program change to offer that status vs Diamond?
I say no, because on FC's side renewals will drop like bricks. Diamond status is a whole 'nother thing than that pass. It's a perfect thing to offer because you get great perks, but you're still not anywhere near the top tier (factoring in Aspirations). On Caesars side, Diamond is a way to get people in the door. "Come here and skip the lines AND the resort fee! Plus get $100 towards a fancy meal!" They want people to spend money, obviously, and with the shift in Vegas, offering this perk to FC members is a wise gamble. The win for them is many people who are gamblers have FC, and they know they are going to spend in their properties, too. You don't get a Founderscard to get Diamond and go across the street, other than to do a tier match.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi,

So yesterday I got upgraded from Gold to Diamond via the Founders card. I saw that my status changed online, so I first went to Rio to get the new card. With it, I was able to access the Diamond lounge at Rio.

I then took the shuttle and went into the Diamond Lounge at Harrah's. The dragon lady initially refused me entry, as the system showed that the card was Gold. I explained to her that I got it through the Founders card and she let me in.

Afterwards, I went across the street to Caesars. to check out their Diamond Lounge as well. The dragon there was very nice and chatty when taking my diamond card and my ID, but turned red and nasty when his system also showed the card as Gold. He referred me to the TR desk.

I complained at the TR desk. The lady there first said I was downgraded because I had not played enough (although the card shows 01/2017 as the expiration date). Then I talked to the supervisor, who took my Id, my Diamond card, my phone with the TR app and the emails with the Founders card representatives about the TR upgrade. After half an hour, they were able to solve the issue and my status appeared as Diamond in their system. I got to enjoy my 3rd Diamond lounge of the night.

I am happy that the upgrade was done and that it only took 2 weeks to do so. However, the facial expressions of the TR representatives I met at Harrah's and Caesar's were insinuating that the card I had was a fake and that I was a fraudster. I was never told this in words, but this is what they believed. I can't blame them tough, because when I initially applied for the Founders card, paid the fee and the inquired about it on the BA forum, I too was told it was a scam.

Does CET not train their employees with information about the Founders card and how it is possible to get this Diamond status without playing and spending at Caesars properties?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skyscanner
Does CET not train their employees with information about the Founders card and how it is possible to get this Diamond status without playing and spending at Caesars properties?
They do not. But, I could share far worse stories than this.

Let's say, in most cases the cluelessness is a benefit.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:09 am

Just like with any business where humans are employed, not everyone knows all they should. Even if they are told about it and trained on it, a bad day or general lack of care tosses all of that out of the window. I'd wager there's some that don't understand the Visa Platinum, nor the surveys or Social Rewards, much less Founderscard. Always go higher...unless it's a beneficial cluelessness as Mr. BK referenced.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.