FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Loyalty Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs-651/)
-   -   Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs/1582880-caesars-total-rewards-diamond-status-founderscard.html)

UCSBCHRIS2002 Jan 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by mistermichigan (Post 32014214)
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...39884c18f2.jpg
It happened earlier than what she told me. Now I can go to Atlantic City on Saturday and not have to worry about resort fees or paying for parking.

Mine still shows 2020 as expiration. Hopefully it will be updated tomorrow.

ellinj Jan 31, 2020 6:55 am

No update here you, mine still expires today.

mistermichigan Jan 31, 2020 8:19 am

Originally Posted by ellinj (Post 32015895)
No update here you, mine still expires today.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c2fe7b23f2.jpg
This is what's on the sight now. I am going to Atlantic City tomorrow and Madison asked me to forward my reservation confirmation to her and that's why I got upgraded so fast.

mrkymark Jan 31, 2020 3:28 pm

Down to the wire

Glad things worked out as a big reason I keep FC is for the Diamond. This one was really down to the wire wasn't it? Wonder what they negotiated away.

Hipplewm Jan 31, 2020 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by mrkymark (Post 32017944)
Glad things worked out as a big reason I keep FC is for the Diamond. This one was really down to the wire wasn't it? Wonder what they negotiated away.

From what Madison said on the phone was the expiration of the previous contract was Jan 31, Caesars took their time ratifying the new contract.

ellinj Jan 31, 2020 3:48 pm

I wouldn't expect that this will get renewed next year, even if it does, I expect El Dorado to cut benefits, this level may no longer include waived resort fees.

Harry Lyme Feb 1, 2020 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj (Post 32018016)
I wouldn't expect that this will get renewed next year, even if it does, I expect El Dorado to cut benefits, this level may no longer include waived resort fees.

Removing waived resort fees from Platinum was a smart move. Diamond? Expect the floor to fall out from under them. That's a huge perk that separates them from their competitors.

As for FC, every year we say it might be the last year, but I still say it's wait and see. It's clearly been beneficial to CET, enough so that it's been renewed again. I'm sure they have numbers on the table Eldorado can look at to make the case for continuing it.

lunchtime Feb 1, 2020 10:18 pm

Awesome news on Caesars! Understandably it will take Caesars some time to get everyone back and i appreciate they tried to help people with trips this weekend. thanks!

I registered for the AA promotion as well for three months of status. When i follow the instructions and look in my wallet i don't see anything? Did anyone else do the AA status and see the option in their wallet?

huge Feb 2, 2020 2:17 pm

I'm Diamond at Wyndham, so could get Caesars Diamond that way (and I'll probably drop FC this year for that reason). I'm guessing that I look just as bad having "fake" Caesars Diamond status via Wyndham status match as via Founderscard ... anyone know anything different?

ellinj Feb 2, 2020 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by huge (Post 32024709)
I'm Diamond at Wyndham, so could get Caesars Diamond that way (and I'll probably drop FC this year for that reason). I'm guessing that I look just as bad having "fake" Caesars Diamond status via Wyndham status match as via Founderscard ... anyone know anything different?

Offers will always be based on play no matter where you get your status.

mtofell Feb 2, 2020 4:11 pm

Yeah, the main perks with CET Diamond are the express check-in, no resort fees, parking and getting to the front of the cage and restaurant lines. With FC costing 300/year and resort fees being 40/night it doesn't take too long to get your money back just with that one perk. Some of the others are just times savers but it can be HUGE. Lines to check-in to many of the Las Vegas properties can be hours.

james400 Feb 5, 2020 8:38 am

Found this on another board, before you click through one of these people pushing their links, call or email founderscard and start a dialogue. I did years ago and got a much better deal than any of the ones presented here...

"I earned diamond on my own last year so emailed to cancel my founder membership. Only had it for one year after I missed diamond the year before by 100 tier credits. After a few emails they kept lowering the membership price. Last one was 195 for the year. I still have to pass but that is pretty low. Especially if you really need it for diamond. A 2 night stay and 100 diamond dinner and it would be paid for."

UCSBCHRIS2002 Feb 5, 2020 10:57 am

Still Gold?

Just logged into my account and it still shows Gold. Has anyone else still not received Diamond? Their site says by the 5th accounts will be updated but not mine.

msavs Feb 5, 2020 11:20 am

I'm in the same boat. Was hoping to log in today and see that I was re-upgraded to Diamond but unfortunately no such luck. Maybe it will happen tomorrow morning. In the meantime, hopefully we can hear from some people who have had success. I have a trip to a caesars property in the next 2 weeks, so I'll be writing Founderscard an e-mail if I don't see the re-upgrade by friday.

sg4515 Feb 5, 2020 6:27 pm

My wife and I both have FoundersCard. Wife was upgraded to Diamond today, I am still Gold. Hoping the upgrade for me happens tomorrow.