Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Founders Card
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
A friend contacted me a week+ ago, he had let his FC membership lapse. His Caesars status was downgraded back to gold immediately. It seems FC now gives Caesars a list of folks to downgrade. Previously, it was believed that even if your FC membership ended the Caesars Diamond Status was good until the end of the Caesars Membership Year (currently 31 January 2018).

I have NOT confirmed this personally with FoundersCard; but I believe this person's story to be accurate.

Just keep this in mind with regard to your FC status match to Caesars Diamond.
It was believed by you possibly, my understanding, was when the FC affiliation goes away, so does your Diamond status. Where has anyone seen differently?

Here's what FC says:

Current upgrade valid through January 31, 2018.
Please allow up to 3 weeks for upgrade to process from the time you submit your request.
Must be 21+ to redeem this benefit.
Membership must be in good standing.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, AA
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Anyone know a way to get a Founder Club for under $495? Seems like that is the current referral price.
495 is the lowest i see right now, they tend to just have a promo rate not multiple.

Feel free to use this one, if you need, or anyone who needs a referral for the lower rate.

Use my referral code FCPETER097 for a preferred invite at: https://founderscard.com/membership?code=FCPETER097
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Anyone know a way to get a Founder Club for under $495? Seems like that is the current referral price.
My referral just ended a few nights ago... Was going to refer a buddy..
Anyway that referral was 395 + 100 amex card. Dead now. Which is a pretty great offer. Just wait for a better then current offer.

Side note Diamond Question.

My Diamond just got renewed again (2 months ago) via founderscard renewal email saying it was renewed... however it has the same expiration date as before (JAN 2018)
Was my celebration dinner renewed?

I'm planning on Vegas or Lake Tahoe next month (free comp nights!) but would be great if I could use my celebration dinner again.. previously used it in 2016.

Last edited by oyouno; Sep 6, 2017 at 8:34 pm
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by oyouno
Anyway that referral was 395 + 100 amex card. Dead now. Which is a pretty great offer. Just wait for a better then current offer.

My Diamond just got renewed again (2 months ago) via founderscard renewal email saying it was renewed... however it has the same expiration date as before (JAN 2018)

I'm planning on Vegas or Lake Tahoe next month (free comp nights!) but would be great if I could use my celebration dinner again.. previously used it in 2016.
*Ixnay my answer from the record*

Last edited by Harry Lyme; Sep 7, 2017 at 10:02 am Reason: Incorrect Info aka poor reading haha
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by oyouno

Check in with Total Rewards about your celebration dinner, They will give you the best answer.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by james400
Check in with Total Rewards about your celebration dinner, They will give you the best answer.
Don't know how I missed that he said at the end that 2016 was when he used it. So yes, he is able to get the Celebration Dinner if he hasn't used one since February 1st, 2017.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: Total Rewards, MLife
Smile

I saw this on the Founders Card Website under The Cesares Total Rewards Section
in the Member Insights
A superb benefit. Additionally, the Diamond status with TW allows you to upgrade your status with both MGM and Tropicana properties, as well; just show them your Diamond TW card.

Has Anybody Done this ? Just Wondering for my next Trip to Vegas! Thanks for the Help
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Harry Lyme
Don't know how I missed that he said at the end that 2016 was when he used it. So yes, he is able to get the Celebration Dinner if he hasn't used one since February 1st, 2017.
Yep, I did the same thing. Used mine May 2016 and again on renewal May 2017.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Phil Tridico
in the Member Insights
A superb benefit. Additionally, the Diamond status with TW allows you to upgrade your status with both MGM and Tropicana properties, as well; just show them your Diamond TW card.

Has Anybody Done this ? Just Wondering for my next Trip to Vegas! Thanks for the Help
Try it and report back.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Phil Tridico
in the Member Insights

Yes, Caesars Total Rewards Diamond to Mlife Gold is pretty easy. I am only familiar with the Atlantic City markets. Borgata did a Diamond to Black Label for years (like 5+ years) and now that Borgata is MGM Mlife it's Caesars Diamond to Mlife Gold. Then, you can match the Mlife gold to Hyatt Explorist.

We have written about this on TravelZork. It's been possible for years. Haven't tested or paid much attention to the Vegas market though.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Total Rewards, MLife
Thanks for the Help
I do read Travel Zork too
Thanks
Will Try it in Vegas and Report Back
Don't have any trip planed till 018
thanks again
I hope Founders Card Re-ups this Awesome Benefit
Used it in July 017
Awesome Benefit
Diamond is the Way to Go!
Just in the Way your Treated more than Anything
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:34 pm

hey I'm new to this whole founders card deal. I have companion pass through SW for 2017 and 2018 and me and the GF love to go to vegas so I've been looking at getting a year of founders to go along with it mainly for the Dimond status and the Atlantis trip,

my question is, is this the right time to sign up? or wait until next year February? if i sign up now i have Dimond until end of January, well what does that mean? will I get Dimond again in Feb? and if thats the case does that mean I can book a trip to Atlantis before Jan this year, get the $100 dinner credit, and then next year after Feb I could book another free trip to atlantis and get another Dinner?

and could I cancel my membership before next october and just pay the one annual fee?

Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Architect_Izzy
hey I'm new to this whole founders card deal. I have companion pass through SW for 2017 and 2018 and me and the GF love to go to vegas so I've been looking at getting a year of founders to go along with it mainly for the Dimond status and the Atlantis trip,

my question is, is this the right time to sign up? or wait until next year February? if i sign up now i have Dimond until end of January, well what does that mean? will I get Dimond again in Feb? and if thats the case does that mean I can book a trip to Atlantis before Jan this year, get the $100 dinner credit, and then next year after Feb I could book another free trip to atlantis and get another Dinner?

and could I cancel my membership before next october and just pay the one annual fee?

Thanks!
If you sign up now, your Total Rewards Diamond expiry is 31 January 2018. When Total Rewards RENEWS with FC (and IF they renew, I repeat IF they renew, which is NOT a guarantee) your expiry will go to 31 January 2019. But, I have heard if you do NOT renew your FC then your Caesars Diamond status is revoked at that time.

So, you can get benefits now (pending the 5+ weeks for an upgrade to Diamond) but you do not have a huge amount of time. You can use any of the benefits prior to 31 January 2018.

If you need a referral or more info, just send me a PM.

But, please DO NOT join FC now with the expectation that Diamond with Total Rewards will be renewed. It is an UNKNOWN. And anyone who tells you otherwise is probably not being completely transparent.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
But, please DO NOT join FC now with the expectation that Diamond with Total Rewards will be renewed. It is an UNKNOWN. And anyone who tells you otherwise is probably not being completely transparent.
Yup! Zero guarantee. It is definitely a gamble. I signed up last October for two years on a good deal for what I would put down on a decent buy-in at the tables. If they renewed, cool. If not, oh well. If you're afraid of buyer's remorse, wait until February. If you're just slightly skittish, wait. If you're the type to push a few trips in towards the end of the year, and don't mind the gamble, go for it.

I still caution and say really calculate your potential value from it. Don't spend more to "save". That never works. Instead, look at your usual trips and hardcore value and see if the benefits outweigh the cost. Also really look at other benefits FC offers. You might be surprised with the overall value. Or not.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Harry Lyme
Yup! Zero guarantee. It is definitely a gamble. I signed up last October for two years on a good deal for what I would put down on a decent buy-in at the tables. If they renewed, cool. If not, oh well. If you're afraid of buyer's remorse, wait until February. If you're just slightly skittish, wait. If you're the type to push a few trips in towards the end of the year, and don't mind the gamble, go for it.

I still caution and say really calculate your potential value from it. Don't spend more to "save". That never works. Instead, look at your usual trips and hardcore value and see if the benefits outweigh the cost. Also really look at other benefits FC offers. You might be surprised with the overall value. Or not.
Currently "bracing for impact," come January 2018.
Harry Lyme likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.