FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Loyalty Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs-651/)
-   -   Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs/1582880-caesars-total-rewards-diamond-status-founderscard.html)

huge Feb 9, 2017 4:43 am

When I look at my referral page the generated message to my friends says:

Use my VIP Promo Code FCLAURENCE821 for an annual rate of $495 (vs. our standard rate of $595), valid through February 16, 2017.

Is there any way to get my friends a better deal? When I signed up in May of last year I paid $295x2 for 2 years of membership and no initiation fee, or I could have paid $395+0 for 1 year - is it still possible for friends who I refer to get either of those prices?

pwd847 Feb 9, 2017 6:06 am

It is still possible. Call FC and explain that you would like to offer your friend that deal. They will instruct how to do it.

baccarat_king Feb 9, 2017 7:10 am

Originally Posted by huge (Post 27885722)
When I look at my referral page the generated message to my friends says:

Use my VIP Promo Code FCLAURENCE821 for an annual rate of $495 (vs. our standard rate of $595), valid through February 16, 2017.

Is there any way to get my friends a better deal? When I signed up in May of last year I paid $295x2 for 2 years of membership and no initiation fee, or I could have paid $395+0 for 1 year - is it still possible for friends who I refer to get either of those prices?

Originally Posted by pwd847 (Post 27885904)
It is still possible. Call FC and explain that you would like to offer your friend that deal. They will instruct how to do it.

Agree. It's in transition to a higher price (at least it seems that way). So, calling for an exception is the way to go.

huge Feb 9, 2017 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king (Post 27886094)
Agree. It's in transition to a higher price (at least it seems that way). So, calling for an exception is the way to go.

Thanks both. (And @baccarat_king sorry I wasn't looking at the thread when someone was impugning your integrity - if it happens again, just send 'em to me, lol)

MrHilton Feb 10, 2017 8:56 am

Originally Posted by huge (Post 27887655)
Thanks both. (And @baccarat_king sorry I wasn't looking at the thread when someone was impugning your integrity - if it happens again, just send 'em to me, lol)

VIPTPG should still give it to you for $395.00 and no initiation fee.
This until the 16th of feb.

baccarat_king Feb 10, 2017 9:07 am

Originally Posted by huge (Post 27887655)

Thanks! I'm doing pretty well.

Originally Posted by MrHilton (Post 27891315)
VIPTPG should still give it to you for $395.00 and not initiation fee.

I would say there are still "old offers" floating around that will potentially be accepted. With that being said, I would also say it's great advice to move as quickly as possible if you requested information (an application) under on of these promotional codes. (at least, if you desire to purchase a membership very soon....)

skyscanner Feb 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi,

So with the Diamond status there are no resort fees to pay (and no tax on them) which can reduce the hotel rate by up to 45÷.

I was wondering whether it might be a good idea (or not) to live permanently at CET hotels.

Let us assume the average daily rate is 50$ (less on weekdays, more on weekends). That would be 1500$/ month. The TR visa card gives you 5÷ back, which brings this down to 1425$/ month.

You will earn enough tier credits to go Diamond and put you in reach of Aspirations if you also dine at their properties and make good use of promotions.
Also, hotel stays are tax deductable.
There is no need for a car.
You have all the amenities you need right there.
You have plenty of flexibility and places to visit (36 CET properties scattered across the country).
You can have your mail sent to a PO Box.
You buy a lot of time, which you can invest in your business.
You are not tied down to a lease.

Btw, I am young and single and this would not involve dragging any family with me. I also work for myself and 100÷ of my work is online.

Genius idea or totally crazy?

oyouno Feb 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by skyscanner (Post 27892404)
Hi,

So with the Diamond status there are no resort fees to pay (and no tax on them) which can reduce the hotel rate by up to 45÷.

I was wondering whether it might be a good idea (or not) to live permanently at CET hotels.

Crazy idea.
Well, You actually should be able to stay for 100% FREE 4 nights per week every other week but the costs of the other 14 days in the month is going to probably end up costing you anywhere from 80-150/night (1120 -2400)

much Better off and cheaper to just buy a house in the cheapest cost of living area you can find. Or maybe buy a mini van and live in the van in the CET parking lot.

skyscanner Feb 10, 2017 3:14 pm

I disagree, this weekend's rates for the Rio were 40$ for Friday night and 50$ for Saturday night. They were less than 30$/ night during the week. The occasional excessive rate can be easily avoided by spending the night at a club and then taking a nap at the Qua or any other spa.

oyouno Feb 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by skyscanner (Post 27892823)
I disagree, this weekend's rates for the Rio were 40$ for Friday night and 50$ for Saturday night. They were less than 30$/ night during the week. The occasional excessive rate can be easily avoided by spending the night at a club and then taking a nap at the Qua or any other spa.

Or sleep in a cardboard box on the side of the road for free.

skyscanner Feb 10, 2017 9:28 pm

That is insulting.

fordan Feb 11, 2017 1:24 am

Originally Posted by skyscanner (Post 27893888)
That is insulting.

More or less than staying at the Rio?

JETFIRE714 Feb 11, 2017 2:54 am

Looking to apply for FC, what is VIPTPG? Can I still get $395 or $295 x2?

Thanks in advance

JP

skyscanner Feb 11, 2017 2:56 am

Originally Posted by fordan (Post 27894291)
More or less than staying at the Rio?

You are such snobs.

goldenwho98 Feb 11, 2017 11:22 am

Newbie here. Saw the thread and tried to use VIPTPG on FC app. Says it's expired. Any updated code would be mich appreciated. Thanks!