FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Loyalty Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs-651/)
-   -   Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs/1582880-caesars-total-rewards-diamond-status-founderscard.html)

y2kcanucks Feb 3, 2017 9:46 am

So just talked to the TR people and they mentioned that they hadn't received a list of upgrades yet, and there was nothing they could do for me today despite my trip being later today.

I called FoundersCard back and they apologized on behalf of whomever told me yesterday that they had sent the list in. Apparently that list didn't go in until today, but because it's a manual process it likely won't be updated until sometime next week. Again, nothing they could do. I brought up the idea of highlighting certain people who are more urgent, even requesting proof of reservation in order to go through this process, but they were unwilling.

They were nice on the phone at least so there's that. Ugh.

y2kcanucks Feb 3, 2017 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Rookie3 (Post 27860319)
What is the AA q1 promotion? Can it be used for someone else? Same question about AT&T discount. I don't need Founders card for Diamond (and assume that will be going away next year anyway after this fiasco) but wonder if it is somehow still worth it.

BTW being able to spend $5000 to keep diamond seems like a gift. If they made that offer universally available I can think of many people who would get the card (and why pay $295 or $395 or $595 when you can spend $5000 and get the same thing).

Because Canadians aren't eligible for that card.

I am at least a business owner so I do qualify for the FoundersCard, but most of their benefits aren't all that useful for Canadians. This one I found very useful as I do go to Vegas a couple times per year. Not sure how many times this year I'll go given the political climate, which is why I was quite upset at the possibility of not having my upgrade done in time.

For Americans though, I would probably recommend that credit card. Unless your current card has a better rewards program, but even if it does just simply put the $5k on this card and stop using it for the rest of the year.

seric Feb 3, 2017 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Seabilly (Post 27857111)
Interesting. As far as the upgrade, I'm going to wait. I already did my January Vegas trip (AT&T/CES) and won't be back until July for DEFCON, and already made those reservations. If I don't get Diamond w/ FC, I'll get it with TR Visa this year. I need to put 5K on that card anyway to keep Plat should Diamond go away next year. At least I'll have the special check in lines.

Seabilly,

Since you attend DEFCON, I'm curious to your thoughts on FC networking events? While I don't see any value in them for a well provided field like infosec, one of our VC's was previously telling me there might be value for another industry I'm involved in. His viewpoints have since been dampened towards FC as an organization. I'd like additional datapoints.

Seabilly Feb 3, 2017 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by seric (Post 27860820)
Seabilly,

Since you attend DEFCON, I'm curious to your thoughts on FC networking events? While I don't see any value in them for a well provided field like infosec, one of our VC's was previously telling me there might be value for another industry I'm involved in. His viewpoints have since been dampened towards FC as an organization. I'd like additional datapoints.

Agree with the thought that they don't really look like they'd help in the IA/IT fields, and there are tons of other conferences already established where that kind of networking is already available. I haven't had the chance to go to a FC event yet, though I keep checking to see if one is in my area, or close to where I'll be on my regular travels. I would love to try one just to verify whether it would help me or not.

skyscanner Feb 3, 2017 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Rookie3 (Post 27860319)
What is the AA q1 promotion? Can it be used for someone else? Same question about AT&T discount. I don't need Founders card for Diamond (and assume that will be going away next year anyway after this fiasco) but wonder if it is somehow still worth it.

BTW being able to spend $5000 to keep diamond seems like a gift. If they made that offer universally available I can think of many people who would get the card (and why pay $295 or $395 or $595 when you can spend $5000 and get the same thing).

I don't have any spending amounting to 1700$/ month. How can I put that money on the CC and get it back? Buying gold coins?

baccarat_king Feb 3, 2017 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by skyscanner (Post 27861697)
I don't have any spending amounting to 1700$/ month. How can I put that money on the CC and getting back? Buying gold coins?

Rent, mortgage, car payments, other (non credit card) loan payments, tuition payments. True, it will cost you 2-2.5%; but that's not horrible to meet the spend requirements for most things.

seric Feb 3, 2017 1:52 pm

I don't have any spending amounting to 1700$/ month. How can I put that money on the CC and getting back? Buying gold coins?

My natural spend rarely dips below five figures a month. However, there is a well developed hobby in manufactured spending. Easy mode would probably just entail purchasing prepaid giftcards for establishments you already frequently spend money at. Amazon, Costco, Dining. Another method is to buy gift cards and then purchase money orders with those gift cards made out to yourself, this would require a fee.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-spending-719/

oyouno Feb 3, 2017 1:56 pm

not anymore. gold 1 dollar coins were great while they lasted tough.
You could pay off auto insurance early, pay off cable and phone bills in advance. Buy gas gift cards and grocery gift cards to hit the spend sooner.

I actually have the TR visa which normal offer was 100dollars TR credit and automatic platinum as soon as you spend 750/90days.
I also got the same diamond offer after 5k when I apply for the card.....even though i already currently have the card.... so TR just sending out that offer as soon as you get downgraded it seems.

oyouno Feb 3, 2017 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by caltrinity (Post 27856736)
Good point. Most, if not all, membership programs and service contracts have a similar clause. Whether or not the said clause is enforceable --- that is to be determined via arbitration or consumer protection agencies.

I would go and file a claim with my CC company if it comes to it for services not rendered or something along those lines.

caltrinity Feb 3, 2017 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by oyouno (Post 27861793)
I would go and file a claim with my CC company if it comes to it for services not rendered or something along those lines.

Yes the credit card companies (who want you to be happy and use their card) will likely side with you if you file a charge back claim.

Mike Valko Feb 4, 2017 6:54 am

After patiently waiting, my Diamond status is back.

angiez628 Feb 4, 2017 7:14 am

Originally Posted by seric (Post 27861725)
My natural spend rarely dips below five figures a month. However, there is a well developed hobby in manufactured spending. Easy mode would probably just entail purchasing prepaid giftcards for establishments you already frequently spend money at. Amazon, Costco, Dining. Another method is to buy gift cards and then purchase money orders with those gift cards made out to yourself, this would require a fee.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-spending-719/

While manufactured spending is a good way to earn points/perks, it should come with a HUGE WARNING. Those who get really angry over the slight lag in FC/TC negotiations will not have the temperament to succeed in the game.

Each and every manufactured spend method is high risk - here today/gone tomorrow and if you can't take the heat of a moving target don't do it. Just a friendly warning.

jackwad23 Feb 4, 2017 7:38 am

Mike

Originally Posted by Mike Valko (Post 27864096)
After patiently waiting, my Diamond status is back.

I applied for the benefit in November, is this your first time thru FoundersCard getting the benefit? Maybe it means my upgrade is close.

Mike Valko Feb 4, 2017 9:09 am

Yes. Signed up in nov as well. Was sup. To be diamond jan 15th but then all the negotiations held it up. Logged in today and it was completed.

jackwad23 Feb 4, 2017 9:54 am

Cool

Originally Posted by Mike Valko (Post 27864525)
Yes. Signed up in nov as well. Was sup. To be diamond jan 15th but then all the negotiations held it up. Logged in today and it was completed.

I was told January 15th as well. Hopefully it happens soon. Got my Total Rewards upgrade to Platinum a couple days ago. Go to Vegas next weekend for safety week seminars, so here is hoping.