Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:07 pm

Has anyone been denied the 100 dollar dining credit or the two free show tickets . What was the explanation why? Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by LSUcrazyman
Has anyone been denied the 100 dollar dining credit or the two free show tickets . What was the explanation why? Thanks
I have inquired with FoundersCard and the $100 (appreciation dinner) is not guaranteed as part of the FoundersCard upgrade. Some have gotten it, and it has been surmised that they have had some play at Caesars properties. Since it is NOT part of the program, one should treat it as a "cherry on top," and not assume they will get it. And, if you do not get it there is no recourse.

I do not believe there is any issue with the show ticket benefit for Diamond in Vegas.

My thought about the $100 Diamond Appreciation Dinner is that Caesars feels that is a bonus you get AFTER you have accumulated the requisite tier points for Diamond Status. Since you "just get upgraded" with FoundersCard, Caesars does not feel you "earned" the appreciation dinner. This is my personal opinion, with regard to this benefit.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:26 pm

Thanks for your help ... Has anyone got it without meeting the requirements thru gambling.I have over 15k in tier credits but they were obtained thru credit card purchases
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by LSUcrazyman
Thanks for your help ... Has anyone got it without meeting the requirements thru gambling.I have over 15k in tier credits but they were obtained thru credit card purchases
I assume it's reward credits not tier credits; I don't believe the credit card offers tier credits.

Reward credits are what you can redeem for comps, tier credits are earned by gambling ($5 slot/$10 VP/$?? table per tier credit) and are what determine status.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, AC 25K
Not sure who you are talking to at FoundersCard but there is a fair amount of comments on their website about this benefit. Member services associate Bryna Hoang has posted that FoundersCard members are eligible for the celebration dinner.

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I have inquired with FoundersCard and the $100 (appreciation dinner) is not guaranteed as part of the FoundersCard upgrade. Some have gotten it, and it has been surmised that they have had some play at Caesars properties. Since it is NOT part of the program, one should treat it as a "cherry on top," and not assume they will get it. And, if you do not get it there is no recourse.

I do not believe there is any issue with the show ticket benefit for Diamond in Vegas.

My thought about the $100 Diamond Appreciation Dinner is that Caesars feels that is a bonus you get AFTER you have accumulated the requisite tier points for Diamond Status. Since you "just get upgraded" with FoundersCard, Caesars does not feel you "earned" the appreciation dinner. This is my personal opinion, with regard to this benefit.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by airswim
Not sure who you are talking to at FoundersCard but there is a fair amount of comments on their website about this benefit. Member services associate Bryna Hoang has posted that FoundersCard members are eligible for the celebration dinner.
Hilary Hughes, Membership Coordinator, told me differently.
She did mention that it was quite variable.

Considering that it does not seem to be 100% and I do not believe it's listed as a benefit for signing up via FoundersCard (for Caesars Diamond); I prefer to err on the side of caution.

If most people have been getting it, well, that's awesome.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Hilary Hughes, Membership Coordinator, told me differently.
She did mention that it was quite variable.

Considering that it does not seem to be 100% and I do not believe it's listed as a benefit for signing up via FoundersCard (for Caesars Diamond); I prefer to err on the side of caution.

If most people have been getting it, well, that's awesome.
I was warned also last November when I signed up for FC. But I was able to use the $100 dining credit twice.... once in January in Vegas....and again in June in AC (I received a new one when the card reset April 1.)
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elg26
I was warned also last November when I signed up for FC. But I was able to use the $100 dining credit twice.... once in January in Vegas....and again in June in AC (I received a new one when the card reset April 1.)
Seems there have been more success than failures. Which is awesome.

I just do not feel comfortable promising the dining credit when I do a referral. I do believe it is still a "bit" YMMV.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 6:48 pm

Smile

If anyone needs the Diamond Status referral code.. send me a message! :-)
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:06 am
KKB

We were in Vegas the last week of July

We were able to get the $100 dining voucher no problem.
When Mom & I visited in the end of May/early June we were actually able to get TWO sets of show tickets since they are 2 per calendar month.
But as often as we go the resort fees alone make it worth it.
We prefer a larger lunch, so it is nice to pop into diamond lounges for a light dinner though the repetition of offerings got a bit tiring after 8 nights!
Plus the diamond check in had coffee & water (you had to ask for water) all day.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:10 pm

Hey folks,
Newbie to all this point stuff. I must say... its addicting!!

Does anyone happen to have the Diamond Status referral code they could pm me?

Thnx again all
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MDEL210201
Hey folks,
Newbie to all this point stuff. I must say... its addicting!!

Does anyone happen to have the Diamond Status referral code they could pm me?

Thnx again all
Sure, just PM'ed you.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:56 am

Just read this whole thread but I have 2 questions. So I'm a platinum member, first through the credit card but actually earned the 5000 points this year (I don't consider myself a big time gambler). I goto the horseshoe baltimore once a month, goto AC 2-3times a year, and only been to Vegas this past March. my next big trip is to Vegas in the end of January. So my first question is if i sign up now am I risking only being upgraded for 6 months since status change is 3/2016? Also I was reading from previous posts that as long as you are active/renewing FC member your diamond status will continue renewing?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nattybrizoh
Just read this whole thread but I have 2 questions. So I'm a platinum member, first through the credit card but actually earned the 5000 points this year (I don't consider myself a big time gambler). I goto the horseshoe baltimore once a month, goto AC 2-3times a year, and only been to Vegas this past March. my next big trip is to Vegas in the end of January. So my first question is if i sign up now am I risking only being upgraded for 6 months since status change is 3/2016? Also I was reading from previous posts that as long as you are active/renewing FC member your diamond status will continue renewing?
#1 | Much like hotels that renew (or don't) for AMEX-FHR, you do not find out until December (approximately) if Caesars will renew. So, the ONLY GUARANTEE if you join now, is Caesars Diamond till March 2016. But, my gut feeling, is that they will review, but you never now.

#2 | Yes, as long as you are a FoundersCard member, Caesars Diamond continues to renew IF Caesars renews with FoundersCard. But, of course, if Caesars does NOT renew, you can also choose to NOT renew your FoundersCard.

My analyses if you should or should not join FoundersCard now :

You are Caesars Platinum. So, Diamond gets you this :
- $100 dining credit in AC or Vegas (etc.) that's a definite $100 value since you go to AC/Vegas
- Free Diamond Lounge access in Vegas
- Diamond Lounge access in AC (but AC has a TR points co-pay, so be aware)
- Status Match at Borgata. You mention AC. You match Caesars Diamond to Borg Black Card. You get :
Free room (for a Saturday is applicable, that can be worth a lot), F&B credit (enough for lounge), and I believe some minimal slot play. Let's call the overall benefit at Borg if you value the room around $150 or so
- NO resort fees for Caesars Diamond. (not sure the deal with Platinum); this could make or break the deal. Since COMP room resort fees can add up.
- Shows in Vegas, quite a few free shows (2 tickets a month) for Diamond, value is very personal
- Baltimore Diamond Lounge? not sure how to value. No free drinks in Baltimore. Other perks at Baltimore? Valet, priority; probably minimal value, but that would also be a personal valuation.

I guess, my point, is if you frequent AC and Vegas a few times between now and March 2016; is doing FoundersCard really that risky... and you still have a greater than 50% chance Caesars will renew; and you are then Diamond till 2017. Just my 2 cents. But, then again, I like to "gamble" a bit.

Last edited by baccarat_king; Sep 4, 2015 at 1:10 am
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by ab_initio
Sure, just PM'ed you.
Thnx again AB,
Question.. If approved for the card what would i expect to pay as far as membership fees go?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.