FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Loyalty Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs-651/)
-   -   Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs/1582880-caesars-total-rewards-diamond-status-founderscard.html)

MilesTalk May 26, 2021 5:15 pm

Literally all you need to do is match your FC earned Caesars Diamond to Wyndham Diamond. Then you can match back when your Caesars expires. No need to waste money on FC.

Originally Posted by jgxtrav1 (Post 33218546)
From my experience (and several others who have posted here and/or on the Vegas Message Board), your Diamond status will expire within a few days of your Founders Club expiration date (or within a couple days after FC calls to try to persuade you to renew).

My experience:
After I let my Founders Club membership lapse, I was called twice (by FC) within a week and offered some incentives to renew. When I declined the second offer my Diamond status disappeared 48 hours later. Others have indicated the same (even if they weren't called by FC).

But, good luck, maybe Founders Club/Caesars have changed their policies(?).

rdchen Jun 7, 2021 4:58 pm

Can the diamond celebration dinner credit be used at Eldorado, Circus Circus, and Silver Legacy in Reno?

italdesign Aug 30, 2021 7:39 pm

For those who used the $100 dinner, does the Diamond member need to be present? In other programs, we've been able to redeem other family members' dining credits just by providing their account #s.

mtofell Aug 30, 2021 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign (Post 33531595)
For those who used the $100 dinner, does the Diamond member need to be present? In other programs, we've been able to redeem other family members' dining credits just by providing their account #s.

I can't answer for certain since I've never not been present but there's never been an ID check or anything that I can remember. The Diamond member's card must be present (I believe) since that is how they access the credit. I can't imagine them comparing that against the name on the credit card used (assuming you go over the $100). Or, maybe just pay cash?

braddahman86 Aug 30, 2021 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by mtofell (Post 33531724)
I can't answer for certain since I've never not been present but there's never been an ID check or anything that I can remember. The Diamond member's card must be present (I believe) since that is how they access the credit. I can't imagine them comparing that against the name on the credit card used (assuming you go over the $100). Or, maybe just pay cash?

Used to be you had to go to TR desk and print out voucher for the $100 which would require member ID and card. Now you just let the restaurant know and present the CR card, but I'd expect most restaurants to check ID as well. Could be a YMMV situation, but I would err towards an ID check.

jgxtrav1 Aug 31, 2021 2:58 am

Our experience:

My wife and I have always been asked for ID when we use our Diamond cards for a Diamond dinner but, in the old days (when we used a printed out voucher), we were not asked for ID. However, as earlier reported, to get the Diamond dinner voucher at the Total Rewards desk, we did have to show ID.

Note: We have always used our Diamond dinners only in Las Vegas (at restaurants as well as the Bacchanal buffet).

angiez628 Aug 31, 2021 8:12 am

Yes the member needs to be present. Every time we have used ours we have to provide an ID. I am surprised that you are able to use other's credits with Caesars Rewards. I don't think I have ever not had to produce an ID.

FrugalShopper Sep 5, 2021 2:51 pm

I have been Diamond through FoundersCard for several years now. Love the low room rates. However, now when I log in and look at rates for Las Vegas, it shows every day at every property as being sold out. Talked to several people on the phone. Looks like I am not eligible for best rate or member rates. In order to book a room, I have to log out and pay full price. Has anyone else experienced this?

baccarat_king Sep 5, 2021 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by FrugalShopper (Post 33545596)
I have been Diamond through FoundersCard for several years now. Love the low room rates. However, now when I log in and look at rates for Las Vegas, it shows every day at every property as being sold out. Talked to several people on the phone. Looks like I am not eligible for best rate or member rates. In order to book a room, I have to log out and pay full price. Has anyone else experienced this?

what did FC say when you queried them? As an aside, Vegas is very high occupancy September/October/November 2021.

FrugalShopper Sep 5, 2021 3:01 pm

I checked every Vegas property for every date for an entire year - all black exclamation points, sold out. I have not spoken to Founders, only Caesars. Do you think Caesars is mad at me because I book rooms all the time and don't play? If so, how much do I have to play to get it back? My account still shows Diamond, etc. Would founders possibly go to bat for me since I pay them?

baccarat_king Sep 5, 2021 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by FrugalShopper (Post 33545614)
I checked every Vegas property for every date for an entire year - all black exclamation points, sold out. I have not spoken to Founders, only Caesars. Do you think Caesars is mad at me because I book rooms all the time and don't play? If so, how much do I have to play to get it back? My account still shows Diamond, etc. Would founders possibly go to bat for me since I pay them?

Founders CZR rate is a negotiated rate discount, similar to a corporate code. In theory CZR can restrict comp, discount rooms and offers based on player history. BUT, the FC rate never required play. Or did you burn CZR on comp or CZR (heavily discounted) offer rooms? They have a department that can reinstate that — or you can try to raise your Theo; or both. That department tends to not be very flexible if you have a global marketing restriction on your account. I would start with FC.

FrugalShopper Sep 5, 2021 3:18 pm

Thank you very much! I don't get comps. I always look for the $10/night rates in Vegas and book them. I currently only have one active reservation which is for tomorrow. I just sent a message to Founders using the benefit inquiry function. Hopefully they can restore those great rates for me!

baccarat_king Sep 5, 2021 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by FrugalShopper (Post 33545642)
Thank you very much! I don't get comps. I always look for the $10/night rates in Vegas and book them. I currently only have one active reservation which is for tomorrow. I just sent a message to Founders using the benefit inquiry function. Hopefully they can restore those great rates for me!

No problem. I would not panic, per se. I sounds like the rate you were getting was based on your CZR promotional rates (based on play) and NOT the FC promotional rate code. I believe the FC rate just fills in a rate code that discounts the regular room rate.

For example, for TravelZork, we have a special affiliate rate code. This should be similar to what FC offers, IIRC. I have not checked it in a while. (of course, the FC discount should be larger than this one)
The 5% code stacks on top of other offers, works on all Vegas properties
Promo TZORK5
Enjoy Las Vegas with our Exclusive Offer.
Valid for Stays Now - 12/31/2021
LINK

FrugalShopper Sep 5, 2021 3:45 pm

I just tried your link while logged in, still won't let me book, all black exclamation points. While logged out, it discounts the rack rates by about $1. For example, another Founders Diamond member shows $10/night for Rio weeknights on a certain week, which is what I used to always get. Now if I log out I can see it for $29/night. With the discount code it's $28/night. I want my $10/night back!

mtofell Sep 5, 2021 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by FrugalShopper (Post 33545698)
I just tried your link while logged in, still won't let me book, all black exclamation points. While logged out, it discounts the rack rates by about $1. For example, another Founders Diamond member shows $10/night for Rio weeknights on a certain week, which is what I used to always get. Now if I log out I can see it for $29/night. With the discount code it's $28/night. I want my $10/night back!

Are you going in through the Total Rewards login? I think it now directs to Caesars.com but it used to be TR. I get Diamond through FC and usually go to Vegas 1-2X a year. I play but am far from a high roller. I usually play minimum or close to it on BJ, Pai Gow, 3-card poker, etc. And I don't sit for hours on end. So, I doubt any of my room rates are based much on my play. I'm going at the end of the month and got a room comped at Flamingo for 5 nights and just have to pay for Saturday night so it works out to around $20/night. Also, the biggest benefit I get from FC/Diamond is getting out from under resort fees (currently +/- $40/night).

I just did a search for October and am still showing a lot of comps - see attached screenshot.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...44402e0d4b.png