FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Loyalty Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs-651/)
-   -   Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs/1582880-caesars-total-rewards-diamond-status-founderscard.html)

mtofell Dec 21, 2020 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by ejay (Post 32902910)
Are Diamond members able to use the annual Celebration dinner voucher and/or free show tickets when visiting Vegas, but not staying in a Caesar's property?

I'm 99.9% sure yes (I've just never done it that way and have never needed to ask). When getting the benefit they've never asked for any proof of where I'm staying.

jgxtrav1 Dec 23, 2020 3:09 am

Originally Posted by ejay (Post 32902910)
Are Diamond members able to use the annual Celebration dinner voucher and/or free show tickets when visiting Vegas, but not staying in a Caesar's property?

Yes, unless they have changed the rules (which I don't believe they have). I did so in 2019; that is, I used both while staying at a non-Caesar's property.

iluv2fly Dec 24, 2020 10:09 am

Originally Posted by jgxtrav1 (Post 32906834)
Yes, unless they have changed the rules (which I don't believe they have). I did so in 2019; that is, I used both while staying at a non-Caesar's property.

Do you know if it "trips" you?

jgxtrav1 Dec 25, 2020 3:53 am

No, sorry, I don't know whether or not it "trips" you.

DaveyDandry Apr 25, 2021 11:54 am

My Founders Card membership is coming up in May, just wondering what people have been currently paying for renewal with things still locked down during covid. I got it at a discount last year and plan on asking for a discount again this year. Just don't know what I should be asking for. Any input is welcome. Thanks.

braddahman86 Apr 27, 2021 9:20 am

I got a nice discount, plus an additional 3 months on mine. Rep said because I was a charter member though.

mileage junkie Apr 30, 2021 4:01 am

I didn’t tell them I got the status through Founders Card, but I specifically asked them in person at the rewards desk in LV, to double-check my account, and they said it expires on 1/31/22. My Founders Card membership expires much sooner. I would find it a tad difficult to believe that (especially seeing virtually NO play on my Diamond status account), they would 1) not obviously know I got that status through FC, but 2) more importantly....NOT know/tell me, (if indeed it’s the case), “your Diamond status ends when your FC membership does.” And if that is the case, it doesn’t bode well for them that my card and on-line account both list a 1/31/22 expiration date.

braddahman86 Apr 30, 2021 9:51 am

Wouldn't worry about Caesars cancelling your acct until the expiration even if your FC expires. Not usually worth their time to adjust diff players dates

jgxtrav1 May 1, 2021 7:04 am

Caesars Diamond status (from FC) disappears if you don't renew

From my experience (and several others who have posted here and/or on the Vegas Message Board), your Diamond status will expire within a few days of your Founders Club expiration date (or within a couple days after FC calls to try to persuade you to renew).

My experience:
After I let my Founders Club membership lapse, I was called twice (by FC) within a week and offered some incentives to renew. When I declined the second offer my Diamond status disappeared 48 hours later. Others have indicated the same (even if they weren't called by FC).

But, good luck, maybe Founders Club/Caesars have changed their policies(?).

LV702 May 1, 2021 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Harry Lyme (Post 32053267)
Anytime someone asks me, I always tell them skip the link, and give them a contact and e-mail, along with my referral code and name. They always get a great deal.

Does this work for renewals too?

DaveyDandry May 6, 2021 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by mileage junkie (Post 33216062)
I didn’t tell them I got the status through Founders Card, but I specifically asked them in person at the rewards desk in LV, to double-check my account, and they said it expires on 1/31/22. My Founders Card membership expires much sooner. I would find it a tad difficult to believe that (especially seeing virtually NO play on my Diamond status account), they would 1) not obviously know I got that status through FC, but 2) more importantly....NOT know/tell me, (if indeed it’s the case), “your Diamond status ends when your FC membership does.” And if that is the case, it doesn’t bode well for them that my card and on-line account both list a 1/31/22 expiration date.

The boothlings don't know and don't care how you got your status. When your FC affiliation goes away, so does the Diamond card status and you revert back to whatever level you actually earned. You can carry your diamond card around till the end of time, but your perks will be based on your actual status. I have two friends that were diamond through FC and within two weeks of letting the FC lapse, both were reverted back to their lowly gold card status.

mileage junkie May 13, 2021 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by DaveyDandry (Post 33231530)
The boothlings don't know and don't care how you got your status. When your FC affiliation goes away, so does the Diamond card status and you revert back to whatever level you actually earned. You can carry your diamond card around till the end of time, but your perks will be based on your actual status. I have two friends that were diamond through FC and within two weeks of letting the FC lapse, both were reverted back to their lowly gold card status.

They know now, because I got a supervisor and SPECIFICALLY mentioned it 3 days ago. She confirmed what I posted above. She also gave me her card in case I had any problems going forward. 😊

DaveyDandry May 14, 2021 9:40 am

A supervisor? LOL, she's going to over-ride CET policy? She must have a lot of pull. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

oyouno May 22, 2021 2:24 pm

I have been seeing founders card facebook ads for the past month or so saying 99 dollars renewal fee to re join. Never clicked the links. If i see the ad again I'll post the screenshot with more info. Cant hurt to ask for a lower price if you are wanting to join/renew via email.
I plan on using my FC Diamond CET later this year with the free extension i have.

oyouno May 22, 2021 4:11 pm

Here it is.
https://founderscard.com/rejoin?sour...-eURWwDcyoIuRk

It says activate by 5/29/2021 but that date might just change from 1 week after you see the ad. Not sure.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d63d77c60d.jpg