Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Any promotions for new Borgata Rewards members?

Any promotions for new Borgata Rewards members?

Old Aug 27, 13, 8:34 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 708
Any promotions for new Borgata Rewards members?

I'm flying to Atlantic City next week for the Borgata Poker Open, and I've never had a "My Borgata Rewards" card/account (unless they're part of some Vegas rewards system, but I assume that is not the case).

Are there any ways to get extra rewards credit or some other bonus or free play with a new account signup? I'll be playing a lot of poker there for about two weeks, but not a lot of table games or slots, and I won't be staying at the hotel (can get a cheap room at Harrah's with my TR account).

Sorry if I've missed a FAQ somewhere. Actually, I found this FAQ at the 2+2 poker forum, which has some good info but not a lot about the rewards system there.

Thanks for any tips or advice you can provide...

-huge
huge is offline  
Old Aug 28, 13, 7:10 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,007
the Trade up to Black Label Program is great :

Just show any AC premium card (which also includes any Caesars Group Diamond or 7* card, from Vegas or otherwise)

- Match to Black Label
- Free room stay (which you can use for a Saturday night)
- $100 slot play
- access to lounge

As an aside, the Borgata Amphora (Black Label) Lounge is one of the best VIP lounges in the country.
baccarat_king is offline  
Old Aug 28, 13, 11:49 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 708
Originally Posted by baccarat_king View Post
the Trade up to Black Label Program is great :

Just show any AC premium card (which also includes any Caesars Group Diamond or 7* card, from Vegas or otherwise)

- Match to Black Label
- Free room stay (which you can use for a Saturday night)
- $100 slot play
- access to lounge

As an aside, the Borgata Amphora (Black Label) Lounge is one of the best VIP lounges in the country.
Yeah, sadly I'm not a VIP on any other gaming program, being only a poker player. I was just hoping they might give away some little bonus for first-time card members.

Thanks for the reply - that would be a great deal if I could get it.
-huge
huge is offline  
Old Aug 29, 13, 7:21 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,007
Originally Posted by huge View Post
Yeah, sadly I'm not a VIP on any other gaming program, being only a poker player. I was just hoping they might give away some little bonus for first-time card members.

Thanks for the reply - that would be a great deal if I could get it.
-huge
2 (separate casino) days of 2,500 tier will get you diamond (if you do it now, until March of 2015).

Also, Atlantic City has a 10x multiplier bonus on Thursday, that seems to be running through September (verify to be sure). There might even be some other days where the 10x is applicable.

Considering that Harrah's has full pay (lower denomination) VP, you probably could make diamond, if you are will to put in the time for two days. If you do it on the 10x day, you will get an additional $250 in comps (per day) which you can use or bank for future use. So a 1%'ish house edge game like 9/6 JoB + an extra $500 in comps. (I'm pretty sure they still have 9/6 JoB in $1 denomination at Harrah's AC)

Then, once you get your diamond card, you can go over to Borgata, and match. Getting another $100 in free play + room and other benefits. You "might" even be able to match at Trump Taj, if you haven't ever had a card.

Just a thought.
baccarat_king is offline  
Old Aug 29, 13, 1:34 pm
  #5  
nrr
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,639
Originally Posted by baccarat_king View Post
2 (separate casino) days of 2,500 tier will get you diamond (if you do it now, until March of 2015).

Also, Atlantic City has a 10x multiplier bonus on Thursday, that seems to be running through September (verify to be sure). There might even be some other days where the 10x is applicable.

Considering that Harrah's has full pay (lower denomination) VP, you probably could make diamond, if you are will to put in the time for two days. If you do it on the 10x day, you will get an additional $250 in comps (per day) which you can use or bank for future use. So a 1%'ish house edge game like 9/6 JoB + an extra $500 in comps. (I'm pretty sure they still have 9/6 JoB in $1 denomination at Harrah's AC)

Then, once you get your diamond card, you can go over to Borgata, and match. Getting another $100 in free play + room and other benefits. You "might" even be able to match at Trump Taj, if you haven't ever had a card.

Just a thought.
Harrah's TR system only credits you at half the rate when you play VP. [$10 gets you 1 TC.] Labor Day, 9/2 is a 10x day, but this may be for "invited guests" only.
nrr is offline  
Old Aug 29, 13, 4:23 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,007
Originally Posted by nrr View Post
Harrah's TR system only credits you at half the rate when you play VP. [$10 gets you 1 TC.] Labor Day, 9/2 is a 10x day, but this may be for "invited guests" only.
Yes, but Promotional Reward Credits are calculated from earned Tier Credits only. And, my reference was to earned Tier Credits. (Maximum is 10,000 Tier for these promotions)

Any while it's true that VP is $10 for one Tier Credit, a house edge of 1%+/- is far more valuable than $5 for one Tier Credit (slots) and a house edge of 6% to 12% +/-.
baccarat_king is offline  
Old Sep 2, 13, 3:08 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 708
Originally Posted by baccarat_king View Post
2 (separate casino) days of 2,500 tier will get you diamond (if you do it now, until March of 2015).

Also, Atlantic City has a 10x multiplier bonus on Thursday, that seems to be running through September (verify to be sure). There might even be some other days where the 10x is applicable.

Considering that Harrah's has full pay (lower denomination) VP, you probably could make diamond, if you are will to put in the time for two days. If you do it on the 10x day, you will get an additional $250 in comps (per day) which you can use or bank for future use. So a 1%'ish house edge game like 9/6 JoB + an extra $500 in comps. (I'm pretty sure they still have 9/6 JoB in $1 denomination at Harrah's AC)

Then, once you get your diamond card, you can go over to Borgata, and match. Getting another $100 in free play + room and other benefits. You "might" even be able to match at Trump Taj, if you haven't ever had a card.

Just a thought.

Thanks B_K! I should say "thanks again" ... You've assisted me before in evaluating an attempt at DiaD (I gave it a shot but hit the wrong side of variance and gave up when I got down over $500 in a hurry - sigh. It did yield me some free rooms at the WSOP the following year, so not a total loss).

What you're suggesting is not DiaD (Diamond in a Day), right? It's my vague understanding that DiaD is no more. I also believed (from THIS PAGE) that Diamond wouldn't last as long as you suggest:


"Some additional small print: If you achieve your Diamond status January through November, itís valid through March of the following year. If itís achieved in December, itís valid for the following year through March of the year after."


That would be a deal-breaker for me, as the primary benefit to me of Diamond status would come during the 2014 WSOP.


But really, thanks for all the valuable intel. It's looking a little unlikely that I will attempt a Diamond run this week, but I very well might some future day, and I'm sure I'll be searching for your posts if I do.

-huge
huge is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread