Matching M life Plat to Caesars Diamond?

Old Aug 23, 13, 6:19 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 247
Matching M life Plat to Caesars Diamond?

Anyone have experience matching M Life Plat to Caesars Diamond? Does Caesars/TR offer such matches?
A5Globetrotter is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 6:45 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,009
I haven't seen such an offer in a while. Usually, it occurs in markets such as Atlantic City.

With that being said, it's really easy now to make diamond in one or two days of play at a CZR group property.

Diamond isn't particularly valuable. Everything is based more so off of your theo, so without a good theo; it's just a bit of "line cutting" and diamond lounge access. In the Vegas markets, the diamond lounge experience is very limited (and sub par). In Atlantic City, it's also not so great (but better hours on the weekend); but you are charged per visit until you reach 25K tier.

The only worthwhile benefits (and lounges) in the CZR system are the 7-star lounges. But, 7-star is hardly worth the (stated) benefits.
baccarat_king is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 7:34 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 247
Do you know how you get such offers in Atlantic City? Or the best way to find out about them?
A5Globetrotter is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 9:13 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
Just a bit of line cutting and lounge access? LMAO

I can only speak to Vegas, but that line cutting (cabs, starbucks, restaurants, cashier, clubs and free access for 2 to clubs, which was left out) has been invaluable to me. I also have had many good experiences with the lounges - granted I care more about the quick and voluminous service of premium liquor than the food.

On a couple of busy weekends I recall only being able to use the valet because I was Diamond as well.

To each his own, but Diamond has significant value to me.


Originally Posted by baccarat_king View Post
I haven't seen such an offer in a while. Usually, it occurs in markets such as Atlantic City.

With that being said, it's really easy now to make diamond in one or two days of play at a CZR group property.

Diamond isn't particularly valuable. Everything is based more so off of your theo, so without a good theo; it's just a bit of "line cutting" and diamond lounge access. In the Vegas markets, the diamond lounge experience is very limited (and sub par). In Atlantic City, it's also not so great (but better hours on the weekend); but you are charged per visit until you reach 25K tier.

The only worthwhile benefits (and lounges) in the CZR system are the 7-star lounges. But, 7-star is hardly worth the (stated) benefits.
Rookie3 is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 9:15 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 247
How do you get offers for Caesars status match in LV/AC?
A5Globetrotter is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 9:47 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,009
Originally Posted by Rookie3 View Post
I also have had many good experiences with the lounges - granted I care more about the quick and voluminous service of premium liquor than the food.

To each his own, but Diamond has significant value to me.
What are the current hours of the Diamond Lounges in Vegas? They used to close quite early. Also, are they open for breakfast?

Premium alcohol and food in a Vegas diamond loung? Like what? Has something significantly changed over the past year?

In comparison to other VIP lounge (casino) experiences, I have found the Diamond Lounges (especially in Vegas) to be pretty close to the bottom in amenities and hours. But, I'll stand corrected if that has changed.
baccarat_king is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 9:48 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,009
Originally Posted by A5Globetrotter View Post
How do you get offers for Caesars status match in LV/AC?
AFAIK, there are no offers at the current time.

Just play 5,000 tier in one day, or two days of 2,500 tier, and you will be diamond.
baccarat_king is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 9:52 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,009
per Caesars website,

Diamond Lounge hours in Vegas are :

Hours of Operation:Sunday-Thursday: 4pm-9pm
Friday & Saturday: 12pm-9pm
Hot Hors d’oeuvres served daily from 4pm-6pm
and hot food for TWO HOURS A DAY! YAY!

THIS IS NOT to be considered a "true" premium VIP benefit, by any stretch of the imagination.

9PM? 12noon? So, you can't even have after dinner cocktails, or breakfast. At least, the hours of the lounges in Atlantic City are extended on the weekends (to midnight), and there is hot food all day. But sheesh, 9PM closing time.
baccarat_king is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 9:57 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ORD/MDW
Programs: Air: UA *S, WN CP | Hotels - Gold: Choice, CC, & HH; Hotels - Amb: Marriott
Posts: 2,737
Originally Posted by Rookie3 View Post
Just a bit of line cutting and lounge access? LMAO

I can only speak to Vegas, but that line cutting (cabs, starbucks, restaurants, cashier, clubs and free access for 2 to clubs, which was left out) has been invaluable to me. I also have had many good experiences with the lounges - granted I care more about the quick and voluminous service of premium liquor than the food.

On a couple of busy weekends I recall only being able to use the valet because I was Diamond as well.

To each his own, but Diamond has significant value to me.
Don't forget the (somewhat less publicized) benefit of 2 free show tickets (somewhat limited selection - though I've never had a problem attending a show I enjoy) per month in LV.

Also, the check-in experience as a Diamond at peak times is often expedited since Diamonds can use the VIP check-in at all LV properties (that have them).

Originally Posted by baccarat_king View Post
Diamond isn't particularly valuable. Everything is based more so off of your theo, so without a good theo; it's just a bit of "line cutting" and diamond lounge access. In the Vegas markets, the diamond lounge experience is very limited (and sub par). In Atlantic City, it's also not so great (but better hours on the weekend); but you are charged per visit until you reach 25K tier.

The only worthwhile benefits (and lounges) in the CZR system are the 7-star lounges. But, 7-star is hardly worth the (stated) benefits.
Diamond certainly isn't as valuable 7*; but, saying "Diamond isn't particularly valuable" is a bit misleading - what value it has is relative to attainable alternatives for the players and low-level diamonds are not within striking distance of 7* (or the associated benefits).
FindAWay is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 11:07 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,009
Originally Posted by FindAWay View Post
Diamond certainly isn't as valuable 7*; but, saying "Diamond isn't particularly valuable" is a bit misleading - what value it has is relative to attainable alternatives for the players and low-level diamonds are not within striking distance of 7* (or the associated benefits).
Free rooms : based on theo
Free play : based on theo
Offers (gift cards and otherwise) : based on theo
Free airfare + hotel offers : based on theo
Dining dollars (and perks) : based on theo
Some bonus multipliers : based on theo
Upgrades to suites : based on theo

While perhaps, I was a bit harsh, but being a "low diamond," paying for rooms on weekends in Vegas and getting some "soft" (no cost to CZR) benefits is not huge.

I just hate when people are misled to think that attaining Diamond gets them free rooms, upgrades etc. etc. It ain't like ExPlat on AA or Diamond on Delta. You are just not that special as a CZR Diamond.

That was my only point.

Sorry for being a "bit" harsh.
baccarat_king is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 11:11 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
Originally Posted by baccarat_king View Post
What are the current hours of the Diamond Lounges in Vegas? They used to close quite early. Also, are they open for breakfast?

Premium alcohol and food in a Vegas diamond loung? Like what? Has something significantly changed over the past year?

In comparison to other VIP lounge (casino) experiences, I have found the Diamond Lounges (especially in Vegas) to be pretty close to the bottom in amenities and hours. But, I'll stand corrected if that has changed.
I was not comparing them to other lounge experiences, just noting that I have had good experiences. I believe the hours vary (but fit my schedule). Not sure of exact hours but early afternoon to 9 or 10pm depending on the day (opening earlier and closing later on the weekend). No they are not open for breakfast and the food is not meant to be a meal - moreso appetizers than anything else (although I use the chicken wings at Caesars for a meal regularly and since they put out the hot food at 4pm the line becomes considerable around that time). I would not say that the food is premium but it does serve its purpose.

I could not tell you if anything has changed and you may use premium for liquor differently than me - my reference point is clubs so premium would be not be the highest priced liquor (I assume they are not giving away top of the top in there) - what I have been drinking recently in there goes for $50 a bottle and I can not get it at the tables except when I am in the high limit table area. Good thing they allow 2 to-go cups per person (helps at closing time as well).
Rookie3 is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 11:23 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
Originally Posted by FindAWay View Post
Don't forget the (somewhat less publicized) benefit of 2 free show tickets (somewhat limited selection - though I've never had a problem attending a show I enjoy) per month in LV.

Also, the check-in experience as a Diamond at peak times is often expedited since Diamonds can use the VIP check-in at all LV properties (that have them).



Diamond certainly isn't as valuable 7*; but, saying "Diamond isn't particularly valuable" is a bit misleading - what value it has is relative to attainable alternatives for the players and low-level diamonds are not within striking distance of 7* (or the associated benefits).
Sorry, I left those out as they have not applied to me:

I haven't gone to any of the shows and when I showed some friends the list they decided they'd rather pay to go to a different show.

As for check -in, I'm glad you said "often expedited" because sometimes it takes as long or longer if you use a vip line to check in for some reason. As always YMMV but I purposefully left that one out based on experience (and would leave it out if we were talking about Platinum MLife benefits also).

Last edited by Rookie3; Aug 23, 13 at 11:36 am
Rookie3 is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 12:39 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: STL
Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Posts: 332
I guess I missed the free shows perk. How does that work? Rookie 3 mentioned showing a list of shows to his friends.
Biblioman1 is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 12:58 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 247
I'm a poker player (i.e, not high theo) - just looking to pick up Diamond, regardless of free rooms.

Is there another way to do this (aside from match)?
A5Globetrotter is offline  
Old Aug 23, 13, 1:34 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ORD/MDW
Programs: Air: UA *S, WN CP | Hotels - Gold: Choice, CC, & HH; Hotels - Amb: Marriott
Posts: 2,737
Originally Posted by Biblioman1 View Post
I guess I missed the free shows perk. How does that work? Rookie 3 mentioned showing a list of shows to his friends.
There is a new list every month (it doesn't change much, IIRC) of included shows (while it isn't every show in LV TR casinos, many (most?) are included and available dates also seems like most (if not all?) that aren't sold-out). Stop by any LV TR desk and ask - they'll show you the list and you can reserve 2 tix right then.
FindAWay is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread