New Revel AC bonuses starting in July

Old Jun 21, 13, 6:10 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Posts: 963
New Revel AC bonuses starting in July

Just got a post card from them - they will refund any slot losses between $100-$100,000 in the month of July starting in August. The catch is that the refund is made over 20 weeks, and if you don't go there for any of those weeks you lose that portion.

Sounds like a great deal for local punters... http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...customer-base/

Also- they are matching slot dollar offers for July from other AC Casinos.
brooklynmatt is offline  
Old Jun 25, 13, 1:45 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 306
If you're a weekly gambler then it may be worth it, but this is the type of offer that snares the occasional gambler who thinks they are getting a check with their losses in the mail once they leave, only to read the fine print too late. I would rather an offer where the refund was over monthly periods, not weekly, and I suspect that others would as well.

Revel is more of a resort than a casino. I wasn't particularly impressed with the casino aspect of the hotel, it seems liked they built the place and then remembered that they're a casino and added the slots and tables.
littlemookie is offline  
Old Jun 25, 13, 5:48 am
  #3  
nrr
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,641
Originally Posted by littlemookie View Post
If you're a weekly gambler then it may be worth it, but this is the type of offer that snares the occasional gambler who thinks they are getting a check with their losses in the mail once they leave, only to read the fine print too late. I would rather an offer where the refund was over monthly periods, not weekly, and I suspect that others would as well.

Revel is more of a resort than a casino. I wasn't particularly impressed with the casino aspect of the hotel, it seems liked they built the place and then remembered that they're a casino and added the slots and tables.
Wasn't that how they wanted to be seen from the beginning? (How could they not realize that few people, except gamblers, go to AC in the winter?)
nrr is offline  
Old Jun 26, 13, 7:25 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Programs: DL
Posts: 271
That's exactly what they started out as. When they first opened, there was barely a nod to a "player's club" and the idea of comps. They opened smoke free & catered to a young crowd there to party. Didn't work out too well.

They're now known as Revel-Hotel-Casino.
LOCommish is offline  
Old Jun 27, 13, 8:50 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 306
Originally Posted by nrr View Post
Wasn't that how they wanted to be seen from the beginning? (How could they not realize that few people, except gamblers, go to AC in the winter?)
The place is gorgeous, the location is atrocious. I know that New Jersey is desperate to revive AC and make it into a vacation destination, but I just don't see it happening.

Revel was built as a Vegas style casino, which generates under 50% of revenue from actual gambling. Think of the number of shows and entertainment that Vegas has, and the little that AC offers. That's the key point that the AC marketing team is trying to change, but Revel isn't the answer. Revel needs to get a world class performer to get people in the door and experience Revel once. They are head and shoulders above all the casinos on the east coast with the exception of the Borgata (which is showing its age and needs a renovation), and I can see people moving their play from the other AC casinos if Revel will throw some comps their way. I remember when comps was a dirty word at Revel when they first opened. How times have changed!
littlemookie is offline  
Old Jun 28, 13, 10:05 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,007
Originally Posted by littlemookie View Post
the exception of the Borgata (which is showing its age and needs a renovation)
Borgata just completed a pretty extensive renovation. Lobby area of main tower + all of the rooms in Borgata Tower. (Borgata turns 10 years old this weekend) The Water Club is only a few years old; and perhaps one of my favorite hotels in AC. (I like the pool/spa area @ The Water Club the most, mostly because there are no kids allowed)
baccarat_king is offline  
Old Jun 28, 13, 11:02 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Posts: 963
I'm heading down today, have an Opus suite in the borgata and pool access at the Waterclub- best of both worlds!
brooklynmatt is offline  
Old Jul 10, 13, 9:00 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 306
Originally Posted by baccarat_king View Post
Borgata just completed a pretty extensive renovation. Lobby area of main tower + all of the rooms in Borgata Tower. (Borgata turns 10 years old this weekend) The Water Club is only a few years old; and perhaps one of my favorite hotels in AC. (I like the pool/spa area @ The Water Club the most, mostly because there are no kids allowed)
Apologizes, you are correct. I last stayed there last year prior to the renovations. Can anyone tell me if the Revel rooms are on par with the Water Club?
littlemookie is offline  
Old Jul 10, 13, 9:43 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Posts: 963
Originally Posted by littlemookie View Post
Apologizes, you are correct. I last stayed there last year prior to the renovations. Can anyone tell me if the Revel rooms are on par with the Water Club?
Yep, revel rooms are nice, equal to or better than Water Club IMO.
brooklynmatt is offline  
Old Jul 10, 13, 10:16 pm
  #10  
nrr
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,641
Except for the Vista rooms in the Water Club, the other (regular) rooms were smaller than the rooms in the Main building; though the bathrooms in WC are more upscale than Borgata's Main building. But now that they did a complete makeover of the Main bldg.'s rooms, the WC (even Vistas) rooms are not as attractive as before.
nrr is offline  
Old Jul 12, 13, 8:59 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,007
Originally Posted by littlemookie View Post
Apologizes, you are correct. I last stayed there last year prior to the renovations. Can anyone tell me if the Revel rooms are on par with the Water Club?
Revel has the best standard rooms in Atlantic City. Also, of note, is the room technology (that is in all rooms and suites) that allows for climate control and lights from the remote (and blinds/shades in the suites).
baccarat_king is offline  
Old Jul 12, 13, 8:01 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Posts: 963
Originally Posted by baccarat_king View Post
Revel has the best standard rooms in Atlantic City. Also, of note, is the room technology (that is in all rooms and suites) that allows for climate control and lights from the remote (and blinds/shades in the suites).
Yeah - there was that mini tablet by the bed - cisco or something? Nice touch!

Amada tasting menu was one of the best meals I have had too!
brooklynmatt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread