Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Harrah's Great Race 2012 starts 7/1/2012

Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton

Harrah's just announced this years promotion. Start's 7/1 and ends 10/1. Check Harrah's TR for all the rules and regulations. But what's listed below is what can be earned. I will say I liked last years better and 2010 the best.

Receive 6 to 7 CheckPoints and receive 10,000 Reward Credits
Receive 8 to 10 CheckPoints and receive 25,000 Rewards Credits
Receive11 to 14 CheckPoints and receive 50,000 Reward Credits
Receive 15+ CheckPoints and receive 75,000 Rewards Credits
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:41 pm

The biggest negative this year is that many areas have been combined. I went to Reno, Tahoe, Vegas, Laughlin, Phoenix Ak Chin, and San Diego Rincon last year for six visits, which earned the top level of 60K.

This year, that same trip counts for three visits and six checkpoints, earning only the lowest (10K) level.

You also have to earn 25 reward credits at a single property, rather than just 1.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by alanh
The biggest negative this year is that many areas have been combined. I went to Reno, Tahoe, Vegas, Laughlin, Phoenix Ak Chin, and San Diego Rincon last year for six visits, which earned the top level of 60K.

This year, that same trip counts for three visits and six checkpoints, earning only the lowest (10K) level.

You also have to earn 25 reward credits at a single property, rather than just 1.
All true, it seems they make it harder each year?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
I don't even have the desire to participate in this one. Last year's was great...I tried Harrah's Rincon for the first time because of it and went back again this year. But this promo just isn't worth the effort.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:25 am

Anyone interested in swapping cards. I have Phoenix, Laughlin, Vegas and Possibly San Diego for the right trade off.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:28 pm

I can get to 7 pretty easy, but after that it would take some extra trips. Not sure it is worth going beyond 6, but we shall see. Having a 100 in comps for both me and my wife would be a nice offset to the cost of a room
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:28 pm

I can do Chester and Atlantic City for a total of 4 points. I have up to three cards for trade.

Already PM'd the above. PM me if you are interested!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:30 am

Atlantic City
Caesars - No ID needed but they have the machines next to VIP check in for swiping. Had to ask a few people before finally finding it. Easy enough though.

Philadelphia
Machine was on the 3rd floor near the elevators and Liberty Bell. Simple swipe, no ID.

Las Vegas (Rio)
The swipe machine was at the TR desk, they were busy as usual so they didn't request any ID, YMMV. You could swipe it yourself however the desk person has to reach over and click the mouse to allow the next person to swipe. Not efficient but it works.

Last edited by ross123; Aug 6, 2012 at 4:36 pm Reason: updated to add rio
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Mlife Gold
AC Local

Can do AC and Chester/Philadelphia (for a total of four points any time). Should also be going to Tunica and Vegas before the promotion is over (For another 6 points). I don't have dates for that yet. PM me if you are interested in trading. I have two cards - one of which is diamond so you can get free parking, etc out of the deal.

I am looking specifically for:
Louisiana (not New Orleans)
Tunica
Arizona/San Diego
Cleveland
Canada
Kansas City
Iowa
Metropolis, IL
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
So Harrahs...

Why do I get my first email notification about this promotion on July 13th?

Are you sharing UA's IT department?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
and how much longer is St. Louis going to be in the Harrah's system?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Cleveland and windsor

Anyone know if they have kiosks there to swipe the cards or do you have to go to the TR desk?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 4:41 pm

At Planet Hollywood in Vegas

You had to go to the Total Rewards desk and show ID as well as your TR card and they "swiped" it for you. There were no kiosks to use.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Anyone know if they have kiosks there to swipe the cards or do you have to go to the TR desk?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:10 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
[QUOTE=ross123;18879585]Atlantic City
Caesars - No ID needed but they have the machines next to VIP check in for swiping. Had to ask a few people before finally finding it. Easy enough though./QUOTE]

Right behind the diamond total rewards line at Caesars AC, is a special check-in machine for this promo.

Correction: the machine I mentioned above, is for a different promo.

Last edited by nrr; Jul 23, 2012 at 7:31 pm
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:48 am

Hello,

PM me if anyone needs San Diego.

Las Vegas Laughlin also available (but I know people like to make that trip from wherever they are).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.