FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Loyalty Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs-651/)
-   -   Vegas player clubs for non-gambler? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs/1356640-vegas-player-clubs-non-gambler.html)

Altoid Jun 14, 2012 8:36 am

Vegas player clubs for non-gambler?

I'll start off by saying I'm not really a gambler. I go to Vegas for food, clubs, and just to relax at the pool. I sometimes go to shows and wander for fun. I don't mind gambling but it really isn't a priority.

That said I never really looked into player clubs because, I wasn't a gambler. A friend of mine told me hotel and food count so I looked into it a bit more. I live in LA so I'm out there maybe once every 6 weeks I'd say on average over a year.

What I'm mostly looking for are the following: Better deals on rooms/comped rooms, invited guest check-in/late check out, any help with clubs (I mostly have that covered but another option is always nice) and dining credits.

I mostly frequent Marquee/Tao and sometimes surrender and others. So I was in vegas last weekend with a bunch of friends and had two rooms at the palazzo booked already. And on my friends advice I registered for Grazie and am over halfway to gold just off the hotel costs. I didn’t gamble. The only reason I would consider grazie is for “TAO Beach - Line pass and complimentary entry for member and guest “don’t know how useful that is with the * next to it.

I can normally get into TAO beach fairly cheap/free with equal ratio. But the invite guest check in and shuttle two and from airport (I mostly drive) are nice benefits, as well as the lounge access. But I hear they don’t really make deals on rooms?

Normally I don't really stay at the Palazzo. I really like the rooms but, I would rather get a cheaper room elsewhere and just pay for the club rather than having to spend way more on a room and getting a possible discount on club that I could possibly get myself staying elsewhere. I’m not that big on having an amazing room. I don’t mind something nice but I’m never in my room anyway in Vegas. I’d rather spend my money on club/food/drink.

Well that pretty much explains my position, are there any clubs that fit me better? TR/Mlife/etc?
One other question, if I’m dining at a hotel I’m not staying at and isn’t part of the same players club can I still get credit for it somehow? It doesn’t seem so. And are there any credit cards that help with status in Grazie/TR/Mlife/other?

CreditRocks Jun 14, 2012 3:56 pm

I think a lot of it has to do with the host at the hotel. As for me, the host at the Cosmo has been great for the most part. Responds to emails, we catch up when I go, and she comps me decently.

If you like Marquee, I know that you get $5 back for every $100 purchased. So it's essentially 5% off (i know that for a fact on rooms and restaurants). Look into Identity. Many people don't like it, but for what I do (get discounts to hotels, use the points to pay for Marquee, etc), it's perfect. Plus, the pools there are nice :)

Altoid Jun 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by CreditRocks (Post 18757968)
I think a lot of it has to do with the host at the hotel. As for me, the host at the Cosmo has been great for the most part. Responds to emails, we catch up when I go, and she comps me decently.

If you like Marquee, I know that you get $5 back for every $100 purchased. So it's essentially 5% off (i know that for a fact on rooms and restaurants). Look into Identity. Many people don't like it, but for what I do (get discounts to hotels, use the points to pay for Marquee, etc), it's perfect. Plus, the pools there are nice :)

Wow, didn't think about that, is there any way to get that 5% back if I am not a guest? Is it only by way of charging to my room? What about buying tickets online? Drinks inside? Etc?

delro Jun 18, 2012 3:15 am

Cosmo has always been good with crediting Identity card points if you bring your receipts from Marquee or any other place in Cosmo to the Identity desk even if you're not staying there that trip. It can be hit or miss with other properties loyalty programs, but most should also be able to do the same if you ask nicely.

gengar Jun 19, 2012 1:45 am

You can also just show your Identity card whenever making a purchase - don't need to be a guest.

Altoid Jun 20, 2012 8:15 am

Originally Posted by delro (Post 18774623)
Cosmo has always been good with crediting Identity card points if you bring your receipts from Marquee or any other place in Cosmo to the Identity desk even if you're not staying there that trip. It can be hit or miss with other properties loyalty programs, but most should also be able to do the same if you ask nicely.

Interesting I may have to try this at Cosmo and other properties. I'd like to see if the I can work towards status and see if I start getting offers for discounts or comps even though I don't really gamble. Hopefully that's possible just based on pure spend.

Originally Posted by gengar (Post 18780767)
You can also just show your Identity card whenever making a purchase - don't need to be a guest.

Really? That would make things much easier but I'll give it a try next time I'm out there.

gkbiiii Jul 8, 2012 11:31 am

Under the new 2012 Total Rewards you getpoints for all money spent at Harrah's prperties and through their Total Rewards Marketplace, which includeds points for flights on JetBlue and Virgin.