harrahs 5x tier score promo

Old May 10, 12, 3:19 pm
  #1  
nrr
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,639
harrahs 5x tier score promo

I received a mailing from harrahs, which I think is targeted for 7* players and applies only in ac: on Thurs, Sat, Sun and Mon for May they will multiply your tier score by 5x--this sounded terrific, I could re-certify for 7* much faster.
On questioning the people at the "total rewards desk". it doesn't mean what it says; they will multiply by 5x, but it only increases your rewards credits not your (base) tier score.
This promo is poorly worded and very misleading.
nrr is offline  
Old May 10, 12, 6:19 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 201
I am diamond -- not 7* -- and I got this same offer.

I see what you're saying, but I think this offer is clear enough. It says at the very top of my card:

EARN COMPS AND SLOT PLAY FASTER <bold text mine>

Then the fine print states, "Promotional Reward Credits are calculated from earned Tier Credits only, [and] are not applied to your Tier Score...."

More generally, these credit multiplier offers from CET come around quite frequently, but they never apply to your tier score.
MrColdShower is offline  
Old May 10, 12, 7:26 pm
  #3  
nrr
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,639
Originally Posted by MrColdShower View Post
I am diamond -- not 7* -- and I got this same offer.

I see what you're saying, but I think this offer is clear enough. It says at the very top of my card:

EARN COMPS AND SLOT PLAY FASTER <bold text mine>

Then the fine print states, "Promotional Reward Credits are calculated from earned Tier Credits only, [and] are not applied to your Tier Score...."

More generally, these credit multiplier offers from CET come around quite frequently, but they never apply to your tier score.
I thought that this offer was the exception.
I thought the reference to slot play referred to the new option of converting rewards credits to slot dollars on a 2:1 basis (on some days in some casinos a better ratio.)
PS: When I look at my acct online the 5x offer has SEV associated with it, hence I thought this was for 7* only.
Harrahs and Caesars in AC, generally have multiplier days on Fri and/or Sun.
nrr is offline  
Old May 10, 12, 8:00 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 201
Actually, I just double-checked, and I see mine is for 4X, not 5X. So maybe the multiplier is based on your status level. Could also be the phase of the moon with these guys -- who knows?
MrColdShower is offline  
Old May 11, 12, 2:05 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,007
Originally Posted by nrr View Post
I received a mailing from harrahs, which I think is targeted for 7* players and applies only in ac: on Thurs, Sat, Sun and Mon for May they will multiply your tier score by 5x--this sounded terrific, I could re-certify for 7* much faster.
On questioning the people at the "total rewards desk". it doesn't mean what it says; they will multiply by 5x, but it only increases your rewards credits not your (base) tier score.
This promo is poorly worded and very misleading.
It's been this way for years. FWIW I only bite on 10X+ multipliers. My preference is 15X.
baccarat_king is offline  
Old May 14, 12, 8:21 am
  #6  
nrr
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,639
Originally Posted by baccarat_king View Post
It's been this way for years. FWIW I only bite on 10X+ multipliers. My preference is 15X.
In AC, they used to have "mystery" multiplier days (3x, 4x,..., 50x). I once got 15x. Several years ago, they allowed diamond players, to convert their comp dollars to real cash on 1:1 basis. So if you saved up (even small multipliers) for that special conversion period--it was a good deal.
nrr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread