Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Easiest Way to Get Comped Rooms in Atlantic City?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Which poker room in AC right now is it easiest to get comped rooms?

I use to get comped rooms back few years ago at the Taj and Caesars AC but this occurred when I played $25 Blackjack minimum. Most of the time I just bet $25 but I played a lot and also lost a good amount as well.

Someone mentioned Harrahs is very easy to get comps even if you play something as simple as 1/2NL. Is this true? What I find confusing about this is since Harrahs is under the same brand as ShowBoat, Ballys and Caesars, wouldn't playing at Harrahs poker room be the same as the other 3 rooms?

When I was in Las Vegas, I did play table games and lost a good amount. As that happened, my total rewards card showed I had lot of comped rooms in Las Vegas obviously inviting me to come and stay which I will. However, I have zero comps with my total reward card for Atlantic City. Can someone explain this?

I know the Taj offered 2 comped rooms a week for me back then. Is that still the case for you guys who get comped rooms? I don't care for fridays/saturdays since I know its very hard to get those rooms. I just want the standard Sunday-Thursday but don't get it much anymore. And if I'm not mistaken, when I got a comped room at Caesars or ShowBoat, it was once a week from the top of my memory. Can someone here confirm if you get comped rooms only get 1 room a week?

Does anyone also know about borgata? I read its 2 comped rooms a week if you play enough? In terms of poker, would 1/2NL be sufficient or does it have to be 2/5NL? What about limit? And if 1/2NL is sufficient, how many hours would you say it would take for a person to get comped rooms? Would doing say 7 hours a day for 2 days in a row be enough? To those who get comped rooms at Borgata, how many hours of poker play did it take to get rooms? And if so, how long do these offers take to show up? I read some say it takes weeks? The funny thing is when i got room offers at the Taj and from Caesars/Showboat, this was probably a few days after I lost a good amount. Is it weeks now then? Or is it possible to get it within a few days after logging lot of hours?

I also though about playing $25 Blackjack at the tables and doing it so I can get comped rooms, but this would be not smart as the longer you stay, the more you would lose. So even when I did have comped rooms, I already paid them with my losses. Just wondering which poker room in AC is good for getting comped rooms.

I also don't plan to play any slots/video poker nor table games. Is it possible to get comped rooms just for poker? I heard borgata and harrahs was very easy but again I thought something didn't sound right as harrahs is same as caesars, showboat and ballys. Would someone like to explain this.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:04 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Rocky2
I just want the standard Sunday-Thursday but don't get it much anymore. And if I'm not mistaken, when I got a comped room at Caesars or ShowBoat, it was once a week from the top of my memory. Can someone here confirm if you get comped rooms only get 1 room a week
I'm going to assume you are aware that Sunday-Thursday (midweek) rooms are quite inexpensive in Atlantic City. For example Mon/Tue/Wed next week at Harrah's is $45/nt, Showboat is $39/nt (I've seen them as low as $29/nt).

With that being said, it's probably not a big deal to get comp rooms (at the slightly lesser) properties, for poker players. I don't follow the AC poker scene, but most of the poker rooms will gladly give you their guidelines for comp rooms (for poker players).

Regarding CET, and free rooms, once you qualify for room offers you can get 3-4 comp nights per week; but there needs to be a break of 3 days between each reservation. So, this might mean, that depending on the specific days, you can only redeem free rooms every two weeks (or so).

Now, for play, tables is the most difficult way to go with regard to getting free rooms. Video poker would be a better play, though there is less and less full pay VP; and the full pay tends to lead to less generous offers. In any case, for midweek rooms for table play or machines, I'd say 500 tier (base points) should do it.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Anyone else?

Yes i know about that harrahs thing when you book a harrahs property but cant book another reservation in like anotehr week or so.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I'm pretty sure baccarat_king nailed it on the head.

Also, you will not be able to get rooms at the Borgata solely on poker. Or at least it's very hard to. Borgata also has become pretty stingy in terms of giving out comped rooms whatsoever.

When I was in Las Vegas, I did play table games and lost a good amount. As that happened, my total rewards card showed I had lot of comped rooms in Las Vegas obviously inviting me to come and stay which I will. However, I have zero comps with my total reward card for Atlantic City. Can someone explain this?
If you are not active on the Total Rewards card 6 months from the last time you used it, you lose all your comps, period.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I'm pretty sure baccarat_king nailed it on the head.

Also, you will not be able to get rooms at the Borgata solely on poker. Or at least it's very hard to. Borgata also has become pretty stingy in terms of giving out comped rooms whatsoever.
I can only speak to what I have experience with; and over the past six months Borgata has become my main property in AC.

With that being said, playing craps for 4-6 hours with a strong $100s average bet will get you Sunday to Friday nights (i.e. all night except Saturday night) comp'ed in the Borgata Main Tower (sometimes Water Club). Saturday nights will run you $119 to $239. (this will also get you match-plays monthly, free comedy show, and some bonus comp dollars every month)

When I throw in some strong baccarat ($250 to $400 average), I can also get the Saturday night comp'ed. But, personally, I rather just pay the $119; and use comp $'s (or have a host comp it after the fact), then step up my betting level just to have the luxury of booking comp'ed Saturday nights in advance.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I can only speak to what I have experience with; and over the past six months Borgata has become my main property in AC.

With that being said, playing craps for 4-6 hours with a strong $100s average bet will get you Sunday to Friday nights (i.e. all night except Saturday night) comp'ed in the Borgata Main Tower (sometimes Water Club). Saturday nights will run you $119 to $239. (this will also get you match-plays monthly, free comedy show, and some bonus comp dollars every month)

When I throw in some strong baccarat ($250 to $400 average), I can also get the Saturday night comp'ed. But, personally, I rather just pay the $119; and use comp $'s (or have a host comp it after the fact), then step up my betting level just to have the luxury of booking comp'ed Saturday nights in advance.
My dilemma is this: I bet $75 minimum blackjack (incremental bets up to $150) at a $50 min table and can do that for about 10 hrs each trip. I have found, however, that playing $1-2 NL Texas hold'em poker actually HURTS what I can receive in terms of comps/rooms. I only do the $1-2 because if you catch cards, it's a goldmine. At the Borgata, any given night it is possible to sit at a table where there are 9 suckers (anybody get the movie ref?). For me though, a mid Black Label guy, I can't get past Wednesday comped for the main tower (I can NEVER get Water Club). I used to get up to Friday main tower comped with this play.

At CET properties, this isn't the case. In fact, I can bet $50 minimum for the same time each trip and I can consistently get Bayview comped, on off-peak days they will give me Waterfront at Harrah's Resort. My $1-2 NL doesn't hurt my comps in anyway either.

Hence why Borgata has me running around in circles and frustrated.

Hey baccarat_king, are they inviting you to be a Titanium member any time soon?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
baccarrat king.....can you please elaborate on what you mean by strong 100's avg bet at craps

is that $100 line bet plus odds?
or smaller line bet including odds?
or total on the table including line, place, props, odds, etc.? (i know many/most places don't give credit for odds bets)

just trying to get a sense of the kind of craps action needed to get midweek room comps at Borgata

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
My dilemma is this: I bet $75 minimum blackjack (incremental bets up to $150) at a $50 min table and can do that for about 10 hrs each trip. I have found, however, that playing $1-2 NL Texas hold'em poker actually HURTS what I can receive in terms of comps/rooms. I only do the $1-2 because if you catch cards, it's a goldmine. At the Borgata, any given night it is possible to sit at a table where there are 9 suckers (anybody get the movie ref?). For me though, a mid Black Label guy, I can't get past Wednesday comped for the main tower (I can NEVER get Water Club). I used to get up to Friday main tower comped with this play.

At CET properties, this isn't the case. In fact, I can bet $50 minimum for the same time each trip and I can consistently get Bayview comped, on off-peak days they will give me Waterfront at Harrah's Resort. My $1-2 NL doesn't hurt my comps in anyway either.

Hence why Borgata has me running around in circles and frustrated.

Hey baccarat_king, are they inviting you to be a Titanium member any time soon?
Nope. I am very happy as a black card; and quite frankly the table action required for Titanium is seriously *crazy*. I like to bet the 'least amount' for the most benefit. And, if an average of $150 will get me everything I want; but I have to occasionally pay $99-$139 in advance for a Saturday night, I much rather do that then up my average to $300 to $500 average bet.

Originally Posted by yojimbo
baccarrat king.....can you please elaborate on what you mean by strong 100's avg bet at craps

is that $100 line bet plus odds?
or smaller line bet including odds?
or total on the table including line, place, props, odds, etc.? (i know many/most places don't give credit for odds bets)

just trying to get a sense of the kind of craps action needed to get midweek room comps at Borgata
$125 (or so) action NOT including odds. $10/$25 line + $30 6, $30 8 etc. etc.
I usually do a line BET + max odds. 1 come bet (max odds) + always up on the 6 and 8 (as a place) for at least $30 (with a pay, then press, pay, then press kind of routine -- sometimes a bit modified depending on which number comes out for the come-bet). Also, sometimes buy a 4 & 10 for $35 ($1 commish). Hardly any props (center action).

My average gets up there, since I tend to press the 6's and 8's (when placed). Also, Borgata tends to be very fair with their ratings. It's not unusual for me to get a 6 or 8 above $100 a number of times in a session; of course, YMMV.

My sessions are always 2-6 hours.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
BK...many thanks for the info.

btw, my craps action is a bit bit less than yours, and I have had some limited success with midweek room offers at Borgata.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Nope. I am very happy as a black card; and quite frankly the table action required for Titanium is seriously *crazy*.

Crazy is quite the understatement, in terms of Borgata.

Oh yeah not to get too off topic but I was fooling around at the $5 and $10 minimum Blackjack tables near Amphora. I didn't know that they could restrict you to playing one hand at a time (at those tables only)! WTH. For me I'm usually doing 2 hands minimum. I thought that was wild.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:33 pm

Which poker room in AC right now is it easiest to get comped rooms?

I use to get comped rooms back few years ago at the Taj and Caesars AC but this occurred when I played $25 Blackjack minimum. Most of the time I just bet $25 but I played a lot and also lost a good amount as well.

Someone mentioned Harrahs is very easy to get comps even if you play something as simple as 1/2NL. Is this true? What I find confusing about this is since Harrahs is under the same brand as ShowBoat, Ballys and Caesars, wouldn't playing at Harrahs poker room be the same as the other 3 rooms?

I know the Taj offered 2 comped rooms a week for me back then. Is that still the case for you guys who get comped rooms? I don't care for fridays/saturdays since I know its very hard to get those rooms. I just want the standard Sunday-Thursday but don't get it much anymore. And if I'm not mistaken, when I got a comped room at Caesars or ShowBoat, it was once a week from the top of my memory. Can someone here confirm if you get comped rooms only get 1 room a week?

Does anyone also know about borgata? I read its 2 comped rooms a week if you play enough? In terms of poker, would 1/2NL be sufficient or does it have to be 2/5NL? What about limit? And if 1/2NL is sufficient, how many hours would you say it would take for a person to get comped rooms? Would doing say 7 hours a day for 2 days in a row be enough? To those who get comped rooms at Borgata, how many hours of poker play did it take to get rooms? And if so, how long do these offers take to show up? I read some say it takes weeks? The funny thing is when i got room offers at the Taj and from Caesars/Showboat, this was probably a few days after I lost a good amount. Is it weeks now then? Or is it possible to get it within a few days after logging lot of hours?

I also though about playing $25 Blackjack at the tables and doing it so I can get comped rooms, but this would be not smart as the longer you stay, the more you would lose. So even when I did have comped rooms, I already paid them with my losses. Just wondering which poker room in AC is good for getting comped rooms.

I also don't plan to play any slots/video poker nor table games. Is it possible to get comped rooms just for poker? I heard borgata and harrahs was very easy but again I thought something didn't sound right as harrahs is same as caesars, showboat and ballys. Would someone like to explain this.

Thanks for your help.
My experience with harrahs is that you do much better calling them than if you just use on line offers. I play slots but i am far from a high roller and I have always done better on the phone with them.
Borgata, well, I have no idea about how it works. doesn't hurt to ask

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.