M-life tier credits reduced

Old Oct 6, 11, 4:28 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IL
Programs: UA Plat, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Posts: 956
M-life tier credits reduced

About a week after my last trip, my tier credits balance was suddenly reduced by a few thousand.

Has anyone else had this happen ? I thought tier credits ere only supposed to go up, not down....

D.
dand99 is offline  
Old Oct 6, 11, 6:51 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: PHX
Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
Posts: 337
Originally Posted by dand99 View Post
About a week after my last trip, my tier credits balance was suddenly reduced by a few thousand.

Has anyone else had this happen ? I thought tier credits ere only supposed to go up, not down....

D.
My understanding of tier credits is they are only on your account for one year. Perhaps, did you pass the one year period since a previous visit?
LMB01 is offline  
Old Oct 7, 11, 12:59 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TPE LAS LHR
Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Posts: 4,829
Originally Posted by dand99 View Post
I thought tier credits ere only supposed to go up, not down....
As LMB01 mentioned, tier credits expire one year after they're earned - so essentially, your current tier credits reflect only what has been earned during the last year. So your tier credits certainly can go down.
gengar is online now  
Old Oct 7, 11, 1:25 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IL
Programs: UA Plat, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Posts: 956
Is that a calendar year, or 12 months ?
If it's 12 months, then does that mean that every single session has a 12-month lifetime and the TC will gradually reduce to zero ?

Originally Posted by gengar View Post
As LMB01 mentioned, tier credits expire one year after they're earned - so essentially, your current tier credits reflect only what has been earned during the last year. So your tier credits certainly can go down.
dand99 is offline  
Old Oct 7, 11, 1:47 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TPE LAS LHR
Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Posts: 4,829
Originally Posted by dand99 View Post
Is that a calendar year, or 12 months ?
If it's 12 months, then does that mean that every single session has a 12-month lifetime and the TC will gradually reduce to zero ?
It's a rolling period covering the last year (so what I assume you mean by "12 months"), not a calendar year. So yes, if an mlife member does not continue to gamble, then the member's tier credits will reduce to zero.
gengar is online now  
Old Oct 8, 11, 5:01 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: PHX
Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
Posts: 337
Yes, it is a rolling 12 months. So as the calendar rolls through Oct 2011, any points earned from stays in Oct 2010 will fall off throughout the month.
LMB01 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread