Frontier an utter mess today

Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Frontier an utter mess today

All my future flights were rescheduled so clearly culling their flights in May which is fine, I know this happens. However, their system is giving me alternative flights which don't exist and are TERRIBLE options. When I have a flight at 8pm it doesn't mean I want a 6am flight instead. And who wants to fly at 1:30am and arrive at 4am? They won't let me change to better options so I canceled and asked for a refund. All fine and has happened before but I go back in trying to rebook onto better time options I think they should have available. It shows those options and I try to book them and it just kicks me out of the system. I can't book anything right now. Then tried to book it on my company portal, something I try not to do but it too says available, portal tells me I should buy it because it matches price policy and it just hangs in the system and won't confirm. What an utter mess they have going on now. I know quite well what I'm getting into using them but for the uninitiated I can't suggest them for flights more than a month out because the chances of them doing this is so high. You might think you have a good fare for a route and then have it canceled or changed to awful times, forcing you to pay hundreds more on another airline. Weirdly this makes them better for business than leisure travel.
alchemista likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Is it true that they charge extra for paragraphs too?
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by Marschel
Is it true that they charge extra for paragraphs too?
Everyone knows the grammar guy is the most popular guy at the party.

To the OP's concern, it's better either for business or very flexible leisure. I never book flights on F9 that I have to be somewhere within 12 hours of my scheduled arrival, just in case. I know not everyone has that flexibility, though.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Here's a story about a commercial aircraft hitting a cow! A real udder mess.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/trave...cow/index.html
Old Mar 17, 2023, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Please post a reformatted version of it. Thanks in advance
Old Mar 18, 2023, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by willy702
All my future flights were rescheduled so clearly culling their flights in May which is fine, I know this happens. However, their system is giving me alternative flights which don't exist and are TERRIBLE options. When I have a flight at 8pm it doesn't mean I want a 6am flight instead. And who wants to fly at 1:30am and arrive at 4am? They won't let me change to better options so I canceled and asked for a refund. All fine and has happened before but I go back in trying to rebook onto better time options I think they should have available. It shows those options and I try to book them and it just kicks me out of the system. I can't book anything right now. Then tried to book it on my company portal, something I try not to do but it too says available, portal tells me I should buy it because it matches price policy and it just hangs in the system and won't confirm. What an utter mess they have going on now. I know quite well what I'm getting into using them but for the uninitiated I can't suggest them for flights more than a month out because the chances of them doing this is so high. You might think you have a good fare for a route and then have it canceled or changed to awful times, forcing you to pay hundreds more on another airline. Weirdly this makes them better for business than leisure travel.
Wow, so it wasn't just me - thanks for posting. Both of my May flights had this happen. I had nice afternoon / early evening times and now they want me to pick 6am flights.

Did you try contacting Frontier to see if they would be more flexible with changes? I'm about to try that because I just can't make the 6am flight on one leg.

I've noticed Frontier takes this attitude of take it or have your money back, and they don't care to even offer any flexibility. I had a Costa Rica flight, with 1 flight per week, canceled and their options were "you can fly next week or have your money back, nothing else" as if people can just change their foreign vacation on the day they were supposed to leave.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alchemista
Wow, so it wasn't just me - thanks for posting. Both of my May flights had this happen. I had nice afternoon / early evening times and now they want me to pick 6am flights.

Did you try contacting Frontier to see if they would be more flexible with changes? I'm about to try that because I just can't make the 6am flight on one leg.

I've noticed Frontier takes this attitude of take it or have your money back, and they don't care to even offer any flexibility. I had a Costa Rica flight, with 1 flight per week, canceled and their options were "you can fly next week or have your money back, nothing else" as if people can just change their foreign vacation on the day they were supposed to leave.
The customer service is mostly out of the Philippines so the agents really have a different world view. Nice people but they have no concept of our travel or lifestyles over here. Really sucks when they ruin your vacation like that but at least they tend to give you 6-8 weeks to find alternatives.

I already got my refund and rebooked on another airline since that was a business trip that got wrecked by the schedule. I wouldn't even bother trying to change it unless the option they give you meets your needs, just be more inclined to ask for the refund. In other words don't take that 6am flight offer and then try to change it to 12pm because they could easily say you agreed to 6am so no changes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.