Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more phone customer service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2022, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
No more phone customer service

Apparently Frontier will no longer offer customer service by phone. I am not sure that this will make a real difference given the quality of that support in the past.

https://viewfromthewing.com/frontier...tomer-service/
Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: Discount Den and Delta Miles
MY flight was cancelled due to weather a few weeks ago and when I called Frontier customer service, the message said that they won't take calls past 8 p.m. The online assistance did not respond to my last inquiry about the 2X milage status. The only thing that Frontier seems to respond to is an FAA complaint.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:36 am

damn, it's not good 😕.. all my previous issues / requests to getting the Works added to the tickets purch at airports were accommodated by the phone agents; the chat or online agents refused to add the Works while only offering the bags & seats addition
italdesign likes this.

Last edited by danhouston; Nov 24, 2022 at 10:45 am
Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:44 am

It seems that Frontier is in a race to the bottom with itself.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cbrosius
MY flight was cancelled due to weather a few weeks ago and when I called Frontier customer service, the message said that they won't take calls past 8 p.m. The online assistance did not respond to my last inquiry about the 2X milage status. The only thing that Frontier seems to respond to is an FAA complaint.
This certainly seems like it could be a significant problem if your flight gets cancelled. Does Frontier at least send you an email with options (which, hopefully, are complete options)?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 4:06 am

The email that cancelled the flight about 30 hours before departure ( due to the Hurricane IAN in Florida) gave me the option to seek a refund or a credit. I rebooked for the following week, paid $91 as opposed to the original ticket which was $75, unknowingly was now eligible for the milage multiplier, and got earlier flights in the front row also, so it worked out ok.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 12:14 pm
Original Member

I've been on "chat hold" for 20+ minutes trying to cancel/refund an Elite 100k ticket with The Works (if you do it yourself on the website, you agree to a flight credit), so I'm trolling on FT to pass the time. Oops, the site just timed me out because of the wait. This could take a while, so I'm going to include the chat in this post:

--- Actual chat transcript below ---

[T+0 min]: "Thanks! Let me get someone. I'll pass your information along to them and they'll join the chat as soon as possible.
Your message is next in line, but as we're experiencing longer than normal wait times, there may be a bit of a wait. Thank you for your patience, an agent will be with you as soon as possible"
[T+30]: "Hello! My name is Fernando! I understand that you are contacting us regarding a voluntary cancellation. Am I right?"
[T+30] Me: "Yes, I would like to cancel and receive a full refund to my credit card as an Elite 100K."
[T+40] Me: "hello?"
[T+45] Me: "Are you there, Fernando?"
[T+50} ***opened 2nd chat below***
[T+55]: "Hello Tino! Thank you for contacting us at Frontier Airlines my name is Raquel.
I will be happy to help you with the information you are looking for.
How can I assist you today?"
[T+55] Me: "Yes, I would like to cancel and receive a full refund to my credit card as an Elite 100K."
[T+57] Me: "hello?"
[T+60] Me: "Are you there, Raquel?"
[T+62] Me: "Can I cancel my flight?"
[T+70] "Yes, Tino, I am still here! I need to remind you that the elite status does not include the refund benefit for more information you can click here: https://www.flyfrontier.com/myfrontier/frontier-miles/elite-status"
[T+70] Me: "As an elite 100K, my ticket automatically came with The Works bundle, which means I can refund the ticket. From your website: 100% REFUNDABILITY* Things happen - have the ability to refund your flight! With the WORKS bundle you can refund your booking with no cancellation fees*. EXCLUSIVE only to the WORKS!"
[T+80] Me: "hello?"
[T+85] Me: "Can I get my refund on my The Works ticket?"

[no response]

--- opened 2nd window in a different browser at T+50 min ---

[T+50 min]: "Thanks! Let me get someone. I'll pass your information along to them and they'll join the chat as soon as possible.
Your message is next in line, but as we're experiencing longer than normal wait times, there may be a bit of a wait. Thank you for your patience, an agent will be with you as soon as possible"
[T+80]; "Hi there! This is Zalsebar from Frontier Airlines. Let me check your concern here real quick. Give me a moment, please."
[T+80] Me: "I purchased The Works with the ticket and would like to refund it to my credit card."
[T+90]: "Thank you for your patience. You are contacting us regarding canceling your flight. I’ll be more than happy to assist you… I need more time to process your request or review your reservation. Please give me a moment."
[T+95]: "Please bare with me."
[T+105]: "I successfully canceled your flight and process the refund.
The refund amount is $262.84. It will take up to 7 business days to process your refund request to your Original Form of Payment along with an email. Your bank may take additional days to post the funds to your bank account after our process is complete.
Is there anything else for today?"
[T+105] Me: "Thank you very much. Have a great holiday!"

Victory! I hope?

[followup: the refund was credited on my CC within 24 hours]

Last edited by Tino; Nov 29, 2022 at 11:09 am
Old Nov 25, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
You can fill out refund request form online. No need to use chat. I find it easier and faster. Plus you get email with incident # you can refer to if refund doesn't process.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 3:18 pm

Did it work? My chat person said they would refund our tickets after the airline changed our itinerary to times that would not work for us. But the next day, they sent a new notice that it was auto-credited and must be used by February. They won't give us our chat transcript or review the old chat. Super annoying.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by jessTN
Did it work? My chat person said they would refund our tickets after the airline changed our itinerary to times that would not work for us. But the next day, they sent a new notice that it was auto-credited and must be used by February. They won't give us our chat transcript or review the old chat. Super annoying.
File a complaint with the DOT! You'll get a response and resolution that way!

https://www.transportation.gov/airco...umer-complaint
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
apparently Spirit got rid of all CS! https://thetakeoffnap.com/spirit-air...m=BoardingArea
Old Nov 28, 2022, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
apparently Spirit got rid of all CS! https://thetakeoffnap.com/spirit-air...m=BoardingArea
Read the whole article. Clearly an attempt at humor. Or just read the top
Spread the laugh
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
While I often do prefer chat vs. talking on the phone, I've waited 60+ mins before to get an F9 agent in chat. That time I eventually just called, and surprisingly the wait for an agent was just a few mins. So I'm pretty skeptical that this chat-only CS is going to work out well for them.

And it seems to me that they should offer phone CS to their elite members. Or at least include phone CS with "the works" package.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
reason #26 why I will never fly Frontier. Sure, the CS at many airlines leaves a lot to be desired. But I just got a United agent who was (after consultation) able to disengage my son from a cancelled group booking and email an FFC (flight credit). No chatbot will ever be able to understand that issue, much less resolve it.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 8:38 pm

Who cares when you can buy a ticket for $16?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.