Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

WSJ News Alert: Frontier Group, Spirit Airlines Merge in $6.6 Billion Deal

WSJ News Alert: Frontier Group, Spirit Airlines Merge in $6.6 Billion Deal

Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by jiburi
probably time to update this thread with results of the attempt.

It will be interesting where Frontier goes from here. Every airlines, including Frontier will need to gaining more pilots, and what Jetblue did was a smart way of recruiting experienced one plus expansion thru purchase. Frontier could be ripe for different takeover. Who else wants experienced pilot and have cash or asset on their hand?

Jiburi
I doubt they do anything until they see what happens to the merger. There's no need to rush now into something and no logical companies left to target Frontier unless somehow the message comes out of this merger review that regulators are inclined to approve anything.

Staffing issues being solved by mergers will not make anyone happy except for airline company shareholders. The lack of pilots is a marketplace inefficiency that gets resolved by more training and better pay, not by monopolizing on the available talent .
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Originally Posted by RustyC
Yayyyyy! I was rooting against Frontier merging with Spirit. As basic and spartan as Frontier is, at least it's not Spirit. Better FAs and much better FF program, focused on making the flying experience more tolerable for elites. Spirit has more of a no-stone-unturned mentality there.

I do hope DOJ takes a review seriously and demands concessions if necessary.

I s'pose Frontier could try to buy Allegiant if they just have to buy something.

As an aside, I'm disappointed they haven't found some mildly humorous way to incorporate this whole thing into one of their sales. Maybe something like, "Now you know: We don't believe in paying too much, and neither should you!"

RustyC, that was a great funny idea. You belong in marketing.
RustyC likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by GumboCook
RustyC, that was a great funny idea. You belong in marketing.
Thanks. I used to work in PR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.