100k works benefit and airport purchase

Old Jan 20, 22, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
100k works benefit and airport purchase

I just made 100k in Dec. I just booked a flight using discount den so I see it just let's you add it to your reservation while booking.

My question, as subject says, is what happens when you book at airport. Will you still get "the works" including free cancellation or will you just be able to add the free bags and seats? I thought I saw somewhere that you can only get "the works" during booking?

I guess I could have tested this with the flight I just booked as price at airport was same as discount den and I know I won't cancel that one.
Old Jan 20, 22, 8:42 pm

Programs: Frontier Elite 100K, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead View Post
I just made 100k in Dec. I just booked a flight using discount den so I see it just let's you add it to your reservation while booking.

My question, as subject says, is what happens when you book at airport. Will you still get "the works" including free cancellation or will you just be able to add the free bags and seats? I thought I saw somewhere that you can only get "the works" during booking?

I guess I could have tested this with the flight I just booked as price at airport was same as discount den and I know I won't cancel that one.
Since you're 100K status, it should still connect THE WORKS to your reservation automatically with any booking.
Old Jan 21, 22, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I just tested it out for my return one way. I saved $1 by booking it at airport.

I added it in my profile and it recognizes my status so I can select seats, including stretch, and I can get free carry on and free checked bag. I could just click and get "The Perks.". As you can see in the screenshot, you don't get "The Works" like you do when you book it directly on the website. So technically this means I can't cancel flight for free as I don't have "The Works" on this ticket I bought at airport. I suspect this is for the reason I mentioned as "The works" being only available for "purchase" at booking. I put it in quotes as we technically "purchase" it for free by clicking on it as a 100k.

Now, I wonder if you could still call in and argue that you should get free cancellation as a 100k because they don't have a disclaimer saying you have to book it online and not save money at airport and should have the full "Works" as a 100k.

Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jan 25, 22, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead View Post
I just tested it out for my return one way. I saved $1 by booking it at airport.

I added it in my profile and it recognizes my status so I can select seats, including stretch, and I can get free carry on and free checked bag. I could just click and get "The Perks.". As you can see in the screenshot, you don't get "The Works" like you do when you book it directly on the website. So technically this means I can't cancel flight for free as I don't have "The Works" on this ticket I bought at airport. I suspect this is for the reason I mentioned as "The works" being only available for "purchase" at booking. I put it in quotes as we technically "purchase" it for free by clicking on it as a 100k.

Now, I wonder if you could still call in and argue that you should get free cancellation as a 100k because they don't have a disclaimer saying you have to book it online and not save money at airport and should have the full "Works" as a 100k.

good DP; so booking online is the way to go with 100k status, correct?
Old Jan 25, 22, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by danhouston View Post
good DP; so booking online is the way to go with 100k status, correct?
For me it is. Most recent tickets I decided to book online. The savings at the airport was not substantial compared to Discount Den savings and Works refundability, as well as considering factors such as drive time, parking, and waiting in line at the airport.

Search this Thread