Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Booking with Frontier Miles beyond expiration date to extend expiration?

Booking with Frontier Miles beyond expiration date to extend expiration?

Old Mar 10, 21, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Question Booking with Frontier Miles beyond expiration date to extend expiration?

Hi y'all. Checking if anyone has any experience of extending their Frontier Miles expiration date by booking using miles. I just flew F9 this week, so my miles (and those of my pool members) have been set to expire in September 2021 (FYI, it looks like expiration dates will be coming back for everyone soon since a customer service rep verified that this date in 2021 is my actual pending expiration date). The person I spoke with on the phone clarified that in order to keep miles active I will have to fly before that date in 9/2021 if paying in $. BUT I can use miles to book beyond 9/2021 which the agent stated would extend my expiration date...Has anyone done this to verify that's true? The flight I'm looking to book isn't until 1/2022 and will use just a portion of my current accrued Frontier Miles. Will the unused miles have their expiration extended, or is it just the miles booked beyond the 9/2021 date that won't expire since they will be tied to a booking? TIA!
Old Mar 10, 21, 2:55 pm

You have to earn miles to extend the date. If you flew a paid ticket your miles should have been extended. You can also purchase miles or transfer miles from somewhere else. I'm not up on all of the options tI do know they have reduced them.
5. MILES EXPIRATION
  1. Mileage in a Member’s account does not expire so long as the Member generates accrual activity every six months; this includes any purchase activity on the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard. Unredeemed mileage accumulated in your account will expire at the end of the six-month period after your last accrual activity date. Other account activity, such as redeeming or other miscellaneous adjustments, will not extend your expiration date.
  2. Although not required, Frontier may send notification to remind Members of upcoming expirations. To receive these such notifications, Members must be “opted in” to Frontier’s email correspondence.
  3. Expired miles will not be reversed as a result of not receiving such notification. (Please see Member Responsibilities section 13b)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: