Any Discount Den signup bonuses?

Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex MR, Southwest RR
Any Discount Den signup bonuses?

Back before Covid, I received an offer for a $50 travel voucher when I signed up for Discount Den. That sounded like a good deal, and I almost bit but didn't. What are the chances such an offer might come back around? Or has Covid pretty much wiped out any chance of that?
Old Feb 4, 2021, 1:14 pm

They were running it every couple of months throughout 2020. Since COVID seems to keep dragging on I think they are likely to bring it back.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:55 am
Original Poster

I've been keeping a keen eye out for this, but no luck so far. Has anyone else seen this offer? Is it maybe hyper-targeted?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

In case anyone's wondering, it's back! 10k bonus miles and a $50 flight voucher if you sign up for Discount Den. It's posted on the site right now.
I signed up as soon as I got the email, but haven't received the points or voucher yet. I called and they said it's manually processed and could take a couple of days.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Keith Evans
In case anyone's wondering, it's back! 10k bonus miles and a $50 flight voucher if you sign up for Discount Den. It's posted on the site right now.
I signed up as soon as I got the email, but haven't received the points or voucher yet. I called and they said it's manually processed and could take a couple of days.
The terms of the deal say it's only for new discount den members, but no mention of a 'cooling off' period from when you let your membership lapse. I assume there isn't one, but it would be nice if they would be specific about what 'new' meant.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:01 am

Yeah they are as clear as mud with all their promos. You just have to sign up and then hope you see it hit your account later.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
The terms of the deal say it's only for new discount den members, but no mention of a 'cooling off' period from when you let your membership lapse. I assume there isn't one, but it would be nice if they would be specific about what 'new' meant.
Anyone have an update on this? My wife was a member but we let it lapse during the pandemic. Very interested in the new promo if it can be for former DD members.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by mikosk
Anyone have an update on this? My wife was a member but we let it lapse during the pandemic. Very interested in the new promo if it can be for former DD members.
I had a lapsed membership when they ran the voucher offer during the pandemic and was considered eligible for it. I would assume the same with this one.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:08 pm

We had a pair of tickets already booked. The price dropped to $40 less than we originally bought them for. Cancelled the tickets and applied the credit value to the new tickets plus the discount den membership... so grand total I owed was $19... and I'll hopefully get that $50 credit and 10k miles. Great stuff
socal77 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:12 am
Original Poster

I signed up two days and and still no credit. I just called and they said "It looks like the voucher and bonus miles will be available in your account on September 16." I'm not sure why there's a week lag time, but that's what they're now saying.

I'm unsure if there's any cooling-off period after canceling DD before you can get the promo again. I've never been part of DD, so I'm not sure if there even is one or if it means you couldn't have ever been a member before.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

I signed up two days and and still no credit. I just called and they said "It looks like the voucher and bonus miles will be available in your account on September 16." I'm not sure why there's a week lag time, but that's what they're now saying.
The 16th has come and... nothing. I called back and they said, "You need to wait 2-3 more days." I'm starting to think this isn't legit.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:01 pm

The 16th has come and... nothing. I called back and they said, "You need to wait 2-3 more days." I'm starting to think this isn't legit.
When I did it last year I got the voucher the day after the promo ended.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 5:31 pm

My voucher showed up today. My Den membership had lapsed about a year before I signed up again.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: ConciergeKey 4MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I signed up this past Thursday, and the 10,000 miles hit my account today, Saturday. Still no sign of the $50 voucher, though.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:34 am

I signed up on the 9th and the miles and voucher arrived on the 17th.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.