Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F9 announce MIA-CUN (Effective March 11, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
F9 announce MIA-CUN (Effective March 11, 2021)

Frontier announce nonstop Miami to Cancun. Effective March 11, 2021.

https://news.flyfrontier.com/frontie...ami-to-cancun/
Old Mar 3, 2021, 7:57 pm

Anybody ever flew from cancun to cleveland? I’m nervous about it but was the only non stop and wound up costing the same
as delta when adding bags and seats.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by rashodw
Anybody ever flew from cancun to cleveland? I’m nervous about it but was the only non stop and wound up costing the same
Did you add Delta's bag fees and seat fees when making this comparison?
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
Did you add Delta's bag fees and seat fees when making this comparison?
yep. Cost me $137 on frontier with bags and stretch seat. $170 on delta with comfort seats. I have gold card so bags if i want to check one.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Plat Pro, F9 Elite 100k
I haven't flown this route specifically, but I can say I have pretty much exclusively flown Frontier this year (and I'm a Delta Platinum). I have 53 pending flights booked ahead if that's saying anything. I have now flown enough flights this year to say the service is fine, the flights are cheap, and about the only thing I sometimes miss is WiFi, but it's caused me to read my kindle more...probably a good thing!

I will say, each flight I've done has been in the stretch seating. While the seat is the same, it has added ability to recline with a little red pull tab located under the seat instead of in the armrest. The legroom is very comfortable. You may want to at least consider this. Typically rows 1-3 and emergency exit seats.

You'll be fine.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Cameron B
I haven't flown this route specifically, but I can say I have pretty much exclusively flown Frontier this year (and I'm a Delta Platinum). I have 53 pending flights booked ahead if that's saying anything. I have now flown enough flights this year to say the service is fine, the flights are cheap, and about the only thing I sometimes miss is WiFi, but it's caused me to read my kindle more...probably a good thing!

I will say, each flight I've done has been in the stretch seating. While the seat is the same, it has added ability to recline with a little red pull tab located under the seat instead of in the armrest. The legroom is very comfortable. You may want to at least consider this. Typically rows 1-3 and emergency exit seats.

You'll be fine.
Thanks! Yes i got the exit row stretch seat! I figure if i load a movie or 2 on my phone ill be fine for the 3.5 hour flight! Just doesnt make sense to fly past clevleand to Detroit or stop in Atlanta and double the time of my trip! Also im sure will be easier/quicker to go through customs in cleveland since we dont have many international flights at all.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:28 pm

I fly Frontier all the time too; 2 flights booked for later this month. When people ask me, I say "they're about the same as everyone else, just a lot cheaper." When someone expresses concern about not being able to recline their seat, my response is yes, but the person in front of you can't recline their seat either.

One negative I'll say is a couple years ago I had a flight booked on Frontier from ORD to MCO and it was reporting a 6 hour mechanical delay. The flight was coming from CUN to ORD. Ultimately the flight was cancelled because the crew timed-out in Cancun. They don't have spare crews in foreign countries, of course.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 2:49 pm

I fly Frontier all the time too; 2 flights booked for later this month. When people ask me, I say "they're about the same as everyone else, just a lot cheaper." When someone expresses concern about not being able to recline their seat, my response is yes, but the person in front of you can't recline their seat either.

One negative I'll say is a couple years ago I had a flight booked on Frontier from ORD to MCO and it was reporting a 6 hour mechanical delay. The flight was coming from CUN to ORD. Ultimately the flight was cancelled because the crew timed-out in Cancun. They don't have spare crews in foreign countries, of course.

what wound up happening?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Plat Pro, F9 Elite 100k
Thanks! Yes i got the exit row stretch seat! I figure if i load a movie or 2 on my phone ill be fine for the 3.5 hour flight! Just doesnt make sense to fly past clevleand to Detroit or stop in Atlanta and double the time of my trip! Also im sure will be easier/quicker to go through customs in cleveland since we dont have many international flights at all.
I agree. I would have taken the nonstop too.

If I have one suggestion, it would be to consider row 2 if you can. The emergency exit is fine, but the seat is narrower due to the "wall" instead of armrest that can move up and down. I personally like Row 2 for the fact I can recline back knowing the person behind me in row 3 (also stretch) can do the same if they choose to. Somewhat of a courtesy, and they have the extra legroom to probably not care even if they choose not to recline .

Enjoy your flights. Frontier is just fine if you go into it with the proper mindset. It's no frills. You pay them to get you somewhere, but everything else is extra (seat, bag, drinks, etc). As long as you're already aware of it and have purchased what you need, the rest will pretty much feel like taking a flight on any other airline.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:25 pm

I agree. I would have taken the nonstop too.

If I have one suggestion, it would be to consider row 2 if you can. The emergency exit is fine, but the seat is narrower due to the "wall" instead of armrest that can move up and down. I personally like Row 2 for the fact I can recline back knowing the person behind me in row 3 (also stretch) can do the same if they choose to. Somewhat of a courtesy, and they have the extra legroom to probably not care even if they choose not to recline .

Enjoy your flights. Frontier is just fine if you go into it with the proper mindset. It's no frills. You pay them to get you somewhere, but everything else is extra (seat, bag, drinks, etc). As long as you're already aware of it and have purchased what you need, the rest will pretty much feel like taking a flight on any other airline.
thanks. Ill look and see if row 2 is open.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:55 pm

what wound up happening?
I received Frontier's famous cancelled flight sheet which gave two options. 1) Ticket refund and $500 in future travel vouchers of $200 and $300. OR 2) Reimbursement for travel to my destination up to $400 plus a $200 future travel voucher. You have to use a designated website they provide to book the replacement transportation which means Southwest is not an option because SWA does not participate on travel agency websites. I recall I booked an American flight for later that day which last minute barely fit in under the $400 cap. You have to pay for this on your own. Within a week I received an email with the voucher code and within 10 days a check in the mail from Frontier for the original (remaining) ticket price.. You're on your own for the rebooking; they won't help. Fortunately, I had a laptop with me which made it easy but of course a smart phone would have worked too.

If I have one suggestion, it would be to consider row 2 if you can.
I agree with Row 2 because in Row 1 you have a bulkhead in front of you which means you have to keep your carry-on or backpack in the compartments above. Problem is above Row 1 is safety equipment which means you have to stow your carry-on above Row 2 or further back. And that means swimming upstream to retrieve it once you land.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 1:01 pm

I received Frontier's famous cancelled flight sheet which gave two options. 1) Ticket refund and $500 in future travel vouchers of $200 and $300. OR 2) Reimbursement for travel to my destination up to $400 plus a $200 future travel voucher. You have to use a designated website they provide to book the replacement transportation which means Southwest is not an option because SWA does not participate on travel agency websites. I recall I booked an American flight for later that day which last minute barely fit in under the $400 cap. You have to pay for this on your own. Within a week I received an email with the voucher code and within 10 days a check in the mail from Frontier for the original (remaining) ticket price.. You're on your own for the rebooking; they won't help. Fortunately, I had a laptop with me which made it easy but of course a smart phone would have worked too.
Thanks for the info. Row 2 was booked so ill stay at exit and check the app to see if it opens up. Im worried about being stranded there with frontier cause you hear all the horror stories. I flew with spirit years ago to las was a bad experience. But then i flew somewhere else and it was fine. So hit or miss i guess.

I agree with Row 2 because in Row 1 you have a bulkhead in front of you which means you have to keep your carry-on or backpack in the compartments above. Problem is above Row 1 is safety equipment which means you have to stow your carry-on above Row 2 or further back. And that means swimming upstream to retrieve it once you land.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 1:03 pm

Thanks for the info. I checked row 2 its booked. Ill
keep checking the app. Im worried about rhem canceling there ive read several horror stories. But itll work out. I dont have to be at work the following day so i have some wiggle room.

QUOTE=SUPERTRAVEL;33079908]I received Frontier's famous cancelled flight sheet which gave two options. 1) Ticket refund and $500 in future travel vouchers of $200 and $300. OR 2) Reimbursement for travel to my destination up to $400 plus a $200 future travel voucher. You have to use a designated website they provide to book the replacement transportation which means Southwest is not an option because SWA does not participate on travel agency websites. I recall I booked an American flight for later that day which last minute barely fit in under the $400 cap. You have to pay for this on your own. Within a week I received an email with the voucher code and within 10 days a check in the mail from Frontier for the original (remaining) ticket price.. You're on your own for the rebooking; they won't help. Fortunately, I had a laptop with me which made it easy but of course a smart phone would have worked too.

I agree with Row 2 because in Row 1 you have a bulkhead in front of you which means you have to keep your carry-on or backpack in the compartments above. Problem is above Row 1 is safety equipment which means you have to stow your carry-on above Row 2 or further back. And that means swimming upstream to retrieve it once you land.[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.