Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier Offering Status Matches Though You Have to Pay for Them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier Offering Status Matches Though You Have to Pay for Them

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Yes that why I always go for row 2 or 3 and by back up is row 1
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:49 pm

Got matched AA executive platinum to 100k. Have a reservation for late next year. Is it possible to update reservation to include works package (seat, bags etc..).. when I tried online, it showing $400 to add works package even though it says covered as part of 100k.. was wondering if there is a way to do it online.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Got matched AA executive platinum to 100k. Have a reservation for late next year. Is it possible to update reservation to include works package (seat, bags etc..).. when I tried online, it showing $400 to add works package even though it says covered as part of 100k.. was wondering if there is a way to do it online.
I would say very unlikely to able to do this online
Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Applied on Dec 31 to match Alaska 75K to Frontier 100K. Approved within two hours. Still waiting on match to go live.

I gather you don't automatically get "discount den", but you can purchase it for $0? The list of benefits at https://www.flyfrontier.com/myfronti...s/elite-status does make it appear that it works this way.

I think it's clever to charge a very reasonable $49 fee to get such a generous match. Not sure if I will fly them out of SEA or not, but at $49, it's interesting enough to take a hard look at.
jdawg and Venezuela-Miami like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, WN A-list & CompanionPass, Frontier Elite 100k, IHG Plat via CC.
DAVEH said "Still waiting on match to go live."

Same here. Applied even a day earlier than you did. I did it on 12/30.
Got matched from WN Companion status to F9 Elite 100K, and got an email confirming success within an hour.
Yet, four days later, with "up to 72 hours" concluded, Frontier's website still shows no status, just "member."
[[not that such a result is altogether unexpected from F9...and surely my enjoyment will only be enhanced by attempting CSR contact on Monday....]]
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
This morning, my 100K status posted, effective through 12/31/21.

Immediately after, I was able to sign up for Discount Den for $0, through 1/3/22.

I can't seem to find a map on frontier of their flight segments, as opposed to their ultimate destinations.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:46 am

how about this

https://www.flightconnections.com/ro...er-airlines-f9
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:12 pm

Thanks MHC, that's the best 3d party alternative I found so far.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:51 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by cjcjohio
DAVEH said "Still waiting on match to go live."

Same here. Applied even a day earlier than you did. I did it on 12/30.
Got matched from WN Companion status to F9 Elite 100K, and got an email confirming success within an hour.
Yet, four days later, with "up to 72 hours" concluded, Frontier's website still shows no status, just "member."
[[not that such a result is altogether unexpected from F9...and surely my enjoyment will only be enhanced by attempting CSR contact on Monday....]]
Weird. Mine posted to F9 account in about a day or so. Try the [email protected]
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:06 pm

You might try twitter. I've found it helpful at times.
They will probably ask for a PM with you information.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, WN A-list & CompanionPass, Frontier Elite 100k, IHG Plat via CC.
Success achieved via sending screenshots to Frontier via online web contact form

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
You might try twitter. I've found it helpful at times.
They will probably ask for a PM with you information.
That's good advice.
(Other CSR contact modes on Mon & Tues failed -- Frontier support kept pointing the finger at the third party loyalty processing group, and vice versa.)
But all's well now: I used their online contact form & uploaded screenshots of my enrollment. 48 hrs later I received an email notification that I had been auto-enrolled in Discount Den (for $0).
So I logged in and I am now sporting a freshly minted Elite100k Status.
See y'all in a stretch seat soon! (when I'm not already on Southwest with companion.)
The lesson -- as it always is -- screenshot everything. (Corollaries: backup everything, floss regularly, wear sunscreen, always look both ways, etc...)

Last edited by cjcjohio; Jan 8, 2021 at 1:16 pm
Old Jan 22, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
This should help re-qualifying for next year. I got an email but do not see it on the F9 site, so I don't know if it is targeted to all elite's or just new ones.

X3 qualifying miles and segments:

Terms and Conditions: 3x Bonus Offer valid for all flights between 12:00 am EST on January 22, 2021 and completed by 11:59 pm EST on March 31, 2021. Promotion applies to new and previously booked travel completed by 11:59 pm EST on March 31, 2021. To be eligible for triple miles and segments FRONTIER Miles ℠ number must be provided at the time of booking. Bonus miles and segments earned will be credited to your account within 7-10 business days post-travel. Bonus miles are qualifying miles towards Elite status.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: DL DM, F9 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
I love the triple EQM promo - it actually makes Elite 100k attainable for next year.

Question for you guys - if I requalify before the middle of the year, does that extend my status through 2022, or so I have to wait until after the middle of the year to qualify and be extended?

Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
It's back for 2021. Being able to match from hotel status to 100k status is interesting. https://www.frontierstatusmatch.com/

I'm considering. I live in San Diego. They have direct flights to LAS, DEN, and PHX. I have multiple trips planned to these airports (and other open jaws). F9 seems always cheaper than anyone else (including Spirit by a few $).

I was planning to curtail my luxury of carry-on to save $$, but it would be nice to be kind to myself and remove that limitation (and get more benefits). The price is $49 for a year.

Any feedback from those who matched before? Which benefits did you find most useful?

* The big problem I see is they don't seem to offer "free cancellation with a voucher" even with 100k status. That's a big minus in the Covid era.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.

Last edited by italdesign; Dec 1, 2021 at 10:55 am
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
* The big problem I see is they don't seem to offer "free cancellation with a voucher" even with 100k status. That's a big minus in the Covid era.
Elite 100k comes with the Works for everyone when booked together. That is as close to a free cancellation you could ask for with refundability 24 hours before your flight...
italdesign likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.