Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier Refund/Credit Policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2020, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I had a case this week with an ATL-SLC-ATL itinerary with nice midday nonstops both ways for late October. They cancelled those and "schedule changed" both directions to connections in DEN, with the outbound with a 3-hour layover and the return with an 11-hour layover

That should qualify for a refund, but of course you'd have to fight to get it. In this case it was $62 at stake and I took the credit (doing enough business to be able to use it).

Now they've pushed ATL-SLC and vv into November...could be a "spaghetti against the wall" type of route. Even non-stops may not be safe to book. Their two flights between ATL and DEN also are being moved soon to times that are terrible for catching connections. I was able to go to GEG and PDX recently on F9 itins not requiring overnight DEN "camp-o-rees", but that's about to come to an end.

"Schedule changes" that are really cancellations is an area where we need specific regulations (even statutory law, if that's what it takes). Otherwise this is what you get with "self-regulation."
Old Aug 30, 2020, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is easily achieved by DOT. Its rule, since 2011, has been that a cancellation or significant time change entitles a passenger to a refund. But, DOT has left it to carriers to define "significant." All that is required is for DOT to amend the rule to insert a number in place of "significant" and the issue is resolved.

But, that is not going to happen in the next 3-4 years while the industry recovers. It also does not likely cost F9 a lot of business. Those who are its regular fliers are likely just fine with a credit as they will use the credit in short order.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
There was an article sometime back about F9 getting difficult with refunds. Might need to cancel a ticket bought with the works bundle. are they giving grief about that as well?
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:20 pm

If the flight number changed it's a cancellation. I have some sympathy for a flexible standard of what constitutes a significant delay. A 2- hour delay on a one hour fligh5 might be significant, but not on a transcon.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Jan 31, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by UA Fan
There was an article sometime back about F9 getting difficult with refunds. Might need to cancel a ticket bought with the works bundle. are they giving grief about that as well?
I've had no issues getting refunds from tickets with The Works specifically because of COVID-19. Have experienced some shenanigans but as a by-product of the bare-bones customer service structure (e.g. 100% off-shore) and in my view a less then transparent pricing as it pertains to the change process (when I voluntarily modified flights) - forces present with our without COVID-19.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, F9 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Just learned something today... it’s in the fine print, but a friendly reminder. They will NOT refund Works tickets less than 24 hours before departure. I had a last minute change in plans (Elite 100k w/the Works) and was notified no refund is available.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 8:09 pm

I would even be happy with the voucher at this point, let alone a refund.

I had a set of two one way flights booked from MSN to MCO and back for February. The flight back, which started as a direct flight that left Saturday evening and got me home Saturday night, changed to a flight out LATE Saturday night with an overnight layover at their hub in Denver and got me back to Madison almost 24 hours later. This obviously wasn’t going to work and there were no other options on days nearby so I needed to rebook my entire flight. Problem is I was using the federal holiday on 2/15 so I needed to wait until March to have enough leave.

Because the flight I booked was beyond a 72 hour window of the first one (by necessity, not choice. I would have loved to have kept that week) I had to pay the difference in fare, which I grumbled about. A lot. But it wasn’t too bad so whatever.

I just got a notice that they’ve changed my NEW flight home to another goofy one. This time, I get a stop in Atlanta and Denver, and over a day of travel time. I called and let them know this was NOT going to work and that we would just be driving because it would take less time. The first Support person I talked to was not going to give me anything. Not a refund, not a voucher, not even a few miles. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for over an house when I finally just hung up and reached out via email and their Twitter support. Hoping to hear back, ugh.

I realize the pandemic has hit the airline business HARD but it hasn’t exactly been kind to your average person either. It’s a really unfortunate time to have paid almost $400 when including baggage and fair differences and what not, only to have nothing to show for it.

Last edited by Malom11; Jan 31, 2021 at 8:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.