Cancel Now and Receive Up to $50 in Vouchers

Old Mar 24, 20, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I cancelled my $15 flight from MCO - PHL last night.

Tried to rebook same city pairing for a different date using the credit shell and it gave me a message my e-mail address and confirmation number could not be found.

Flight I booked was also $15 so I went ahead and used a credit card since the wait time to call was 1+ hours.
Old Mar 24, 20, 8:18 pm

Has anyone received the credit yet?
Old Mar 24, 20, 11:15 pm

I had two separate reservations for April 8th and the 11th. I cancelled each one on the same day. I received credits for the original reservations, but just received a $50 voucher for one of them. I don't remember there being a limit of one $50 voucher per customer? It should be a $50 voucher for each flight, as I understand it.

Of course, maybe the other $50 voucher will come later, although that would be strange. I cancelled both flights within a few minutes of each other, so...
Old Mar 25, 20, 6:42 am

For those who have received the $50 credit, did you receive an email? Is there a separate voucher number for the credit?
Old Mar 25, 20, 10:00 am

Then, I will just wait and update later.
Old Mar 25, 20, 2:42 pm

myleguy... I received a separate email saying "Here's your $50 voucher..." about 3 days after I cancelled the flights. I still am wondering why I haven't received a $50 voucher for each of the 2 flights I cancelled.

Is anyone having an issue using the Frontier credits from cancelled flights? I mean the credits from the original bookings, not the $50 vouchers.

I booked a cheap flight to head out Friday of Memorial Day weekend, but when I tried to use the Frontier credits from my 2 cancelled flights, it came up "wrong email/confirmation code". I know I put in the right information. I sent an email to Frontier, and used the $50 voucher to offset most of this flight cost, so no big deal. But when I try and book travel for later in the summer, I want to be able to use these "expires within 90 days" flight credits.
Old Mar 25, 20, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
These vouchers are also only good for the base fare - not any taxes, carrier imposed fees, or add ons

I received a $50 voucher from Spirit for a delay, about two years ago, and was never able to use it because the cheapest tickets have such an insignificant base fare amount.
Old Mar 26, 20, 1:35 am

btonkid12345... If that is the case here, it would have made more sense for the blurb to say "not eligible for this flight", or some such thing. It sounded to me like my error, and not an eligibility error. I am curious what Frontier tells me in their response to me.
Old Mar 26, 20, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by frugal_flyer View Post
myleguy... I received a separate email saying "Here's your $50 voucher..." about 3 days after I cancelled the flights. I still am wondering why I haven't received a $50 voucher for each of the 2 flights I cancelled.

Is anyone having an issue using the Frontier credits from cancelled flights? I mean the credits from the original bookings, not the $50 vouchers.

I booked a cheap flight to head out Friday of Memorial Day weekend, but when I tried to use the Frontier credits from my 2 cancelled flights, it came up "wrong email/confirmation code". I know I put in the right information. I sent an email to Frontier, and used the $50 voucher to offset most of this flight cost, so no big deal. But when I try and book travel for later in the summer, I want to be able to use these "expires within 90 days" flight credits.
Yes I had the same issue. The flight I cancelled and rebooked was only $15 so no big deal but I have another larger credit to use.

Still have not received any vouchers for the flights I cancelled on Monday.

What e-mail address did you use?
Old Mar 26, 20, 6:49 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Don't fall for the voucher rebooking maneuver.
The terms for re-use of flight credits are strict and who knows if Frontier will even be around in 6 months or flying and to where.
They are and will be cancelling flights and you will most likely get a full refund.

They just cancelled my flight and rather than rebook with onerous requirements, I am getting my money back.

And, flights this summer and fall are likely WAY cheaper than what you paid. So get a cancellation and re-book for $19 or $30 if you want.
Old Mar 27, 20, 1:53 am

I received my credit voucher by email Thursday, after cancelling Sunday. I only had one flight booked, so I don't know how they are handling multiple bookings.
Old Mar 27, 20, 6:01 am

Apologies if this has been asked. I am considering cancelling my April flights. If my credit from this is larger that the price for the new flights I book can I use the remainder of the credit for a second trip? Example: I paid $3,000 for my April flights and it will only cost me $2,000 for flights in August. Will I have $1,000 to use on flights I book within 90 days of cancelling or do I lose that money?

Also, if i purchased a bundle (Perks) can I add a different bundle (Works) when I rebook my flight and then cancel to get the full fare back?

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 27, 20, 3:58 pm

BrlDsguise... I just went to the bottom of the Frontier homepage and clicked on "Contact Us". I typed my email and then just sent it. I don't what the exact address was, but that was the process I used. In the autoreply email from Frontier acknowledging receipt, I think it was [email protected].

However, I don't know if that's the actual email, or the old "unmonitored mailbox".

I have to say last night that Frontier made it right regarding the 2 flights and their original credits I couldn't use to book for May. They actually sent me 2 different voucher numbers (not the original confirmation numbers) for $50 each. Why they only sent me one $50 voucher originally for 2 separate flights I do not know, but I in effect ended up with 3 $50 vouchers for 2 flights, though I "lost" the value of $69 for the original flights' fares. I am not complaining, as I still got $150 in value for $69, I wish they'd let us do this all of the time!

I should have had $169 to use (2 $50 vouchers, plus $69 in fares)

Instead I ended up with $150 to use (3 $50 vouchers, no original fares)

I am losing $19 but I am gaining the use all of the funds for booking travel beyond 90 days. I'll take that.
Old Mar 27, 20, 4:01 pm

TDR32... Yes, you have $1000 to use to book within 90 days, using your example. Your flights can be booked for travel beyond the 90 days, but you must make the booking itself by 90 days.

I don't know how the rebooked bundles work; that sounds tricky enough that you might have to place a call to Frontier, or perhaps an email to them.
Old Mar 27, 20, 10:15 pm

I received 50 voucher for every passenger in my group.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: