Discount Den + $50 voucher... is it worth it?

Old Dec 25, 19, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex MR, Southwest RR
Discount Den + $50 voucher... is it worth it?

I received a promo email offering a $50 voucher if I sign up for Discount Den. There are tons of $20 (and less) flights out of MCO, and I can take short trips with nothing but a personal item, so I'm considering signing up and taking a ton of weekend trips in the coming year.

As a Frontier newbie, are there gotchas and unexpected fees that would negate the $50 voucher or make the offer not really worth it? I don't want to sign up then end up paying more than I would have to fly my normal preferred carriers.
Old Dec 26, 19, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Silver w/Club Card. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I would check on long the voucher is good for-- sometime only 30 to 90 days.

Last edited by MileHighColorado; Dec 26, 19 at 10:08 am
Old Dec 30, 19, 12:53 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I debated this deal but for me it doesn't seem worth it. I'm close to the airport so I save generally $42 on round trips (there are a few cheap fares which are exceptions). Discount den seems to save about $10 each way. My friend and I were talking about it and I think if someone flew Frontier frequently but it wasn't convenient to buy tickets at airport, then the deal may be worth it.

There are fees to have a real carry-on or reserve seats but this is similar on others like Spirit and I understand that legacy carriers have created fares with similar restrictions. If you can manage with just the personal item it might be worth it. Otherwise you have to factor in the bag fee each way when comparing costs.
Old Dec 30, 19, 10:09 am

I couldn't take advantage of it since I already have Discount Den however my parents did. Digging through the fine print the voucher is a short one only 90 days but it can be used on flights after the expiration date you just need to book by 3/31/20.

Also rhwbullhead you can use vouchers at the airport. I have done it before. Just bring the code with you.
Old Dec 30, 19, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex MR, Southwest RR
I ultimately decided against it, but only because my work situation changed and I will be traveling too much for business to squeeze in any personal travel before the voucher expires.

I live about half an hour from the airport and like to take a lot of short weekend trips that I can do with just a personal item, so the fares seem great. It also helps that my home airport is MCO, where there are tons of $19 and $20 fares. If my work situation didnít call for so much travel during the time when the voucher is good, I would have done it.

Do they offer this promo often? Iíd love to do it when work settles down a bit.
Old Jan 1, 20, 1:41 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lidosjawn View Post
I couldn't take advantage of it since I already have Discount Den however my parents did. Digging through the fine print the voucher is a short one only 90 days but it can be used on flights after the expiration date you just need to book by 3/31/20.

Also rhwbullhead you can use vouchers at the airport. I have done it before. Just bring the code with you.
Yes, you can use vouchers at airport. I got one for a cancelled flight. Im lucky I researched it before as LAS agent initially b tried tomtrll me I could only use vouchers online.

I was referring to Discount Den prices being online only. When you go to airport, you get regular fare minus the carrier interface fee which almost always cheaper than buying the discounted DD fares online.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: