FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program-668/)
-   -   First Frontier Flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program/1994486-first-frontier-flight.html)

Clamqueen Nov 7, 2019 11:33 am

First Frontier Flight

My husband and I took our first flight last week from Tampa to Islip non stop. We usually fly Southwest but they offered nothing non stop and I liked the idea of having an assigned seat. Price was about the same or less than SW once you figure in the price we pay for early bird check in. Boarding was done quickly and we took off on time coming and going. They may become my new airline...yes the tray table is a joke....

rsteinmetz70112 Nov 7, 2019 11:56 am

The big problems with Frontier
  • Infrequent flight and the impact that has when things don't go right.
  • They don't have a large foot print and it changes constantly.

deker0 Nov 8, 2019 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Clamqueen (Post 31712073)
My husband and I took our first flight last week from Tampa to Islip non stop. We usually fly Southwest but they offered nothing non stop and I liked the idea of having an assigned seat. Price was about the same or less than SW once you figure in the price we pay for early bird check in. Boarding was done quickly and we took off on time coming and going. They may become my new airline...yes the tray table is a joke....

Did you have to pay for the assigned seat? If so, how much was it? Since it was two of you, was there ever a thought to not pay for assigned seating and see if they'd seat your party together anyway?

Clamqueen Nov 9, 2019 7:50 am

We did pay for our seats. They were in row 8 aisle across from each other and the cost was $27.00 each. I did not consider only paying for one. We both like an aisle and I'm willing to pay for them.

deker0 Nov 9, 2019 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Clamqueen (Post 31718672)
We did pay for our seats. They were in row 8 aisle across from each other and the cost was $27.00 each. I did not consider only paying for one. We both like an aisle and I'm willing to pay for them.

Ah ok, so an additional $27 per person on top of the airfare cost. Not a bad deal overall.

Clamqueen Nov 9, 2019 3:40 pm

There were more expensive seats and I booked fairly early...( a few weeks ahead) as it got closer to the flight I THINK they got more expensive...but I could be wrong about that.

deker0 Nov 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Clamqueen (Post 31719967)
There were more expensive seats and I booked fairly early...( a few weeks ahead) as it got closer to the flight I THINK they got more expensive...but I could be wrong about that.

I'm taking a trip next month and I didn't do selected seating, so I'll take my chances and go where they assign me. The fare was great, but the carry on bag cost was the same price as the fare itself. So that was the part I didn't like. Other than that, let's see how it goes.

StartinSanDiego Nov 20, 2019 7:52 am

I've just booked my first flight on Frontier. I'd like to bring my Travel Pro Boarding bag as my personal item. It fits under a seat.
Exterior Dimensions:18" x 11" x 8"

The Frontier allowable measurements are
Personal Item
8"D X 18"W X 14"H
Must Fit Under the Seat

https://www.ebags.com/product/travel...uctid=10688637
The dimensions are within the allowable carry on size, but does this size usually cause a problem? When they describe a personal item as a child's backpack, I'm alarmed, even if my bag is under the size.

I have a slightly smaller bag that I could bring if needed, but the Travel Pro is my fav.

maskedmesothorium Nov 20, 2019 9:28 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego (Post 31757774)
I've just booked my first flight on Frontier. I'd like to bring my Travel Pro Boarding bag as my personal item. It fits under a seat.
Exterior Dimensions:18" x 11" x 8"

The Frontier allowable measurements are
Personal Item
8"D X 18"W X 14"H
Must Fit Under the Seat

I wouldn't sweat it. The gate agents are usually so concerned with turning the flight in the tiny window they're allotted they don't have time to carefully inspect every bag.
Furthermore, isn't your bag smaller than the Frontier dimensions?

StartinSanDiego Nov 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium (Post 31758140)
I wouldn't sweat it. The gate agents are usually so concerned with turning the flight in the tiny window they're allotted they don't have time to carefully inspect every bag.
Furthermore, isn't your bag smaller than the Frontier dimensions?

Yes, it is smaller, by 3". I'm being paranoid!

deker0 Dec 10, 2019 7:40 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego (Post 31759026)
Yes, it is smaller, by 3". I'm being paranoid!

At the gate, they have a small metal "measurement" stand. If your bag fits into the space provided, then it meets the size requirements. But I do agree with the other comment stating that the gate agents really are too busy turning the flight over to care.