F9 adds ISP-MCO beginning Aug 14, 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
F9 adds ISP-MCO beginning Aug 14, 2017

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/t...say-1.13660373

Frontier adds nonstop MCO-ISP begins on Aug 14, 2017.

Here's the flight schedule:

ISP 10:45 MCO 13:30 A320
MCO 07:15 ISP 09:55 A320

Southwest Airlines will be big pissed with Frontier Airlines about a new routes from ISP.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Just wait until WN digests the new schedule announced this week---10 destinations from ISP!!! I'll believe it when I see it though.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Art234
Just wait until WN digests the new schedule announced this week---10 destinations from ISP!!! I'll believe it when I see it though.
Actually, the next schedule extension is on Thursday July 27, 2017 for Easter Holiday.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
I don't understand why ISP could never draw much traffic beyond the Florida routes. Assuming you had a connection anyway while using LGA/JFK, it's so much easier to use a smaller airport w less traffic, cheaper parking etc...ORD, ATL, CLT, EWR, IAD, CVG all existing hubs that dropped service (plus CLE & PIT)

I've always thought they'd benefit from rebranding it to Suffolk County airport. Islip NY doesn't resonate & mean anything outside NY.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Originally Posted by joeyE
I don't understand why ISP could never draw much traffic beyond the Florida routes. Assuming you had a connection anyway while using LGA/JFK, it's so much easier to use a smaller airport w less traffic, cheaper parking etc...ORD, ATL, CLT, EWR, IAD, CVG all existing hubs that dropped service (plus CLE & PIT)

I've always thought they'd benefit from rebranding it to Suffolk County airport. Islip NY doesn't resonate & mean anything outside NY.
Suffolk County Airport is already used (or was) for Gabreski Airport in Westhampton NY. I think it would cause too much confusion.

The main issue with ISP is that by attracting mainly ULCC/LCC carriers like WN or F9, the airport is limiting its appeal to leisure travelers, hence Florida routes. I am not sure there is enough traffic to support F9's ambitious plan here, but I for one have no intention of flying the airline--they wanted $49.95 from me just to be able to book a flight....ridiculous.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:29 am

they wanted $49.95 from me just to be able to book a flight....ridiculous.
I think you must have misunderstood something. They do a fare club called Discount Den which offers discounted fares, sort of like Spirit's $9 Fare Club. but joining is optional although at times you can save more than that when booking a single flight.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by joeyE

​​​​​​
ISP has been branded as "Long Island MacArthur Airport" for some time:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long...Arthur_Airport

ISP is a co-terminal of JFK, LGA, etc. If you do a search on aa.com to or from any NYC-area airport, ISP flight options will be displayed.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I think you must have misunderstood something. They do a fare club called Discount Den which offers discounted fares, sort of like Spirit's $9 Fare Club. but joining is optional although at times you can save more than that when booking a single flight.
I did not misunderstand. When I looked at flights, it had the Den price and said everything else was not available. Sounded strange to me...but I still won't fly an airline which charges for seat selection and carry on bags. AND Barry Biffle is a friend of mine, going back to US Airways and FFOCUS (the Cockroaches)...
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:06 pm

I did not misunderstand. When I looked at flights, it had the Den price and said everything else was not available. Sounded strange to me...but I still won't fly an airline which charges for seat selection and carry on bags. AND Barry Biffle is a friend of mine, going back to US Airways and FFOCUS (the Cockroaches)...
Whatever, fly who you like.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Whatever, fly who you like.
Believe me, I will....
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So...How is ISP-MCO doing so far? How are they? Is that successful?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.