Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Allegiant expansion includes TTN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
Allegiant expansion includes TTN

Allegiant announced last week that it will start service at TTN.

Beginning November 3 and 4, Allegiant will fly to Orlando--Sanford (SFB), Punta Gorda (PGD) and St. Petersburg/Clearwater (PIE).

The one interesting aspect is that on October 30, Frontier will be shifting one of its TTN flights from Fort Myers/Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) Punta Gorda.

I wonder how Frontier will react now that it won't be the only airline with service at TTN and competing with it on two routes.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:41 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Very interestingly actually. They weren't matching Allegiant (G4) intro fares until recently when most of the availability is gone on G4. I just got 3 tickets on Frontier for $49 each way from TTN-MCO for Late January. The seat fees only cost $5 dollars each in the back of the plane and the middle seat was free (in the back) so I got 3 one way tickets for $154.30 including seat fees.

I think there is enough room because these are major Florida cities and its only 2X Weekly service to PIE and PDG with Orlando being 3X weekly. What will be interesting is if Allegiant moves more into Trenton, I could see perhaps next summer G4 service is to MYR. Not sure of any other destinations. Trenton needed another airline, they couldn't put all their eggs in the Frontier basket.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:03 am

Haven't been to TTN, but is there room for another Airline? Didn't Frontier put a lot of money into the county and TTN in runway barriers, renovations? What is going to happen with Allegiant, what will they pay?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
All expansion was paid for with parking fees and Passenger Facility Charges (PFC), Frontier didn't pay anything. They do have to find room for a ticket counter for Allegiant, according to newspaper articles they already know where they are going to put it. Allegiant is only going to use the equivalent of 1 flight a day (3 times a week to SFB/2 times a week to PDG/2 times a week to PIE=7 times a week or 1 daily flight). Frontier has dropped several cities so TTN can make the gate space for Allegiant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.