FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program-668/)
-   -   Frontier Airlines Early Returns Rip Off (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program/1666705-frontier-airlines-early-returns-rip-off.html)

fracyd Mar 27, 2015 11:04 am

Frontier Airlines Early Returns Rip Off

Hello All,
I'm wondering if anyone else has had the problem I am having with Frontier Airlines abruptly deleting all the miles in my Early Returns account? I've searched their web site which is suddenly very user un-friendly. I've called and written them and gotten no response whatsoever. I can't even reach a human on the phone.

Here's the background: About a month ago, I received an email message from Frontier saying that their Early Returns Program is changing. Specifically, that after March 7, 2015, all miles in Early Returns accounts will expire in six months unless you earn or buy more miles between March 7 and May 7, in which case they will expire six months from the day the new miles are earned.

Last week all the miles in my account suddenly vanished. Is anyone having the same problem? Does anyone have ideas about where I go now with this? Any answers are appreciated.

D98lakefan Mar 27, 2015 1:27 pm

here is the number to the cooperate office customer relations 1800-432-1359 open monday through friday

rsteinmetz70112 Mar 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Had you earned or bought a mile in the last 6 months?

Often1 Mar 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Won't the miles reappear (be credited back) if you earn between now and May 7?

What did they say when you called?

Tanic Mar 27, 2015 3:59 pm

I received the email from F9 on Feb 4, 2015. All my miles are still there as of today.

"Changes to EarlyReturnsŪ Mileage Expiration
Beginning March 7, 2015, you'll need to earn miles using your EarlyReturns account every six months in order to keep the miles that are currently in your account.

The good news, your miles don't need to expire! Just keep earning and you can keep them. Any miles you have earned, or continue to earn, will not expire as long as you continue to earn miles every six months. Unredeemed mileage accumulated in your account will expire at the end of the six-month period after your last activity date. For example, if you don't acquire new miles by September 7, 2015, the miles you've accrued through March 6, 2015 will expire on September 7, 2015 and won't be available for use."

nobodyherebutme Mar 27, 2015 8:20 pm

I think your miles are in my account :)

When they switched systems, my YTD segments disappeared too. But since then, they did something which more than restored them. My account now shows about 30 YTD segments and 30,000 YTD miles. The total hasn't changed though. But maybe I've already qualified for Elite status for 2016.

fracyd Mar 27, 2015 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by D98lakefan (Post 24575209)
here is the number to the cooperate office customer relations 1800-432-1359 open monday through friday

I've tried that number numerous times and never get a human or an option menu. Just a recording that says their call volume is higer than usual and the wait will be longer. I've waited and waited and waited for nothing.

fracyd Mar 27, 2015 10:45 pm

Yes, last September 2014.

fracyd Mar 27, 2015 10:46 pm

I was never able to reach a human nor an option menu every time I called.

fracyd Mar 27, 2015 10:48 pm

That's the exact same email I received. My miles should have remained until Sept. 7, 2015 but as I said, they suddenly vanished last week. Watch your account as yours may vanish too.

fracyd Mar 27, 2015 10:48 pm

When did yours disappear and when did they reappear?

nobodyherebutme Mar 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by fracyd (Post 24577303)
Yes, last September 2014.

It's hard to tell what comment you were responding to. But if this is the last time you flew Frontier, then your miles may have expired because you did not have any activity on your account for 6 months.

That's not to say that Frontier doesn't have issues with the new system. My last flight was sometime in February. But when the new site went online, it showed me as having not flown this year. Then, a week or so later, my account showed a whole bunch of YTD segments and miles that I didn't actually fly.

D98lakefan Mar 28, 2015 7:07 pm

i have called that number before and got ahold of someone its probably flooded with all there problems now this airline is so shady these days

nor4 Apr 5, 2015 5:27 pm

Previous mile retention policy?

Does anybody know the previous mile retention policy? How long could you go without a flight or miles posted or deducted from an account before the account was emptied of miles?

nobodyherebutme Apr 5, 2015 11:39 pm

Previous mile retention was 18 months.