Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier Announces Miles to expire after 6m inactivity

Frontier Announces Miles to expire after 6m inactivity

Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Also the expiration date of my miles seems to be updating properly after I fly. My last flight was 6/17 and my expiration date in now 12/17
My miles were due to expire on 06/30 before they announced the 6 month expiration, so I'll be redeeming mine in the next few days regardless, but the expiration date shown is still changing on a daily basis.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:00 pm

This may be a stupid question but where do you see the date your miles expire on the website? Every time I call , I am given a different date and they have to put me on hold for minutes to get me an answer.

TIA
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Corridor!
This may be a stupid question but where do you see the date your miles expire on the website? Every time I call , I am given a different date and they have to put me on hold for minutes to get me an answer.

TIA
Go to your Traveler Profile online. You'll see it right under your name:

Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:14 pm

TIA
Be careful, a number of people hav reported eratic results.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Be careful, a number of people hav reported eratic results.
Come to think of it, you have a point. My last flight date was May 13th and above it's showing December 23rd as an expiration date.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Go to your Traveler Profile online. You'll see it right under your name:

Thank you for your response. My expiration date is the same as yours. 12/23/15. I saw that before but figured it couldn't be correct. Especially since every agent gives me a different date?

I saw this up-thread. Does logging in extend the life of your miles?

When I called today the agent told me I would have 1,985 miles expire in November and then 1,974 miles expire next May. The worst part is that he had to put me on hold for 5 minutes after each question?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:17 pm

Thank you for your response. My expiration date is the same as yours. 12/23/15. I saw that before but figured it couldn't be correct. Especially since every agent gives me a different date?

When I called today the agent told me I would have 1,985 miles expire in November and then 1,974 miles expire next May. The worst part is that he had to put me on hold for 5 minutes after each question?
As far as I can tell the phone agents are not well trained and frequently give out conflicting information. If you go by the web site miles don't expire independantly, but all of them are extended when any one of them is extended.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:52 am

Can you confirm that there is no way to use some sort of a shopping portal or a restaurant purchase to earn a few miles, thereby extending Frontier miles expiration date?

On the first page of this thread, there is a post about buying magazines. I believe this is incorrect. You cannot extended mileage expiration for Frontier by buying magazines, can anyone confirm?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:59 am

Frontier has a list of partners where you can earn miles. Some of then appear to allow transfers to Early returns. One of the most interesting is Thanks Again which gives points for purchases at some airports, some airports seem to do it for just about everything.

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NEVER TRIED ANY OF THIS.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:22 pm

For the example of American Airlines, you *can* spend a single dollar at a qualifying restaurant or order a $1 item from major online retailers (through an AA portal) and your AA miles expiration date would be bumped.

*This is the only relevant thing* for most people.

This thread has 69 posts, and I haven't searched/looked on this entire forum but my understanding is that not a single person has posted on the entire forum if we can bump our Frontier expiration date in a similar manner, with a minor purchase, using *any* means?

So if we are the first, let's figure this out. The only relevant thing here again, is if this can be done with a minor purchase or not...

I will sign up for this thing and find out the hard way...
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:37 pm

It takes 51 minutes to get to this:

The supervisors/managers employed by Frontier Airlines have received no training or any information on this. This information cannot be obtained from Frontier Airlines.

The Frontier Airlines Reps, having not been trained for this, will disconnect/send your call back to the main menu after you point out that ThanksAgain and Points dot com are two different programs that have nothing to do with each other.

So ThanksAgain needs to be contacted to get this information. Frontier Airlines reps or supervisors do not know anything about how to contact ThanksAgain, nor do they know how to get to a page that clearly lists ThanksAgain as a Frontiers Airlines partner, right there on the Frontier web site.

When registering for ThanksAgain, you are asked to submit your Frontiers Airlines account number - so clearly they are connected - but any information about this CANNOT be gotten from anyone at Frontier.

I'm off to contact ThanksAgain.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by c627627
This thread has 69 posts, and I haven't searched/looked on this entire forum but my understanding is that not a single person has posted on the entire forum if we can bump our Frontier expiration date in a similar manner, with a minor purchase, using *any* means?

So if we are the first, let's figure this out. The only relevant thing here again, is if this can be done with a minor purchase or not...

I will sign up for this thing and find out the hard way...
The whole problem with Frontier is that everything is only about 6 months old. A lot of this stuff hasn't been done by anyone.

The Thanks Again could be easy, but that seems to depend on what airports you use. Nearly everything at the Atlanta airport seems to qualify, including parking other airports no so much. However if you're flying enough to go to the airport you should be getting miles somewhere.

Next would be the credit card and Teleflora. You can also rent a car or a hotel room.

You could transfer small amount of points from one of the programs that allow it (Marriott and Diners Club) or through Points.com.

Finally you can answer some questions for and get points that way.

None of these options seem particularly easy, except the Credit Card, which if you use it once in a while is almost automatic. Put a single recurring momonthly payment on it and pay it off every month.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:52 pm

None of these options seem particularly easy, except the Credit Card, which if you use it once in a while is almost automatic. Put a single recurring momonthly payment on it and pay it off every month.
This is the easiest way to keep your points current IMO.

There are two CC options, one with no yearly fee and one that is about $70 a year with differing credits but they both add miles to your account when you use them.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:59 am
dc3

===

Every time I log and check my balance the expiration date changes to 6 months from the date of login. Is this really correct?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 8:53 am

I get the same results on all family members' accounts==an expiration date 6 months later. So how do I know if this is accurate so we don't all lose our miles?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.