Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F9 Flights "Sold Out" with Half of Plane Empty?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

F9 Flights "Sold Out" with Half of Plane Empty?

Hey guys,

First thread here so sorry if I screwed anything up.

Anyways, I'm flying F9 out of DEN this weekend and I was just checking their website to see how many seats were left on my flight. Interestingly, almost 1/2 the plane is "available," but my flight is listed as "sold out" in both Economy and Classic Plus. Anybody know why this is? I just wanted to see how much space I have and whether I could change my seat to get more space. It's the same thing on the way back. Any ideas?

I don't fly F9 often ever since they've gone ULCC but they were over $300 cheaper than the next guys, so even with fees I'll be saving big time.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Frontier no longer offers an advance seat assignment for Free it is possible that these passengers have elected to get their seat assignment upon check-in.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
Frontier no longer offers an advance seat assignment for Free it is possible that these passengers have elected to get their seat assignment upon check-in.
Exactly. Frontier, just like Spirit and probably others, charges for advanced seat selection. I never pay those fees, so even though I have a ticket on the flight, the seat map won't reflect it until online check-in or for some people - when they show up at the airport. So, what you're describing may very well be the case - flight sold out but a lot of the seats appear unoccupied.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Ah, ok that makes sense. Easy enough. I figured it was too good to be true that my plane was going to be half empty over Thanksgiving weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.