FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program-668/)
-   -   Summit status match by other airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program/1616220-summit-status-match-other-airlines.html)

nobodyherebutme Sep 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Summit status match by other airlines

Like many others I've been contemplating using another airline for my trips. But the thought of being relegated to middle seats, and all the other inconveniences of flying, for the months it took me to gain status with a new airline had me hesitating. Earlier today, I contacted United and they agreed to a trial Silver Premier membership between now and the end of the year (which I'll retain for 2015 if I fly 7,000 miles in 2014). Not great, but better than nothing.

Can I do better elsewhere? I fly out of Denver, mostly within the US, with one or two international flights each year).

khoward Sep 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Try Delta

Delta will match F9 Summit to their Silver Medallion status if you fly 6250 miles or have 8 segments in 90 days on their metal after the match.

At delta.com, search for SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE.

I have six segments so far, but no First Class upgrades have cleared. You can upgrade to Econ. Comfort at check-in for free, which I have done. You also get a free bag and the priority check-in/boarding.

They support PreCheck too, which is great. Only hassle is you almost always have to connect in SLC or ATL to get anywhere else.

How did you get the UA Status Match, if you don't mind sharing?

ridedontslide Sep 27, 2014 10:07 pm

What about Delta with Ascent? Any chance they would offer the same? I'm ready to move on from Frontier and Delta is a good option for my routes.

Mwenenzi Sep 27, 2014 11:13 pm

You will need / want status on the airlines that fly to your destinations
No use getting status if they do not go where you want to at a price you are happy to pay.

The grass is not greener over the fence

May be of interest: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html

nobodyherebutme Sep 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by khoward (Post 23591773)
How did you get the UA Status Match, if you don't mind sharing?

I contacted [email protected] with my MileagePlus number and a copy of my frontier card.

mkenwayx Oct 13, 2014 2:47 am

Has anyone had luck with matching from ascent? By year end I'll have enough that I would have made summit, but obviously won't have the title to prove it anymore. Funny thing that I got ascent as a match from dl. I miss dl, but their schedule here in den, if you can't go through SLC is terrible going east...the last departure for me is 3pm.

My options are ua (all Crj to mke, which is one common route I fly) or wn (at 6'4 I like the guarantee of a seat with extra leg room). Tough choice...but anyone match to wn yet from either summit or ascent?

ridedontslide Oct 22, 2014 6:08 am

Originally Posted by mkenwayx (Post 23668211)
Has anyone had luck with matching from ascent? By year end I'll have enough that I would have made summit, but obviously won't have the title to prove it anymore. Funny thing that I got ascent as a match from dl. I miss dl, but their schedule here in den, if you can't go through SLC is terrible going east...the last departure for me is 3pm.

My options are ua (all Crj to mke, which is one common route I fly) or wn (at 6'4 I like the guarantee of a seat with extra leg room). Tough choice...but anyone match to wn yet from either summit or ascent?

Delta matched Ascent to their Silver for me. Just fill out the form and send a copy of your card.

mkenwayx Oct 23, 2014 5:03 pm

I got f9 ascent from dl silver when I moved to denver. Dl connections from den are terrible. I love dl and miss them, but I can't ever leave very late for the places u usually go (eg no slc-Mke so have to connect east which means leaving at 1 or 3 at the latest).

Thanks though!

Emailed wn but haven't gotten a response yet...

stuyguy Oct 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by mkenwayx (Post 23725162)

Emailed wn but haven't gotten a response yet...

I also emailed WN as a multi-year Summit flying DEN-LGA often. They declined

mkenwayx Oct 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Still waiting for my decline. I find it rather surprising. Most airlines have locally made an effort to gain support from elites from other airlines undergoing major changes, etc.

Things are changing I guess. DL doesn't care about low paying elites, UA doesn't care about anyone, WN isn't concerned about gaining some elites in DEN, F9 has given up on elites, US elites feel shafted by AA.....

italdesign Oct 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme (Post 23591717)
Like many others I've been contemplating using another airline for my trips. But the thought of being relegated to middle seats

I don't know your booking and travel patterns, but if traveling solo and status-less I've always been able to get window or aisle with WN, UA, AA, F9, DL, etc, by selecting seat in advance (>=1 month helps), or in WN's case confirm @ T-24hr.