Just hit Ascent... couple of questions

Old Jul 18, 2013, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Hi - I just made it to Ascent. Will hit Summit in another couple of months most likely. Anyways, I have four flights already booked but with normal (ie not stretch/select seating). I tried changing my seats to better ones, but the website wanted to charge me for both stretch and select. My understanding is that I should be able to change to select for free, and request select when checking in online. Is that not accurate?

Also - it sounds like booze is free for both Ascent and Summit after August first. Is that unlimited, or just one drink?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 3:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Silver, Delta Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Welcome to our small group

If you book anywhere but flyfrontier.com, you have to call in to frontier and they will upgrade you to select seats. If you're booking at their site and signed in, you should be able to upgrade to select, but it is sometimes flaky and you will need to call in afterward. As an ascent, you have to wait until checkin time and see if a stretch seat is open and then you can get one for no charge. As of 8/1, booze is available to you and it is unlimited. But the most expensive wines are off limits for elites. Hope this helps, but no more free tv for us after 8/1. Go figure on that one.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:23 am
Original Member

Programs: United Silver, Delta Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Update. Booze is just one drink.

But you can have all the soda you want while watching the other passengers pay $1.99 for a Pepsi.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:07 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)

Also new to ascent. Is it just 1 drink or unlimited? Obviously nonalcoholic are unlimited. One place it says 1 and another it had an s making it seem like more than one.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Ascent is 1
Summit gets unlimited alcoholic beverages
Old Sep 2, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)

Thought so. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.