Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more DirecTv for Summits eff. Aug 1st, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta Silver
I'd rather have a snack box and free TV than unlimited booze.

But I'd be willing to trade the TV for WiFi on the Airbuses.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:22 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
This change has me thinking about the actual future of Frontier. Clearly they are moving to ULCC much like Spirit and Allegiant. If this is the case, do Spirit and Allegiant have 'loyal' fliers are are the passengers simply the ones that need to get from A to B and cost is all they consider.

If this is the case, can a hub in DEN be sustained? Probably not. Does Spirit and Allegiant have hub operations or simply point-to-points?

I honestly don't see why F9 doesn't seem to really care about sustaining a loyal base. Thoughts?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Department of sad ironies: I flew DEN-LAS yesterday and had to inform the FA that this ridiculous policy was coming August 1. She didn't quite believe me in row 1; she began to believe when Summits and Ascents in rows 2 and 3 piped in.

Meanwhile, staring at me on the bulkhead the entire flight was Frontier's advertising tagline, which includes the words "More Perks."

For the love of God.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: United Premier Executive ; Frontier Summit
For every Summit that stops flying Frontier, they have to find 15 new customers to fill the revenue gap= advertising $$$...or they could just pay $75 for the 15 flights of DirecTV.

Business 101--- F
Old Jul 12, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: UA
Don't like it at all. First fresh food goes which I used quite often when in a rush and now the TV.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by tombourn
For every Summit that stops flying Frontier, they have to find 15 new customers to fill the revenue gap= advertising $$$...or they could just pay $75 for the 15 flights of DirecTV.

Business 101--- F
Even worse- it doesn't cost them $75 for the 15 flights of DirecTV. The TVs are there, watched or not. It's a sunk cost.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Even worse- it doesn't cost them $75 for the 15 flights of DirecTV. The TVs are there, watched or not. It's a sunk cost.
I'm pretty sure LiveTV owns those and installs them for free, In exchange F9 gets a portion of the usage fee. So it doesn't cost them the full fee but it does cost them something.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 1:41 pm

I was giving them thewhole price as worse case scenario

QUOTE=Jerseyguy;21085379]
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
I'm pretty sure LiveTV owns those and installs them for free, In exchange F9 gets a portion of the usage fee. So it doesn't cost them the full fee but it does cost them something.[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 14, 2013, 1:43 pm

Maybe on my last flight tomorrow, I might accidentally drop my card... And it might accidentally get passed around the plane
Old Jul 14, 2013, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Justin Does...
This change has me thinking about the actual future of Frontier. Clearly they are moving to ULCC much like Spirit and Allegiant. If this is the case, do Spirit and Allegiant have 'loyal' fliers are are the passengers simply the ones that need to get from A to B and cost is all they consider.

If this is the case, can a hub in DEN be sustained? Probably not. Does Spirit and Allegiant have hub operations or simply point-to-points?

I honestly don't see why F9 doesn't seem to really care about sustaining a loyal base. Thoughts?
Republic Airways Holdings (RAH) is trying to sell F9 and it appears that the price is not right at this time. RAH doesn't care one iota if you, I, or anyone else decided to drop their program. Common B6, this is an opportunity for you to expand your US footprint. RAH would like to return to regional contract flights for major carriers. They would love to see F9 FFMs decide to fly other major carriers that they will have regional contract flights.

Last edited by Dalat767; Jul 14, 2013 at 10:02 pm
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:08 pm

DFW is a cluster f}^{ with outsourced staff. Waiting in Summit line while people in front of me are paying for luggage. Slogan should be ... Less and less Perks!!!

And as a Summit... I was put in Zone 3 boarding per my boarding pass
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:33 pm

And now, no TV for the whole plane. United, here I come.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tombourn
DFW is a cluster f}^{ with outsourced staff. Waiting in Summit line while people in front of me are paying for luggage. Slogan should be ... Less and less Perks!!!

And as a Summit... I was put in Zone 3 boarding per my boarding pass
??? Did your pass say Summit on it? That's nuts!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:33 am
Original Member

Programs: United Silver, Delta Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
I wish

...we would get the real reason why they did this. Still don't understand why they can't do TV and instead want to give us a snack box? Doesn't a snack box cost more than a TV signal?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:35 am
Original Member

Programs: United Silver, Delta Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
No more boxes of free headphones

Noticed this yesterday - they have removed the large stand-up boxes that were filled with the 5-cent value free headphones. Does this signal another development?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.