LGA to CVG only through 11/13/19?

Old Sep 7, 19, 8:32 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 94
LGA to CVG only through 11/13/19?

If I pick LGA to CGA, I'm only getting flights through 11/13/19. Considering it's only 2 months out at this point, does that mean Frontier is no longer flying this route or flights for this timeframe could still open or flights for later dates could open up or there's just no way to know any this?

I called Frontier and the rep knew no more than what it said on the website.
lexluthor is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 1:14 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Programs: Hilton Diamond
Posts: 2,560
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
If I pick LGA to CGA, I'm only getting flights through 11/13/19. Considering it's only 2 months out at this point, does that mean Frontier is no longer flying this route or flights for this timeframe could still open or flights for later dates could open up or there's just no way to know any this?

I called Frontier and the rep knew no more than what it said on the website.
Im glad you asked this as i have the same question---except mine is SRQ-ISP or LGA---Im not very experienced with this airline.
nlkm9 is offline  
Old Sep 14, 19, 10:00 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Programs: United 1K Hilton Gold
Posts: 135
The most frustrating thing about Frontier is how often they change the schedule. You'll see many complaints on this website about that.... it appears the strategy is to fly to a city for a couple months, find a bunch of suckers with the $29 fares, and once people complain move to a new town. It makes zero sense, but they still exist so it must have some profitability.

The strange thing is being Denver based I actually LIKE frontier. They suck just as bad as United here, but cost 1/4 as much, even after fees. If you pay for the Works, it's 1/2 as much, and it's like being a United 1K - you get economy plus and waived bag fees. Your odds of being upgraded are zero on either airline, with Frontier you just don't have to walk past the rich snobs. I want them to make money so they continue to exist and be competition to United. If they offered a predictable daily schedule to the cities I need to go to, I'd even pay "real" airplane ticket prices to fly them.
DarF2001 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 19, 7:24 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by DarF2001 View Post
The most frustrating thing about Frontier is how often they change the schedule. You'll see many complaints on this website about that.... it appears the strategy is to fly to a city for a couple months, find a bunch of suckers with the $29 fares, and once people complain move to a new town. It makes zero sense, but they still exist so it must have some profitability.

The strange thing is being Denver based I actually LIKE frontier. They suck just as bad as United here, but cost 1/4 as much, even after fees. If you pay for the Works, it's 1/2 as much, and it's like being a United 1K - you get economy plus and waived bag fees. Your odds of being upgraded are zero on either airline, with Frontier you just don't have to walk past the rich snobs. I want them to make money so they continue to exist and be competition to United. If they offered a predictable daily schedule to the cities I need to go to, I'd even pay "real" airplane ticket prices to fly them.
This is pretty much my exact thoughts on Frontier. I've used them multiple times out of BUF, and every time been glad I picked them; even on the times they've moved my flight around.
von Monster is offline  
Old Sep 16, 19, 10:53 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PHL/EWR
Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 1,469
For the record TTN - JAX is also not showing past 11/12 so it looks like there are multiple routes that are in limbo after that date.

This was a 3 - 4 flights a week route.
BrlDsguise is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 12:38 pm
  #6  
Moderator, Amtrak
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: EWR :rolleyes:
Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 4,480
I mean they are launching 15 cities out of EWR on 11/15 so I guess that capacity has to come from somewhere.
Long Train Runnin is online now  
Old Sep 20, 19, 1:04 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PHL/EWR
Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 1,469
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise View Post
For the record TTN - JAX is also not showing past 11/12 so it looks like there are multiple routes that are in limbo after that date.

This was a 3 - 4 flights a week route.
TTN - JAX is discontinued on 11/12 and shortly after that date every flight between PHL - JAX is showing as $232 one-way, which means a non-club round trip.flight with the works is almost $600.
(Strange because my wife booked two JAX - PHL round flights for Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays for ~ $200 each on Tuesday.)

It was always odd that Frontier had almost simultaneous flights from PHL and TTN to JAX on the same days of the week, but I guess cutting the number of flights in half and tripling the price is worth a shot.
BrlDsguise is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread