Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA to CVG only through 11/13/19?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:32 am
Original Poster

LGA to CVG only through 11/13/19?

If I pick LGA to CGA, I'm only getting flights through 11/13/19. Considering it's only 2 months out at this point, does that mean Frontier is no longer flying this route or flights for this timeframe could still open or flights for later dates could open up or there's just no way to know any this?

I called Frontier and the rep knew no more than what it said on the website.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lexluthor
If I pick LGA to CGA, I'm only getting flights through 11/13/19. Considering it's only 2 months out at this point, does that mean Frontier is no longer flying this route or flights for this timeframe could still open or flights for later dates could open up or there's just no way to know any this?

I called Frontier and the rep knew no more than what it said on the website.
Im glad you asked this as i have the same question---except mine is SRQ-ISP or LGA---Im not very experienced with this airline.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: United 1K Hilton Gold
The most frustrating thing about Frontier is how often they change the schedule. You'll see many complaints on this website about that.... it appears the strategy is to fly to a city for a couple months, find a bunch of suckers with the $29 fares, and once people complain move to a new town. It makes zero sense, but they still exist so it must have some profitability.

The strange thing is being Denver based I actually LIKE frontier. They suck just as bad as United here, but cost 1/4 as much, even after fees. If you pay for the Works, it's 1/2 as much, and it's like being a United 1K - you get economy plus and waived bag fees. Your odds of being upgraded are zero on either airline, with Frontier you just don't have to walk past the rich snobs. I want them to make money so they continue to exist and be competition to United. If they offered a predictable daily schedule to the cities I need to go to, I'd even pay "real" airplane ticket prices to fly them.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by DarF2001
The most frustrating thing about Frontier is how often they change the schedule. You'll see many complaints on this website about that.... it appears the strategy is to fly to a city for a couple months, find a bunch of suckers with the $29 fares, and once people complain move to a new town. It makes zero sense, but they still exist so it must have some profitability.

The strange thing is being Denver based I actually LIKE frontier. They suck just as bad as United here, but cost 1/4 as much, even after fees. If you pay for the Works, it's 1/2 as much, and it's like being a United 1K - you get economy plus and waived bag fees. Your odds of being upgraded are zero on either airline, with Frontier you just don't have to walk past the rich snobs. I want them to make money so they continue to exist and be competition to United. If they offered a predictable daily schedule to the cities I need to go to, I'd even pay "real" airplane ticket prices to fly them.
This is pretty much my exact thoughts on Frontier. I've used them multiple times out of BUF, and every time been glad I picked them; even on the times they've moved my flight around.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
For the record TTN - JAX is also not showing past 11/12 so it looks like there are multiple routes that are in limbo after that date.

This was a 3 - 4 flights a week route.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I mean they are launching 15 cities out of EWR on 11/15 so I guess that capacity has to come from somewhere.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
For the record TTN - JAX is also not showing past 11/12 so it looks like there are multiple routes that are in limbo after that date.

This was a 3 - 4 flights a week route.
TTN - JAX is discontinued on 11/12 and shortly after that date every flight between PHL - JAX is showing as $232 one-way, which means a non-club round trip.flight with the works is almost $600.
(Strange because my wife booked two JAX - PHL round flights for Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays for ~ $200 each on Tuesday.)

It was always odd that Frontier had almost simultaneous flights from PHL and TTN to JAX on the same days of the week, but I guess cutting the number of flights in half and tripling the price is worth a shot.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:07 am

I came to this section of the board to figure out if Frontier was pulling out of JAX altogether? I tried several different flight pairings and they all seem to end on 11/13 or before. It's too bad, it doesn't seem like any LLC can last long in JAX even though its an under-serviced leisure market just waiting to be tapped (at least in my eyes as a JAX flyer). I have to wonder if the airport authority offers up some sweet deal for a year and then goes crazy because it happens a lot- we just added spirit but they are going to one flight a day in December, had silver for a minute, and now frontier is leaving. Delta and Atlanta will remain as part of the unavoidable travel routine it seems.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by blueskadoo
I came to this section of the board to figure out if Frontier was pulling out of JAX altogether? I tried several different flight pairings and they all seem to end on 11/13 or before. It's too bad, it doesn't seem like any LLC can last long in JAX even though its an under-serviced leisure market just waiting to be tapped (at least in my eyes as a JAX flyer). I have to wonder if the airport authority offers up some sweet deal for a year and then goes crazy because it happens a lot- we just added spirit but they are going to one flight a day in December, had silver for a minute, and now frontier is leaving. Delta and Atlanta will remain as part of the unavoidable travel routine it seems.
There are PHL - JAX Flights into April 2020.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.