Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Discount Den impact The Works price?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Does Discount Den impact The Works price?

Title really covers my question.

If easier for who is registered in Discount Den to check rather than speculate, I just checked on the following flight:
12/21/18 F9 200, DEN-CLT, One-way
$191 (non DD fare) + 114.95 (The Works) = 305.95

Since some of the Discount Den features cover the same thing as The Works, I was wondering if the price of The Works would be adjusted.

Thanks,

TRRed
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:31 pm

I'm confused. What elements of works is included with Discount Den? The credit card gives you priority boarding. Neither gives you a checked bag or even a bin bag.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

lewisc, I think you have a point, that there really are not overlapping benefits between The Works and Discount Den.
It still would be helpful to know whether the cost of The Works on a Discount Den fare is the same as on a regular fare. Based on the limited amount I have been flying on Frontier routes recently, DD has not seemed worth it for the savings on the regular fare. However, if the price of The Works were also reduced for DD fares, that would impact the comparison.
I've updated my example in case someone with DD membership has a couple of minutes to check and post results.

12/21/18 F9 200, DEN-CLT, One-way
$306 (non DD fare) + 114.95 (The Works) = $420.15
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:24 am

Discount Den does not have any affect on the price of The Works at all.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.