Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Reminder: Buy ticket at airport counter, save $19 per segment

Reminder: Buy ticket at airport counter, save $19 per segment

Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:20 pm

The Works is only available on the Frontier website at the time of booking. You can still add The Perks online if you buy at the counter.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
The Works is only available on the Frontier website at the time of booking. You can still add The Perks online if you buy at the counter.
Does The Perks differ in price if booked at the airport and added online.

I'm potentially traveling with 4 people and we all need bags and flexibility so online will be a better option this time.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink
It's called the carrier interface charge, you can see it in the breakdown online.
I've tried to find a detailed fare & tax breakdown before I purchase online, and can't see anything itemized to identify this $19 fee. Where/how do you click to see it?
When I view it, it's just "taxes & fees" or something all lumped in together and a total number for that
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
I've tried to find a detailed fare & tax breakdown before I purchase online, and can't see anything itemized to identify this $19 fee. Where/how do you click to see it?
When I view it, it's just "taxes & fees" or something all lumped in together and a total number for that
You have to click the [+] plus sign to see the breakdown of taxes and fees.
Attached Images  
synergistic likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:22 pm

I tried this for the first time at CVG a couple of weeks ago and it worked. I timed it perfectly, so there was no line at the counter. Saved $76 r/t for two!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
Anyone know if you can still get the Den Deals pricing at the airport? Or is that online only?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by SpencerC11
Anyone know if you can still get the Den Deals pricing at the airport? Or is that online only?
Online only. Promo codes are valid online only, as well.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:51 am

Just to add another datapoint; Ive confirmed (by doing it yesterday at GSP) that you can purchase tickets at the airport AND you are able to use electronic vouchers (I received after a flight cancellation) as payment.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
That's good to know. I just used a voucher I had but did it online
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:37 am

I just want to verify the baggage costs. If I book at the airport and then how much will I pay for my bag? Will have to pay the fee for my bag according to the "Before Check-In on Web / Mobile App" pricing or the "At Airport Kiosk or Ticket Counter" pricing?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by robinbtigger
Will have to pay the fee for my bag according to the "Before Check-In on Web / Mobile App"
I assume this if you are able to access your reservation online.
robinbtigger likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:24 pm

If purchasing The Works, book via the app, instead of on the website. There appears to be a $20 discount for the bundle on the app.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by robinbtigger
I just want to verify the baggage costs. If I book at the airport and then how much will I pay for my bag? Will have to pay the fee for my bag according to the "Before Check-In on Web / Mobile App" pricing or the "At Airport Kiosk or Ticket Counter" pricing?
I am not sure about Frontier as I never flown them, but with Spirit, the low price is for advanced ticket sales at the airport, not walk up sales. So after buying the actual ticket at the airport for a future date and time, you then can check in online and take advantage of online check-in waiver of additional fees. However, if you are carrying on or checking a bag, pf course you will still have fees.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 3:48 pm

The CIC charge has risen to $21/segment, which is great for those of us that buy tickets at the counter.
synergistic likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Is there anyway to break down the Taxes and Fees section?

I knew about these surcharges on NK didn't know F9 played a similar game.

Is it really $21 a segment to book online?

Big shock, but they don't make it easy to find. Saw the small plus next to it from the side pane. Interesting to know that they have this fee. I live close enough to TTN that saving 42 bucks would make the trip more then worth it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.