Wiki Posts
Search

AUS - RNO $19 next week

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
AUS - RNO $19 next week

I see only about 5% of flight seats taken AUS to RNO for next week and its less than $20 one way

My question thoughis do they ever cancel a flight due to light loads? I booked my transportation to AUS from Dallas already so hoping for the best
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:10 am

No, they will not cancel the flight. Also, note that many people do not pay the extra money to select their seat ahead of time, so even though you only see 5% of the seats taken that's not an indication of how many have been sold. A light load is a true rarity on Frontier. They will try to fill the plane, even if it means selling the seat for $19.
john398 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I thought it made me select a seat when I booked, but maybe I missed the bypass option, thanks for your reply
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:30 am
Original Poster

It turned out great, when I got to the gate I asked for a complementary seat upgrade and was pleasantly surprised I got 5C with an empty row, flight was about 40% full and was a great Inaugural Flight with gift bags as we got off the plane

Frontier has impressed me and I would for sure fly them again
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by john398
Thanks, I thought it made me select a seat when I booked, but maybe I missed the bypass option, thanks for your reply
Their website makes is seem like you have to select a seat but unless something has changed very recently you can proceed without actually selecting one. If you don't select a seat they generally assign seats from the back to the front.
john398 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
They posted some $15 seats on very select routes for Thursday April 12. I'd had my eye on an ATL-SJC roundtrip on the new route for the April 27-30 long weekend (a really prime one for awards and deals, BTW), but from ATL their cities with $15 seats were MCO, CVG and SLC, with that last one being kinda unusual. Was lucky to score ATL-SLC-ATL at $28.40 a-i. (Woo hoo!). Website had slow response, so it was getting hammered. There were some good short-term deals on long-haul routes, though. You could say it was a limited "dump" just to fill up planes at a slow time and make whatever they can from the ancillary fees.

If history is any guide the $15 sale might pop up again briefly, with seats only on the slowest-moving routes and only for the next 3-4 weeks with availability strongest at 1-2 weeks. Having flexibility to go on short notice and playing the waiting game can pay off at this time of year.
john398 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.