FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program-668/)
-   -   F9 big route announcements on 7/18 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program/1854606-f9-big-route-announcements-7-18-a.html)

N830MH Jul 17, 2017 2:05 pm

F9 big route announcements on 7/18

Lookout for big route announcements by tomorrow morning. They getting more new routes from MIA, CVG, or anywhere else.

Let the speculation begin.

N830MH Jul 17, 2017 10:12 pm

F9 added new routes from MIA to CVG, DTW, CLE, SJU, PVD, and MKE, as well.

And looks like Frontier will pull out of FLL.

JazzyJosh Jul 18, 2017 8:44 am

Yeah, I got completely screwed by these changes. They killed my RDU -> SFO Round Trip and unhelpfully offered a refund and a $100 voucher. Looks like they're leaving RDU

jk88usa Jul 18, 2017 11:08 am

Wow 21 new routes out of DEN...bringing back all the old ones and some

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/18...international/

I don't love F9 but this is a great move for me

Also, side thought: where exactly is F9 going to get all the extra gate space needed for this at DEN???

vincewy Jul 18, 2017 11:59 am

Glad I waited until today as I was trying to find MI/OH to Miami for less than $300 around Christmas and New Year.

Right now, you can get CLE-MIA for less than $100 1 way around Christmas/New Year, much cheaper than DTW. Kayak isn't quick enough to update the new airfares available but I took the plunge quickly, knowing it may be limited and a flash sale.

Besides nonstop and competitive pricing, I really like their middle of the day flights when I can arrive and get up at humane hours in MIA. AA and DL tend to time their flights for other connections so it's either early in the morning or evening.

p.s. low fare gone out of CLE for Xmas and NY but other dates are still incredibly cheap at $44.

bridge29 Jul 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Hugely disappointing they are not re-entering MDT. Frontier even went on record to say their MDT-DEN and MDT-MCO flights were profitable, with DEN getting an A320 some days. MDT is one of the largest markets without nonstop service to MCO.

N830MH Jul 18, 2017 11:06 pm

We have new route from PHX.

They adds PHX-AUS/SAT. Beginning in Spring 2018. No specific date to be set yet.

RustyC Jul 19, 2017 3:01 am

Well, ATL-SJU three times a week, though a number of ATL routes will drop off seasonally soon.

Looks like they clearly want to re-hub DEN, but with sparse schedules to a number of cities you'll have people facing overnight layovers in DEN if they want to connect. Could lead to a noticeable increase in the number of people sleeping at the airport.

wallyboag Jul 19, 2017 10:19 am

I agree with Rusty. I think it's great that they are expanding their flights in and out of DEN, but their connection times in that airport always seem to be really long.

One good thing, with the train to downtown Denver now, if you have a 6 hour layover you can always head into town and do some stuff there isntead of just waiting at the airport.

maracle Jul 19, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm interested in the Austin - Columbus route...all I can find is it will start in October and should be for sale "by September". Anyone know if there is more detail on the route schedule (daily? weekly?) and how to find out as soon as they go on sale?

Bonehead Jul 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Finally...a nonstop DEN-Upstate NY (Buffalo) (WN to ALB doesn't count...I won't fly them). Maybe UA will watch this route and compete at some point.

Not holding my breath.

DarF2001 Jul 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by bridge29 (Post 28576668)
Hugely disappointing they are not re-entering MDT. Frontier even went on record to say their MDT-DEN and MDT-MCO flights were profitable, with DEN getting an A320 some days. MDT is one of the largest markets without nonstop service to MCO.

I am also sad MDT is not coming back, but asking for COS-TPA in every survey seemed to work. I will start asking for MDT-DEN again (knowing COS-MDT is very, very, very unlikely).

Justin026 Jul 23, 2017 10:49 am

I find it hard to comprehend how the Frontier network actually fits together, especially point-to-point in the eastern US. I used them a few years ago several times and still see them occasionally flying the same routes I'm on when using DL and WN. But the route map on the Frontier website is a lot of spaghetti with about 30 side notes included; beyond that is it mainly a guessing game of putting in cities and seeing whch days they go where?

There is a way I found to access a series of pages for each origin city, but it seems pretty stilted and out of date. It still shows ATL-IND, for example. And you still have to sort out less-than-daily service by trial-and-error. It would be helpful to put in a city and have it say "3x weekly to XYZ, 2x daily to DEN hub" or similar information. I have also seen other airline maps that isolate each city and show its nonstop and connecting routes.

flyYX Jul 24, 2017 7:34 am

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 28573595)
F9 added new routes from MIA to CVG, DTW, CLE, SJU, PVD, and MKE, as well.

And looks like Frontier will pull out of FLL.

I would have been more excited if AA started MKE - MIA. It would have made a lot more sense since AA has a hub there and is the gateway to Latin America.

liberty805 Jul 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Sad to see RDU to both TTN and PHL eliminated. Sucks that they can't compete with AA who have already shot their price back up to about $350 one way on that route for the dates after Frontier stops flying it.