Carrier Interface Charge / "CIC"

Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
I have bought large groups of tickets on both F9 and NK with only myself present.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: DL BA Amex
Can anyone confirm as to whether miles are earned for tickets purchased at the airport?

I am also an elite member, so advance seat assignments are important as well.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by bajrbajr
Can anyone confirm as to whether miles are earned for tickets purchased at the airport?

I am also an elite member, so advance seat assignments are important as well.
Yes, the ticket is exactly the same as if booked online. You can purchase your seat assignment at the counter if you'd like or you can add it when you get home. I've occasionally also had them add a preferred seat for free when I've asked nicely.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Yes, the ticket is exactly the same as if booked online. You can purchase your seat assignment at the counter if you'd like or you can add it when you get home. I've occasionally also had them add a preferred seat for free when I've asked nicely.
just returned from the airport. (CLE)
I purchased three o/w tickets and saved $19 each.

I gave the counter agent my FF#, and he said he entered it, but he was not able to select free seats for me. (which I am entitled to as an elite member)
I looked at the reservations when I got home and noticed he had entered my name differently than it appears on an existing reservation and in my profile. My FF# was not on the reservation.
I changed the name to match and was able to enter my FF# and select free seat assignments.

My existing profile has no middle initial, and lists "JR" in the last name field, NOT in the suffix field... apparently this all must match exactly.
Capitalization didn't seem to matter.

I'm not sure, but I think the NAME CHANGE must be done within 24 hours of making the reservation.

Last edited by bajrbajr; Jun 10, 2017 at 8:38 am
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:52 am

Keeping track of the CIC

Anyone keeping track of the prices? Is this flat and going up or is it a variable number. I'm trying to book NY->ATL for end of August and it is currently $38.

I did the same flight earlier this month and checked my reservations in my email. The price of the actual ticket was more but it seemed the overall reservation was less because the CIC must have been cheaper.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by im10er
Anyone keeping track of the prices? Is this flat and going up or is it a variable number. I'm trying to book NY->ATL for end of August and it is currently $38.

I did the same flight earlier this month and checked my reservations in my email. The price of the actual ticket was more but it seemed the overall reservation was less because the CIC must have been cheaper.
I have purchased about a dozen o/w fares at the airport in the past two months, and the Carrier Interface Charge (CIC) has always been $19. (CLE-LAS & CLE-MCO)
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:15 am

Does anyone know if you can use a travel voucher because of a cancelled flight at the airport to avoid the CIC?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: AmEx Rewards
Will Frontier honor sale airfare prices if you purchase in-person at the airport?
Are you able to use cash or credit card?

Edited to add:
Based on another thread, it looks like Frontier won't honor Discount Den prices for airfare purchased in-person at the airport.

Last edited by radar_99; Sep 7, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by radar_99
Based on another thread, it looks like Frontier won't honor Discount Den prices for airfare purchased in-person at the airport.
Correct.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by radar_99
Will Frontier honor sale airfare prices if you purchase in-person at the airport?
Are you able to use cash or credit card?

Edited to add:
They will not accept cash at the airport... at least they don't at CLE, but I think you will find it the same everywhere.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:50 pm

$1630 in person at TTN vs $2030 online (7 tickets). Did not present an EarlyReturns number but will try to get credit. Can't beat it.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K
Promo code

When buying tickets the airport. Can the ticket agent enter in a promo code?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Nope.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:40 am

Bought a ticket at the counter earlier this week. The DEN-LAX airfare portion was $3.72 r/t hah! $32.40 w/ taxes. The ticket agent said she had seen the fares earlier in the morning and bought one herself. She didn't seem to understand why the prices were cheaper at the airport so I explained the CIC. She applauded me for being clever.

She gave me a seat without me asking. It was a window in the way back, I almost certainly would have gotten a better seat if I just waited until checkin. At least it wasn't a middle, then I think I would have been forced to pay to move out to another seat, gah!
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:32 pm

$25 "airport fee" for Frontier bookings?

I just went to the ticket counter to avoid the CIC fee and they told me that I would have to pay a $25 "airport fee" for any booking! So the $19 fee is waived only for a new $25 fee to be added, so the cost of the ticket was actually $6 more than online. Given that the optional nature of these fees is how the airlines ostensibly avoid paying excise tax, I am not sure how this is legal, since it appears to be impossible to pay SOME fee that is imposed by the carrier. I even called the airline and the lady told me the CIC could only be waived at the airport, but didn't know about an airport fee and said I'd have to go to the ticket counter. Ugh. It's not alot of money but I still feel swindled.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.