Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Frontier rips you off

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

How Frontier rips you off

This is the most egregious Airline in history, in my opinion. We have 4 different family members accounts, and no matter which one we try to sign into, it does not let us sign into it. Then you have to call in, wait online and spend a great deal of time trying to get logged in.
After a GREAT deal of time and effort dealing with Frontier, I can say, with utmost confidence, this company is a SCAM. They make it incredibly difficult for you to use your miles.

TRUST ME, THIS IS A BAD COMPANY.
Old May 14, 2016, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Benster
This is the most egregious Airline in history, in my opinion. We have 4 different family members accounts, and no matter which one we try to sign into, it does not let us sign into it. Then you have to call in, wait online and spend a great deal of time trying to get logged in.
After a GREAT deal of time and effort dealing with Frontier, I can say, with utmost confidence, this company is a SCAM. They make it incredibly difficult for you to use your miles.

TRUST ME, THIS IS A BAD COMPANY.
cool story bro.
Old May 15, 2016, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
The website is an ongoing rolling dumpster fire, so I wouldn't attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity. I can't get either Chrome or Firefox to display the sale roster correctly, and the scripts just cause delays site-wide. I'm sure they'd blame me or anyone else for not having the latest OS or browser version, but when you fall back on that you should know you're losing a lot of business.

I had to register twice and may have lost an ATL-IAD one-way credit, but just getting the e-mail verification e-mail was an unexpected hurdle.

There's probably a lot of competition for talent in the IT sector as pertaining to all this, as you've got not only the other airlines but tons of third-party CRSes. Frontier is probably low on the totem pole.
Old May 26, 2016, 2:27 pm

I dumped 50k points so I would never have to fly that clown show ever again.
Old May 26, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
and then the 180 days booking requirement

As this has been posted previously, the ugly, and impossible 180 day booking requirement. I agree, this is fraud.

To avoid all fees, it requires you to book more than 180 days in advance to avoid all booking fees (for basic members without F9 credit card). Oh wait, 180 days from today (May 26) is November 22. Frontier is only taking reservations through October 26. Luckily, I've emptied my account already....

Jiburi
Old May 27, 2016, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by jiburi
As this has been posted previously, the ugly, and impossible 180 day booking requirement. I agree, this is fraud.

To avoid all fees, it requires you to book more than 180 days in advance to avoid all booking fees (for basic members without F9 credit card). Oh wait, 180 days from today (May 26) is November 22. Frontier is only taking reservations through October 26. Luckily, I've emptied my account already....

Jiburi
You are correct, except for a small windows when the schedule is extended.
When I last posted this on April 20, they were accepting bookings through October 26. By my count that was 6 months and 6 days.

There is a solution,

Step 1: Book an award flight for the route you want that is more than 180 days out. (No booking fee.)

Step 2: Change the flight to the date that you actually want. (No change fee.)

I haven't been tracking Frontier schedule extensions but I'd expect another extension fairly soon.

Another poster called Frontier & reported the 180-day Catch-22 and was offered $50 voucher, which, after the $15 unwanted redemption fee, leaves
$35 towards to carry-on fees.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I guess it's easier to lower your expectations if you're coming over from Spirit. In ATL we've very recently been spoiled for choice but have the ongoing disaster with the security wait times. NK and F9 also are getting the gates with the longest walking distances (I think E36 is the worst).

Spirit and Frontier both do the 180-day/$15 bit. It's one of the more dubious fees to label as "optional."

There's also a great chance that any change or redeposit fees will exceed the ticket value in many cases, meaning that lots of people will just walk away if they can't do a trip.

On the positive side, Spirit greatly overhypes its reduced-mile awards for cardholders, but if you're flexible enough to travel in specific times of the year that are lowest-demand, it can be a good deal.

Frontier, OTOH, has an elite program with the carry-on and possibility of seating with normal seat pitch (basically trying to get to parity there with the legacies). Will get to elite status after this weekend.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:04 pm

for DEN club members, can one member in a family have the membership and buy other members of family on the same reservation for the club price or does each member need to have a membership?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 6:19 am

Discount den discount is valid for up to six people on reservation with member.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:19 pm

Thank you for the clarification. i was not able to find it on the website.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
It is a LCC. Do not expect too much.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by siliconflyer
It is a LCC. Do not expect too much.
Why did you post a non-response to an old post?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by mrahul
for DEN club members, can one member in a family have the membership and buy other members of family on the same reservation for the club price or does each member need to have a membership?
Only one member of the reservation needs to be a member. Up to 5 additional people (not just family members) will receive the same fare as long as it is on the same reservation.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by RustyC
There's also a great chance that any change or redeposit fees will exceed the ticket value in many cases, meaning that lots of people will just walk away if they can't do a trip.
Actually Frontiers $99 change fee is much lower than the legacies who charge upwards of $200-250
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Thumbs up NO change fee for me

FWIW: I had to change the dates on an award ticket, something that was not possible the do online.
Dreaded the phone call and had very low expectations.The call took about 40 minutes total, of which approx. 30 were wasted on hold, on advertisements and announcements.
The call to the 801 number (who would have guessed ) was routed to the Philippines and the quality was terrible.
However, assistance was remarkably helpful and the agent - with a heavy accent - competent, professional and courteous.
No fees were charged for the change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.