FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program-668/)
-   -   The summer 2014 schedule (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program/1527961-summer-2014-schedule.html)

pkimball Dec 5, 2013 10:24 am

The summer 2014 schedule

Anyone know when it is going to be released? Last year the summer 2013 fares came online November 29. Is the Indigo acquisition going to push the summer booking process back significantly?

lowfareair Dec 6, 2013 6:52 am

Originally Posted by pkimball (Post 21908604)
Anyone know when it is going to be released? Last year the summer 2013 fares came online November 29. Is the Indigo acquisition going to push the summer booking process back significantly?

It's on a slightly different schedule this year - I believe the 11/29 update extended the schedule from Mid-May to Mid-July, with another extension in February that put it through Labor Day. Bookings this year are currently going through 6/12, so I would expect the schedule to be extended through part of August around the holidays or early January.

The timing probably has something to do with Indigo.

krisk13 Dec 7, 2013 10:08 am

Whats usually the LAX-FAI/ANC in Sept? Website only lists May and June as possibilities. Do they only fly these months.period?
I know this wont "qualify" for summer, but didn't want to start a separate thread.
Gracias!

davywavy Dec 7, 2013 10:51 am

Originally Posted by krisk13 (Post 21921166)
Whats usually the LAX-FAI/ANC in Sept? Website only lists May and June as possibilities. Do they only fly these months.period?
I know this wont "qualify" for summer, but didn't want to start a separate thread.
Gracias!

ANC and FAI are usually flown by Frontier - from DEN - for the summer from May through September.

The reason those flights are not showing yet is because the summer schedule is not published yet - it only extends to June.

pkimball Dec 15, 2013 9:47 pm

The schedule appears to be available on the website now for bookings through August 10.

pkimball Dec 17, 2013 9:27 am

My initial observation of this first schedule release under Indigo's management is that it's almost impossible to get from the east coast to Denver or other western cities for 10000 miles. I see exactly one option--MDT to DEN on Friday afternoons, which doesn't leave enough time to continue on to points west the same day.

Nothing at 10000 to or from DCA. LGA. ILG. TTN. Kind of surprising. Even some relatively short-haul award seats from DEN are starting at the 20000 price point--e.g., DEN-LAS.

Should I expect mileage requirements to decrease at some point, or is Frontier simply blocking us out of 10000 point redemptions for much of the summer schedule?