Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPS at TTN -- what's the procedure?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:35 am
Original Poster

If a flight is canceled out of/in to TTN, what is Frontier's policy? I know it has interlining agreements with the major airlines, but they don't fly out of TTN. Scheduling you on the next available flight wouldn't work too well since that could literally be weeks (if you're rebooking 100+ people on flights that only happen once every 4 days and have 95%+ loads).

I see on their website that they consider TTN and PHL to be sister airports, so I guess they would try to get you on another airline out of PHL? What if you wanted to fly out of EWR instead? Given that the bulk of their TTN marketing is now geared as an EWR alternative (with ILG being the PHL alternative), it seems like they need to add EWR to their list of TTN equivalents.

Alternatively, they also have a daily LGA-DEN flight. Assuming they could route you through DEN, do you think Frontier would allow you to swap to an LGA flight if your TTN flight is canceled?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:35 am

I think most of F9's flights out of TTN have atleast 3x weekly now.

Some pax would opt to just forgo the whole trip and request a refund, if say they were flying a Friday to Sunday weekend trip and IRROPs occured on the Friday. So, I'm not sure if it "could literally be weeks" out for the next flight since there will be fewer pax to reschedule.

They also consider TTN and ILG as separate cities, so PHL is likely the same. So, if a MDW-ILG flight is cancelled on Sunday, and the next one is on Tuesday, but a MDW-TTN flight is on Monday, they will just waive the change fee but the pax owes the fare difference (if any exists) if they want to fly on MDW-TTN instead of Tuesday's MDW-ILG.

The weekday flights (Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.) likely have available seats, I don't think they fill up as much. Or atleast I still see $48 fares sold the day of travel.

Last edited by rtalk25; Dec 10, 2013 at 11:53 am
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage

When I flew them back last January, they canceled my TTN-MCO flight and added another flight the following night. I'm told the A320 which flies out of PHL is available for backup (if a 319 is taken out of service) on the days they don't have any PHL flights. So it's possible for them to use the 320 to fly some canceled flights if it's available which for most of the week it is. Not sure that's the IRROPS plan but it's a possibility.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage

Also I just remembered a post on the F9 Facebook page from a women who said she was bussed to PHL after a pilot (I believe staying overnight in TTN) called out sick. So they do bus to PHL whether they would volunteer in case of weather is another story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.