Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Any guess when Frontier will expand its booking window?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN, AA, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*

I wanted to check Frontier's schedule in mid-July for summer travel but their booking window ends on July 10. Does anyone have any idea when they might expand it? Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:09 pm

Pretty likely to come out in the next week or two. They are generally pretty close to Southwest's rollout, which is due 2/4/13. Not necessarily lock step, but usually within a week or two.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:59 pm

I talked to a group travel booking agent today who said to look for it in mid-February, on a Monday, most likely the 18th or 25th.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN, AA, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Question

Thanks for the replies. I really like Frontier and would like to see their fares but not sure I can wait till mid-to-late Feb to book. SWA's booking window already goes through early August.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Why can't you wait? The best time for good fares is usually 6-10 weeks out.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:49 am

New schedule loaded early this morning through early September.

Have not had much time to look yet, but I've noticed that the Washington DC schedule looks iffy for the nonstops from Kansas City, Madison and Omaha.

--They are still shown flying with E190, but in the past there have been E190 flights from MSN, OMA and or MCI to Denver to rotate those E190's into the rest of the network. With the new schedule it's all Airbus from MSN/OMA/MCI to Denver. Now that I have a chance to look more closely it is more complicated than that, so hold off judgment for the moment. Some days DEN-MSN has E190, some days E190 and 319, some days only 319, and some days no flights at all.

--In parts of the new schedule, the E190 rotation at DCA does not appear to "work" correctly.

It's possible that an E190 or two will be segregated out of DCA and keep some of those markets, but even if that is what's happening, something has to change with the DCA schedule to make the flights work out.

We know that the E190 fleet is shrinking and will apparently shrink to zero. Not yet sure if this is that point, but it would not be a surprise to find the rest of the DCA point-to-point E190 flying disappear soon.

Last edited by knope2001; Feb 17, 2013 at 10:25 am Reason: Seeing more unexpected things and am not as sure about the DCA issue at the moment.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by knope2001
We know that the E190 fleet is shrinking and will apparently shrink to zero. Not yet sure if this is that point, but it would not be a surprise to find the rest of the DCA point-to-point E190 flying disappear soon.
The last executive comment was that the E190's are staying "at least until September" - but that could easily change if other work for the aircraft turns up.

The greater question is what happens to the DCA slots, which do not belong to Frontier.

They are Republic assets and when separation happens I don't know if Republic would - or could - simply gift them to Frontier.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:13 pm

Southwest and AirTran just extended to November 1. Any idea when Frontier will follow suit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.