DEN-BKG being discontinued?

Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

DEN-BKG being discontinued?

I was recently searching on flyfrontier.com for SEA-BKG flights and going past April of 2013 got a message saying 'this flight will be discontinued on April 6, 2013'.

I searched around quite a bit online and couldn't find any announcements or indications that Frontier is pulling out of BKG. Flights are 7 days a week this month, 5 days a week in Oct, Nov and Dec and only on Saturdays from January to April. Coincidentally (?) Southwest Airlines is replacing and expanding Airtran flights out of BKG starting in March of 2013 so maybe this has something to do with it??

But I'm still looking for a confirmation from some other source that these flights are actually being discontinued, couldn't find any press releases or anything like that...
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:37 am

Try searching DEN-BKG and see if you get the same message. The system may be saying that the connection or through flight ends on that date. I wouldn't worry about BKG dropping quite yet, remember that BKG says who flies where, so SW won't be able to enter the DEN-BKG market until Branson says so.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:18 pm

I understand that Frontier is not dropping BKG. I guess maybe it was a glitch?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Sorry just to clarify it was the Denver to Branson/BKG. Anyway I went back to FlyFrontier.com and now flights appear in the schedule as normally so it was a glitch after all! Thanks for the feedback.

As for Southwest @BKG, it's already a done deal, they are flying to DAL/Love Field, Houston-Hobby and I think one other destination starting in April. Hoping for some of that "Southwest effect" (if it even exists anymore) as the BKG flights tend to be higher-priced at times...
Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by dchapm
Sorry just to clarify it was the Denver to Branson/BKG.
I understood that - DEN-BKG is the only route to BKG that Frontier flies now.

It caused a kerfuffle, because some people assumed that BKG airport had kicked Frontier off the route to make itself more attractive and give BKG-DEN to Southwest.

But - happily - BKG had not done that.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by dchapm
Sorry just to clarify it was the Denver to Branson/BKG. Anyway I went back to FlyFrontier.com and now flights appear in the schedule as normally so it was a glitch after all! Thanks for the feedback.

As for Southwest @BKG, it's already a done deal, they are flying to DAL/Love Field, Houston-Hobby and I think one other destination starting in April. Hoping for some of that "Southwest effect" (if it even exists anymore) as the BKG flights tend to be higher-priced at times...
As a footnote to this, Southwest just released its new schedule and there has been a huge hoo-haa because there were no flights to BKG after April 13.

Many decided that Southwest had dropped BKG - there was a thread about it on a.net - but it must have been more than a.net because Southwest issued a clarification - it has not dropped BKG.

It was a glitch. :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.