Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Miles about to expire, how to I prevent from losing miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,

I just checked my Mom's Frontier Airlines mileage balance and from the date she last had miles put on the account, that was about 24 month's ago this month, June. What is the fastest, cheapest way to prevent this from happening? I see that I can buy 1,000 miles for $26.88.

Or, it appears I can transfer $1,000 miles from my accont to her's for $10. This option seems cheaper, but would it work? Would it keep her account active or not have any effect?

If I did this today, would this be soon enough to prevent her from loosing her balance?

According to the Frontier Website: "Unredeemed mileage accumulated in a member's account will expire at the end of the 24 months after the last accrual activity date. For example, the last mileage posting, of any kind, flight or partner as of May 2011 is valid until May 2013 unless the member has accrual activity in the interim." But, nothing is mentions of purchasing or transfering miles as a means of keeping the account active. Help!

Appreciate all help and information, thank you.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The key words in your quote are "of any kind". So, yes, your mileage transfer would be the cheapest option at $.01/mile.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Does your mother have points in other frequent flyer programs?

I don't recall whether one can exchange miles into Frontier on points.com (and what the minimums are), and I don't have my log-in information with me at work to check. However, assuming this is a viable option, you could transfer a handful of points out of the other program into Frontier, and these miles will generally post very fast (within days if not hours). If you do this, just transfer the bare minimum into Frontier since the exchange rate is not appealing.

ExitRowAisle
A Dissatisfied 2nd Class Starwood Platinum Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:44 am

Refer to this post from another thread for additional information.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18717052-post2.html
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Well, I've transfered 1,000 miles from my F9 account to hers with the $10 fee. The transaction seems immediate as her balance now shows the additioinal 1,000 miles. I also went to points.com and transfered a small handfull of mils from her US Air Dividend account to her F9 account. This last transaction I understand may take up to 7 days which still before the end of June. I hope that one or both of these transactions will giver her up to another 24 months. I tried calling Frontier to confirm, but had to hold to speak to someone and I didn't have the time, so I hung up. I guess that's why I always go to FT first as I can generally get a quicker reply. Has anyone done what I've described with the mileage transfer and use of points.com and did it work? Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Any posting of miles, from any source, to her acct should restart clock

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.