Wiki Posts
Search

Stretch seats?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Premier, Marriott Gold, Alamo Race Car tester
Stretch seats?

Has anyone flown in the new stretch seats on the 319s? Is it worth the $25 or stay with my same seats?

Thanks all!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by tomme12
Has anyone flown in the new stretch seats on the 319s? Is it worth the $25 or stay with my same seats?

Thanks all!
Yes, I've flown in the Stretch seats on A319 flights.

I'm 6'3 so in my opinion the extra space is well worth the extra $25, especially when on a longer flight. Stretch is essentially the same as Economy Plus on United if you've ever experienced that.

Hope this helps!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:06 am

Here is a little more info on STRETCH seating:

http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...tretch-faqs.do
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:06 pm

You also get to board first and are served first, so if you have your eye on buying a particular food item it likely won't be sold out.

Speaking of food, the past few food flights I've been on have seen a solid stream of meal purchase (sandwiches or salads) without them appearing to run out. That's 100% anecotdal of course, but at least on recent flights the previous claims of just a few meals boarded for a flight was not the case.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by tomme12

Thanks all!
IMO, they are totally worth the $25.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 4:41 pm

I've flown STRETCH. I found them to be comfortable and enjoyed the flight. As for $25.00, that's about to become history, as it will require a Classic Plus purchase.

That said, I would much rather see a STRETCH product offered in a 2X2 configuration. That would make it even more comfortable.

I've also flown STRETCH on the E190. Given the choice, I'll take a 2X2 STRETCH anytime. It's probably a moot point, as I've heard nothing to indicate 2X2 coming to the Airbus fleet.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by RSVP
I've flown STRETCH. I found them to be comfortable and enjoyed the flight. As for $25.00, that's about to become history, as it will require a Classic Plus purchase.
What do you mean? It's a $25 upgrade at the time of check in on Frontier.

The only possible difference I see at the moment between YX and F9 is that on YX you can do the upgrade any time between purchase and flying. I'm not positive if you can upgrade for $25 prior to check in on Frontier from economy fares or not.

That said, I would much rather see a STRETCH product offered in a 2X2 configuration. That would make it even more comfortable.

I've also flown STRETCH on the E190. Given the choice, I'll take a 2X2 STRETCH anytime. It's probably a moot point, as I've heard nothing to indicate 2X2 coming to the Airbus fleet.
If they change the A319 to 2x2 in Stretch, it isn't likely it would be only $25 because it would mean 8 fewer seats on the plane.

I've ridden in E190 Stretch 1x2 (the old US* seats) and the E190 Stretch 2x2, and I actually like the new 2x2 Stretch better on the E190 in some ways. The old US 1x2 seats are beaten up and because they are so bulky the actual useable leg room is only a couple inches better than average and the actual useableseat width isn't that much wider than standard.

The new 2x2 Stretch section on the E190 has notably more leg room than the E190 stretch section, and the seats are every bit as comfortable. The only thing the 1x2 section really has is the wider arm rest. That, and when I travel alone for work I much prefer to be siting alone, so the 1-seat side of Stretch is wonderful.

I wonder how soon they'll convert the interiors of the E190s.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:08 pm

How long will you be able to upgrade the STRETCH seats on a Midwest ticket?
I have a trip scheduled in January 2011.... should I do it now??
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001
What do you mean? It's a $25 upgrade at the time of check in on Frontier.
The $25.00 at time of booking is gone, it's now at check in based on availabilty.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by MELA
How long will you be able to upgrade the STRETCH seats on a Midwest ticket?
I have a trip scheduled in January 2011.... should I do it now??
If the booking engine is still allowing it, now is the time before the changes occur.

I think it may be too late based on what I have heard.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:48 pm

I just looked and there are no Stretch seat available for purchase for my January flight.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 5:42 am

The $25.00 at time of booking is gone, it's now at check in based on availabilty.
It is still available at purchase at time of booking on the Midwest Airlines site.

The Midwest site is going way, however it is still around because some functionality is not avaialble on the Frontier site, such as accessing your reservations if you've got a YX account instead of an F9 account.

The ability to upgrade to Stretch ahead of check in might die with the Midwest site, but it might be something still coming to the Frontier site.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 6:51 am

It is still available at purchase at time of booking on the Midwest Airlines site.
For the immediate future. Looking into early 2011, it has already disappeared.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:27 am

For the immediate future. Looking into early 2011, it has already disappeared.
Ahh, I see what you mean now. Essentially it is this:

--The only flights you can pre-upgrade to Stretch are flights sold as Midwest Airlines on midwestairlines.com

--Starting January 8th, all flights are only being sold as Frontier Airlines no matter which airline website you go to.

Therefore, at least at this point, for flights after 1/7/11 you can't upgrade to Stretch for coach fares until check in after 1/7/11.

Perhaps they will add this functionality to the Frontier site, or it may die with the Midwest site. But I completely see what you mean -- unless you're an elite level flyer or purchase a higher-tier fare from the Frontier site, you can't get Stretch prior to check in for travel arter 1/7/11.

Last edited by knope2001; Jul 15, 2010 at 10:41 am
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:47 pm

Perhaps they will add this functionality to the Frontier site, or it may die with the Midwest site.
I foresee its demise. However, only Jim Reichert knows for sure.

Classic Plus will generate a lot more revenue than $25.00 additional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.