Wiki Posts
Search

Here comes MKE-SAT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Here comes MKE-SAT

Milwaukee-San Antonio starts Nov 19th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MKE-SAT nonstop starts 11/19, daily except Tuesday/Wednesday/Saturday.

MKE 2:25pm
SAT 5:30pm

SAT 6:05pm
MKE 8:55pm

Back when Midwest flew MKE-MCI-SAT twice daily, they carried quite a bit of thru traffic from MKE, sometimes a couple dozen passengers on a 60 or 84 or 88 seat jet. This seems to be going for that traffic, which was largely leisure. Perhaps this is why Kansas City got Austin instead of San Antonio (at least for now). Austin's overall traffic was more about Kansas City.

http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...do?name=MKESAT

During the winter season, this is a good way for them to use an aircraft in the afternoon which does a sun market like MKE-RSW-MKE in the morning. Markets to Florida in particular do much better on the AM flight than a PM flight.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Hartford is on the route map now too, from MKE. But I don't see anything else yet regarding that service.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
Not exactly daily if 3 of the 7 days it doesn't fly
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHLyer82
Not exactly daily if 3 of the 7 days it doesn't fly
Hence I said daily except Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday...silly!

Standard notation for years has been that for flights that operated more than half the time, it is "daily except". Flights that operate less than half the time are noted just by the days they operate.

For example:
X6 operates Sunday through Friday
X267 operates Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
357 operates Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
6 operates Saturday only

MKE-SAT will be X246, which is daily except Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.